Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157966 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8220 on: April 27, 2017, 09:13:57 AM »
I'm not fond of modern architecture.  Don't feel comfortable in homes with the "open concept" floor plan.  Our living room flows into the dining room.  The dining room opens at a 90 degree angle to the kitchen.  Think a capital L.  Not my choice, I plan on putting some type of partial partition between the dining and living rooms.  Maybe a largish piece of furniture.  Not possible with the dining room and kitchen.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8221 on: April 27, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
I love windows. But I am imagining the total picture.

No neighbors, high on a hill in the middle of nowhere looking out over the view with a cup of coffee in my hand. Drapes on a line to close it off at night.

...any spying to be done will be done by me. :ninja:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8222 on: April 27, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
  Today I slept really late for a change, internetted on my computer, internetted on my phone ...
  and absolutely pined for some beautiful Mid-Century Modern houses.  I so love the floor-to-ceiling
  glass in some of them, all that natural light and the feeling of the outdoors being right in the room.
  Which is funny, because in my real-life apartment, I keep the all blinds closed round the clock.  :tinfoil:

Really like that aesthetic too, but would never choose to live in a fishbowl.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8223 on: April 27, 2017, 04:12:48 PM »
  Today I slept really late for a change, internetted on my computer, internetted on my phone ...
  and absolutely pined for some beautiful Mid-Century Modern houses.  I so love the floor-to-ceiling
  glass in some of them, all that natural light and the feeling of the outdoors being right in the room.
  Which is funny, because in my real-life apartment, I keep the all blinds closed round the clock.  :tinfoil:

Really like that aesthetic too, but would never choose to live in a fishbowl.

I couldn't do it either.  Fortunately, there are MCM houses with much more privacy in their design.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8224 on: April 27, 2017, 07:49:24 PM »
It helps if they're surrounded by trees.

I like that design style, but I also like the ingeniousness of Japanese modern house design where the windows are all placed in such ways that the daylight streams in but it doesn't violate privacy in the middle of a dense city. Like having a big open courtyard with the floor to ceiling windows facing inwards, or windows so high to the ceiling that all you see through them is sky. Frosted glass or gossamer curtains can also do wonders.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8225 on: April 27, 2017, 09:04:20 PM »

I like that design style, but I also like the ingeniousness of Japanese modern house design where the windows are all placed in such ways that the daylight streams in but it doesn't violate privacy in the middle of a dense city. Like having a big open courtyard with the floor to ceiling windows facing inwards, or windows so high to the ceiling that all you see through them is sky. Frosted glass or gossamer curtains can also do wonders.

I'd rather be surrounded by dense bushes or nude men.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8226 on: April 27, 2017, 11:51:18 PM »
Woke up. Had coffee. Browsed the net.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8227 on: April 28, 2017, 05:04:18 AM »
  Got out of bed at a decent hour, to begin my working day with :coffee: and music!

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8228 on: April 28, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »
Coffee, I've done coffee.

Contemplating doing more of that.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8229 on: April 28, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »
Coffee, I've done coffee.

Contemplating doing more of that.

You should!  If a little :coffee: is good, a lot is better! :coffee: :coffee:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8230 on: April 28, 2017, 09:48:31 AM »
Worked for a while. Walked the dog.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8231 on: April 29, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »

I thought I was the only one to discover (unlikely) frosted glass.  :laugh:
Now we live where it could get very cold in winter (many degrees below freezing every year and above one hundred degrees in summer) so our house has nitrogen filled triple pane windows, so it would be very hard and expensive to replace. I have bought a few and cleverly placed frosted plexiglass plates to place over specific existing panes.
It adds another degree or so of protection from cold and hot AND adds a few degrees of privacy, We can allow light to enter without the prying eyes of the constant passersby who enjoy the sidewalk we keep clean for them.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8232 on: April 29, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »

I'd rather be surrounded by dense bushes or nude men.

Our back yard is a jungle of native shrubs (particularly placed) and vines along the fence line to help with the general noise level but also the creepy crap of feeling stalked by everyone who walks down the alley.

Understand that I have neighbors who I like and we work together to watch the entire area where we live and we share things. like plants and beer. There are just so many strangers in our neighborhood in the past few years that none of us have the same old home town feel we used to enjoy. I generally do my patrols around four in the morning with a forty five auto in my butt crack and either a machete or a baseball bat and tactical flashlight in hand.

Ever since losing my fancy assed (eight hundred dollar) lawn mower and another neighbor losing her entire (very nice) lawn table and chairs and another neighbor losing a fairly cool expensive gas grille, we  (six of us) have begun a kind of "neighborhood watch"  thing  to patrol at night. We are all deadly if challenged. One guy just does his midnight patrol with a shoulder strapped shotgun, because he does not even give a fuck who knows what he is doing.

I keep things a little more quiet though. My machete is generally on my belt and I carry my bat just casually on my shoulder. No one even suspects that I keep an eleven round forty five auto on my buttcrack.
 :thumbup:

Neighborhood watch, Baby!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8233 on: April 29, 2017, 10:32:46 PM »
OT:

I had a shift at work late and went in at noon,  'til nine thirty PM.

Kind of beat down from work and pissed a bit. I am no longer full time and yet I had to work a full time shift, FFS!

Not sure what got me through, but I did help a lot of young people employees and needy customers. Guess solace has to begin somewhere.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8234 on: April 29, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »
^Long shift.

I slept in as I got home late last night. Just took Kayleigh to the train station, she's going to meet up with some friends. I'm doing nothing today except getting my bag ready for college tomorrow.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae