Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157199 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8925 on: May 19, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »
Went out for about an hour or so for the road festival.

Encountered a small puppy resembling a miniature teddy bear and gave belly rubs while being used as a chew toy.

Ran into an old friend.

Bought BBQ chicken to take home.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8926 on: May 19, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »
Received some methadone bought recently. Just as well too, was here by the time I awoke from sleep, and immediately after taking a solid dose, ended up passing out (not due to the methadone, this was mere seconds to minutes after swallowing the tablets, this was due to blood pressure being low and getting up too quickly without compensating for the orthostatic hypotension caused by the myorelaxant I need to take for the otherwise permanent, and very painful indeed spasm in my calf muscle on one side, because of some failed knee surgery years ago, left me with nerve damage, stuff blocks noradrenaline release and its not only a muscle relaxer (and a bloody powerful one at that) but
it also causes blood pressure to plummet like one's stomach if told 'you have the ebola virus, and its the Zaire strain' [and by the way your wife and kids just got run over by a truck whilst coming to the hospital to see you]'

Got up too fast, barely awake, just had wriggled out from under the covers on the sofa and was still blinking at the nasty lights, so wasn't really thinking about 'best bend forward at the waist, holding on to something, and then straighten out, very, very slowly and carefully'. I was more thinking
'bloody hell's own teeth, do I ever need a PISS!' :spazz:

Long story short, made it just far enough to the stone floor of the walk-in shower and bog room for there to be a really hard landing, passed out cold and fell backwards, braining myself on the stone floor. Then went to A&E, to rule out any spinal or skull fracture, because the turning circle of my neck had been reduced to sod all (still is, I have to walk round in a circle on the spot to look anywhere that isn't forwards)

And of course that it hurts like a bastard. Very, very glad indeed that my methadone tablets arrived before I went the hospital, and were waiting for me on waking up. Because the 60mg of dihydrocodeine given me in the hospital itself wouldn't even stop me withdrawing from the regular pain meds I must take. The physeptone held me perfectly, and actually feeling rather nice, aside from the frequent twinging in my neck and the back of my skull if it touches anything or I accidentally bend my neck.

But, it did what it was meant to, and is helping to considerably reduce the pain. Not going to take the prescription dihydrocodeine 30s I was scripted (56 of them), aside from four I did take, since I have methadone, which is far stronger, and very long acting, and because as it happens I have been saving up boxes of the 7.5mg/500mg DHC/paracetamol OTC formulation because I require dihydrocodeine for a certain special reason. Something far grander and more interesting than dihydrocodeine. Its due to lose that 6' -OMe and have it replaced by a far prettier little lady by the name of 'ester' :autism:

So just as I had the need for several grams of dihydrocodeine, over 1.5g just came falling into my hands. Perfect. And at a time when I had plenty boxes of the OTC stuff too. Weak and full of paracetamol, but the water solubility of paracetamol is miniscule, and that of DHC, it is extremely soluble. The two can most easily be separated by means of addition of ice-cold water to the powdered tablets (the OTC kind with APAP in them) and then letting it settle, pouring the liquid through a filter in a fritted Buchner funnel, attached to a flask, followed by application of vacuum to the solids in the funnel to suck out the last of the dihydrocodeine dissolved in the water retained in the solids in the filter)

Works just fine. Strips all that nasty parashitamol out just nice and leaves one with a crystal-clear filtrate and the rubbish retained in the filter-cake, just ready for the filtrate to be basified and refined to crystalline solids prior to its...future assignment(s)

(apologies for the terrible chemist's pun on 'ester/esther', that was awful, I know, I know...but hey, at least I didn't make lewd jokes about Sn2 nucleophilic substitutions and 'convicted of nucleophilia', so I could have been filthy and done much worse :spazz:) eheheheh.

And last thing I've done up until now, is light a cigar, neck a few methadone pills, and fix the dictionary in firefox so it recognizes the words 'nucleophilic' 'nucleophile' 'electrophilic' and electrophile'  because the damn thing kept trying to change them to 'nucleoside' and 'electroplate', and of course being a chemist, such words are required frequently.

What else...about to watch family guy and american dad on TV, once that noxious little mollusk 'keith lemon' has finished blathering bollocks unworthy of a tourettes-afflicted sewer rat born with brain damage so severe his autonomic functions are about the only thing functioning'. Celebrity juice, the show is, and it, as well as its presenter is an abomination, a defilement of the eyes, ears and brain. Fucking HATE that tosser, he is just...vapid, vile and completely, utterly mindless. I'm surprised he can shite and breathe at the same time, without using up so much of whatever vestigial neurological capacity he possesses, that his heart stops beating.

One can only hope..... :P

Everything about keith lemon, it just makes me want to thump him one. In the face. With a frying pan. A frying pan full of flesheating african driver-ants. And then throw him out of a speeding car into a concrete post laden with wasp nests. Guy is a repugnant little shit who should never have been born. His mother is the poster-child for legalization of antenatal abortion, even years after birth. Pencil-dicked ginger prick. He is...well his existence is just aggravating and needs to stop.

