Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157102 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #9255 on: October 02, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
IMO the healthcare bill of the nation (and here for that matter), we ought to total it all up as a consequence of anti-vaxxers and  their dumbcuntery, and forward the bill to AutSqueaks, along with that rancid, festering cocksniffer Andrew Wank....err..Wakefield.

Between them, that no good  pack of arsemongrels have a lot of stupid people to answer for, who, obviously,  can't speak for themselves, because they are too stupid to live. I'd  not wish that on any kid, autistic or feral...I mean....neurotypical, sorry :autism:
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9256 on: October 02, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
Worked on the first floor bathroom.

I'll see you and raise you one floor.

BIL came up and helped him replace the leaky tub faucet and plumbing for the shower in the second floor bathroom yesterday, I'm still cleaning up the mess today.

Had to cut out half the damn wall in the closet of the adjoining room but finally figured out why we've had shitty water pressure from the shower head for the last 35+ years.

When you're teaching your sons how to build houses and leave them alone, w/beer... and they run out of elbows.

How that didn't bust in all those years is beyond me.

I get creative at times with repairs but thats just :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9257 on: October 02, 2018, 03:21:24 PM »
Worked in an attic I could not even sit up in
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9258 on: October 02, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »
That travesty looks like the pipework equivalent of courteney love's nether regions.

And Parts, that isn't 'creative', that, is what is known as  'a fucking abortion which ought never to have seen the light of day.

Unless it was used to hit a copper in the face repeatedly.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9259 on: October 02, 2018, 05:58:34 PM »
What did I do today that I don't do every day?

Well, I've been sitting at this desk for 5 months and I just realized that I have a phone on my desk.

It appears to be some kind of primitive artifact from an ancient form of technology involving transmission of voice through wires. A quick look around and I realized that all desks have them, although I have never seen one actually used.

I don't even know what my phone number is. I guess nobody has got around to unplugging the phones and binning them, yet.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9260 on: October 02, 2018, 07:45:52 PM »
^Isn't it good that you don't have to ring anyone or receive calls?

I went on a morning walk and forgot to go to the chemist on the way back.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9261 on: October 02, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »
Good Luck.
Thanks Jack. I could use the good luck.
Good luck Ren with the Coles job. I think you will be great at it if they give you a chance.

I briefly worked for a supermarket (part time) when I was 15. It was great. I did so well on the aptitude test (which was maths and logic based) that they put me in the deli. I was so bad at that, they put me in the car park collecting trolleys. I was really good at that. No tractors in those days, I'd just stack 'em up and push 'em up the hill.
Trolley duty was actually a job I could have applied for. I chose night fill first (I may lose some weight at that as it's quite physical), bakery second (as I have some experience at that) and check out third.
Good look  Ren.

And if all else fails, whip out that autie death-glare and  flay their souls from the marrow of their bones and Devour.Their.Hearts. :autism:

(guessing it'd be scary to them weird ass NT types, who probably aren't bright enough as  a rule to realize it is in fact, downright foxy :) )
Thank you muchly, Lestat. :autism:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9262 on: October 02, 2018, 09:02:53 PM »
^Isn't it good that you don't have to ring anyone or receive calls?

It's the nature of the modern office environment that people simply don't use their desk phones any more.

If you have a business card it has your mobile number on it. Your emails are automatically tagged with your name, position and mobile number. The desk phone is obsolete.

I am constantly in touch with our testing team in the Philippines and our development team in Indonesia. I use a chat application for that - either group chats or one-to-one chats. If I need to speak to someone then we tend to use Skype so that we can share whatever screens are relevant to the discussion, or do walkthroughs. I like using the chat, I can type fast and I can process information (in my head) better that way.

Even people who are constantly on the phone to customers or potential customers or partners all day don't use their desk phones any more.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #9263 on: October 02, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »
Survived a night of work at walmart!   :facepalm2:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9264 on: October 02, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
Why of course, ren my dear. You are rather special after all :) (in both senses of the word :autism:)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9265 on: October 03, 2018, 12:10:42 AM »
Got up. Walked from one hotel to another for a company activity in Copenhagen. Discovered that I'm early. Now drinking coffee while posting here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9266 on: October 03, 2018, 05:02:26 AM »
Well, I've been sitting at this desk for 5 months and I just realized that I have a phone on my desk.
Also have a non functioning desk phone, but have assumed it's still there because it may function again some day. Used to ignore it quite a bit anyway, so wont mind if it continues to sit silent. Was forced to buy a cell for work, because it's impossible to work remotely without a secondary authentication, but refuse to use it as a work phone. Have grown to prefer calls via computer, but will never like IM/chat applications. Probably because it's text format and they could just send me an email instead. IM always seems pushy, like someone showing up at my desk, insisting I immediately stop my train of thought as if what they're thinking is more important that what I'm currently thinking. I don't even bother logging in for chat. An email can be answered when I'm ready, and computer calls are scheduled.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9267 on: October 03, 2018, 05:20:18 AM »
Text chats work for me because I've got remote teams that are held up if I don't resolve their issues and questions promptly. I don't really like voice calls for work stuff, I miss too much, always feel like my brain is out of sync with the conversation.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9268 on: October 03, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »
Might feel differently about it if anyone were that dependent. Waiting for me does hold people up, but only for that thing; not as if they can't do their job at all. Same thing for me, waiting for others holds me up too, but not in such a way to make me completely idle.

Also, the text in your avatar is illegible. What does it say?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:30:11 PM by Jack »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #9269 on: October 03, 2018, 04:57:45 PM »
Thank gawd I'm too pretty for work.  :zoinks:
:gopher: