Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157466 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8085 on: January 25, 2017, 09:54:29 PM »
The PR said to thank you all for your positive responses.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8086 on: January 26, 2017, 03:30:43 AM »
Successfully put on a pair of jeans that were too small for me two years ago, and went to the dentist for a checkup.
How did the checkup go?
Oh and :plus: for the jeans.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8087 on: January 26, 2017, 03:49:28 AM »
I always found those bumper things to be as much a pain in the ass as they were any use. With the exception of being able to aim for an area down the line and hit the target on the rebound, sort of like, in principle, playing snooker, which again I'm bloody useless at, probably because I spend vanishingly small amounts of times in bars to begin with and less playing snooker.

Damn alcohol taxes these days mean for the price of two shots you can buy a half bottle off the shelf, or a six pack of beer for the price of two pints or so, give or take a bit, financially speaking.

That and the damn govt sticking their arses in and shitting on landlords by banning even smoking areas.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8088 on: January 26, 2017, 06:38:47 AM »
Went to the last social skills session, going to start on anxiety next week. I have genuinely learnt stuff from this social skills course, the lady really understands and teaches me new things. She was also impressed again by how much body language skills I have. But yeh, I'm not so good with conversation. I think that's just because I think literally more than anything.

I told her it was way easier to learn body language because it's visual, whereas language uses a different part of the brain, like some people can't do maths, language was never my strong point. I was diagnosed with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder as a kid, along with a three year language delay. Then throughout school because I could read aloud and spell more advanced for my age, it was assumed I was being lazy when I couldn't understand what I was reading. It also never occured to me that writing stuff down from the blackboard was supposed to be how you took in information. I would just look and copy and take none of it in.

But yeh, I also told the lady before that I've even worked out body language gestures on my own without reading books, because I replay conversations like videos over and over again in my head, remembering all the gestures and the tone of voice, and analyze the conversations and what happened, context etc. She said it must've been great to have photographic memory, but then I corrected her saying I didn't have photographic memory, and that I was very visual and remembered visual things far, far more than language, like a film playing in my head. I remember conversations word for word for about a day or so afterwards, but then I tend to forget, unless it was an important event to me.

After I saw her, I saw my social worker, who suggested that the reason for my OCD while using the bathroom in the mornings (and arguing with nan about it) was to do with my resentment of my nan favouriting my sister. Oh dear.
:dog:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8089 on: January 26, 2017, 06:44:43 AM »
Went to the last social skills session, going to start on anxiety next week. I have genuinely learnt stuff from this social skills course, the lady really understands and teaches me new things. She was also impressed again by how much body language skills I have. But yeh, I'm not so good with conversation. I think that's just because I think literally more than anything.

I told her it was way easier to learn body language because it's visual, whereas language uses a different part of the brain, like some people can't do maths, language was never my strong point. I was diagnosed with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder as a kid, along with a three year language delay. Then throughout school because I could read aloud and spell more advanced for my age, it was assumed I was being lazy when I couldn't understand what I was reading. It also never occured to me that writing stuff down from the blackboard was supposed to be how you took in information. I would just look and copy and take none of it in.

But yeh, I also told the lady before that I've even worked out body language gestures on my own without reading books, because I replay conversations like videos over and over again in my head, remembering all the gestures and the tone of voice, and analyze the conversations and what happened, context etc. She said it must've been great to have photographic memory, but then I corrected her saying I didn't have photographic memory, and that I was very visual and remembered visual things far, far more than language, like a film playing in my head. I remember conversations word for word for about a day or so afterwards, but then I tend to forget, unless it was an important event to me.

After I saw her, I saw my social worker, who suggested that the reason for my OCD while using the bathroom in the mornings (and arguing with nan about it) was to do with my resentment of my nan favouriting my sister. Oh dear.

I'm sorry you got stuck with a social worker who seems to know fuck-all about OCD.  >:(

Your memory is really impressive.  I forget the wording of conversations almost immediately,
  likewise the gestures, unless something really memorable happens.  I also retain very few details
  of what I read, mostly the "juicy" stuff, the drama, the gore.  You're doing better than I am.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #8090 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »

I'm sorry you got stuck with a social worker who seems to know fuck-all about OCD.  >:(

Your memory is really impressive.  I forget the wording of conversations almost immediately,
  likewise the gestures, unless something really memorable happens.  I also retain very few details
  of what I read, mostly the "juicy" stuff, the drama, the gore.  You're doing better than I am.  :tard:

Awww, thanks! I think of myself as having a crap memory, as it happens. Maybe in the visual sense it is good. I don't have the stamina and attention span to read though, except stuff on forums, or topics that REALLY interest me, as I don't seem to remember much of it. I think some people are too snooty about having knowledge, though. It doesn't equal intelligence, IMO it mostly equals conformity and heirarchy in debates i.e. agreeing with someone about their interest or mass "common knowledge" (being on their side) and knowing about their interest (agreement, conformity). A person will be considered intelligent if their knowledge matches with the other person's knowledge. Otherwise they are considered stupid or less intelligent by that person.
:dog:

Offline Grey Area

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #8091 on: January 26, 2017, 10:25:34 AM »
How did the checkup go?

The X-ray found no cavities or infection. My teeth and gums are at least as healthy as they were before I started smoking, which is a pleasant turnaround.

There are no atheists when the toilet water is rising.
:GA:  :trollskull: 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8092 on: January 26, 2017, 10:39:42 AM »
Worked. Had a dentist's appointment. Worked some more.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8093 on: January 26, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »
How did the checkup go?
The X-ray found no cavities or infection. My teeth and gums are at least as healthy as they were before I started smoking, which is a pleasant turnaround.
That's the best outcome, good. :)

You too? How did it go?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8094 on: January 27, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
How did the checkup go?
That's the best outcome, good. :)

You too? How did it go?

It went well. The appointment was because I suspected I had caused a crack by constantly clenching my teeth by night, and I was right. He fixed it and said it was good that I came in before I broke the tooth completely.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8095 on: January 27, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »
Worked
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8096 on: January 28, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »
  Pretty much fuck-all, as is usual on my days off.  :nicegear:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8097 on: January 28, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »
B'fast at diner

Shop at Goodwill - major score:  about 2 dozen skeins and spools of metallic embroidery thread, 3 dozen skeins of regular embroidery thread, knitting needles and accessories, spools of sewing thread, etc. and carrying case for less than $6.

Discount grocery - black olives, coffee, salsa, kitchen utensils, etc.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8098 on: January 28, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »
Lots of short visits to the local supermarket. Celebrating a BD. Eating lots of cake.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8099 on: January 28, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
Lots of short visits to the local supermarket. Celebrating a BD. Eating lots of cake.

I'll definitely have some doughnuts in honor of the birthday girl.