Given a chance...I'd stuff him headfirst into the oven, wrapped in tinfoil (well aluminium foil, since kitchen foil is not in actual fact, made out of tin) and then slow-roast him, leaving a crack in the door, so oxygen can get in and make sure he wouldn't suffocate first, that would be far too good for him :P )

In short, he is a cunt, a prick, a wanker, arsehole, feculent mountain of rancid, fungating smegma without the right to embezzle the oxygen that other, perfectly disgusting, nasty ass child rapists, kitten-stomping animal abusers and the muggers and killers of little old lady pensioners for their last fifty pence. Completely without redeeming features of any kind, any way, shape or form, and fit only to be cast upon a landfill site and quickly buried beneath a tide of rotting garbage. Where he will of course, feel right at home.

Tosser.

Oh,  and I don't like him, either.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #8927 on: May 20, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
Made my bruva mad today by talking about how I have a place to live when daddy dies. Oh well, if you can't prey on others, then what's the point? Not enough space on this planet for everyone I'm afraid.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8928 on: May 20, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
coffee
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8929 on: May 21, 2018, 05:17:00 AM »
Went for a walk by the foreshore,
Drove to Aldi for boxes of Coke and some snacks for next week's autism meet up,
Had lunch at home,
Took Kayleigh to her psych appt,
We went to a whole bunch of shops looking for "Tangles" (plastic shapes that come in lots of different colours and can be pulled apart or linked together),
Just got home and had dinner,
Now for a shower and bed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8930 on: May 21, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Travelled to Copenhagen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8931 on: May 21, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »
Answered a rock question from a friend in NZ. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8932 on: May 21, 2018, 08:21:29 PM »
Took meds
Told Kira off for spilling the cat bowl of water again.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8933 on: May 21, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
Wrangled with tech support.
Went out for ice cream.
Wrangled with tech support some more.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8934 on: May 22, 2018, 06:36:21 AM »
Wrangled with tech support.
Went out for ice cream.
Wrangled with tech support some more.
Ah, but you're a werewolf wrangler.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8935 on: May 25, 2018, 09:40:23 PM »
I am, and today the problem is solved.  8)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8936 on: May 26, 2018, 03:34:39 AM »
Nothing much yet. Slept late. :yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8937 on: May 30, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
Just been watching star trek (TOS, TNG) and andromeda, poking around with a flask full of mostly bromine, some water, and, unfortunately although necessarily, a load of bromine monochloride gas, a golden-yellow brownish gas that is extremely poisonous, with an acutely hazardous to lethal level IIRC somewhere around that of phosgene, and if it were in quantity (in this case its just the headspace of the flask, which isn't much, plus enough to fill a condenser airspace and that of the vigreaux column mounted on top; to be a chemical warfare agent, although AFAIK it has never been used as such, which of course will need great care in its handling whilst I render it inert and dispose of it in a safe manner, venting it through tanks of alkali in aqueous solution to scrub it as harmless chloride/bromide salt mixture in order to recover the valuable bromine content from it. Its just..the sort of thing that makes even me a bit nervous, due to its exceedingly toxic nature, being potentially fatal either via inhalation or skin contact. Rather nasty shit at best, and at worst, a potential killer. Nobody else of course would be allowed to be put at risk, and I myself, will be in protective clothing, blast-shield over my face over the usual goggles and respirator gear out the wazzoo when it comes to time to (very, very, VERY cautiously) decompose the BrCl, because gases that can kill on skin contact are NOT the kind of thing I enjoy having to deal with. And not just kill, like its tamer relative iodine monochloride (speaking  very relatively, mind you, tamER, but still ultra-corrosive, and highly toxic, AFAIK not so toxic as BrCl, although it is much easier to handle, since iodine monochloride is a solid, with a relatively modest low melting point, to the point where it is often liquid at room temperature, and as such, it is much safer to handle and to measure out, as well as being able to be kept for use as a reagent, I have a bottle of it in the reagent fridge, actually, that I made myself a while back, and with the fluoropolymer inert cap and seal, and teflon tape wrapped tightly round the screw thread of the bottle neck, other than the cap/seal its all glass, and it has behaved itself well enough) but BrCl boils at 5 'C, so at RT its gaseous, and I've no desire to try and confine it under pressure whatsoever, as a burst when it comes past its boiling point, would be lethal without doubt. And it doesn't just kill, it also has a very strong tendency towards, aside from being corrosive as hell-fire, setting anything organic, and a lot of inorganics on fire on contact, being hypergolic with a good many compounds, even setting fabrics and paper etc. on fire at a touch.

So..I've got rather the nasty little customer on my hands, that needs to be removed and disposed of safely at the earliest potential opportunity to do so. Although I certainly have full confidence in my ability to render it harmless and inert, or I'd have spent more money to get some phosphoric acid and use that to prepare my HBr, and not even considered using the method of producing it via Br2, making the Br2 via gassing an alkali metal bromide salt with chlorine gas due to the bromine monochloride gas byproduct.

Thankfully it is only a small amount too, so not too difficult to handle, all things considered. Nasty as all hell, but nothing I can't handle.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #8938 on: June 01, 2018, 07:49:09 PM »
Just got back from our annual trip to Kentucky to visit the inlaws!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #8939 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
Just got back from our annual trip to Kentucky to visit the inlaws!

interesting...i have family from kentucky. my moms side is all over northern and eastern kentucky.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.