Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157485 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7785 on: November 08, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
Converted 143 legal documents from one format to another.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7786 on: November 08, 2016, 03:19:34 PM »
Surfed the net. Posted thereto.

Took a dump, took 2-3 pisses, had 3-4 cigarettes, rollups, toked some on my e-cig, munched some bonfire toffee candy lollies, had meds, plus took an IV belt of some of the spare morphine sulfate crystals, or, come to think of it, it may have been dipropionylmorphine or more likely a mix of dipropionylmorphine, sulfate of morphia and a bit of caffeine from the other day's foray into making a bit of my rx morph etc. capable of being enjoyed by means of vaporization, that I I happened to have had laying around plus just barely more than a half day's worth of this week's morphine rx, which was otherwise untouched. And that includes none whatsoever of the 10mg ones, only 30s. Took a fair bit of oxy plus an extra chlormethiazole twice, as I was a little nervous avoud whatI felt maybe the 'aura' of a seizure oncoming, although I don't get auras as such, not dramatically I can just get a reasonably decent sense of when one is about to hit at tmes.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7787 on: November 08, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »
I was a little nervous avoud whatI felt maybe the 'aura' of a seizure oncoming, although I don't get auras as such, not dramatically I can just get a reasonably decent sense of when one is about to hit at tmes.
Had an acquaintance years ago who became epileptic after brain surgery as a teen. She always knew when her seizures were coming; she said she got the overwhelming sensation something important was about to happen, like receiving a message from god. Since then, always wondered what that felt like.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7788 on: November 08, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »
Avoided both voting today and working the election.

I have the option of mailing in my vote (over 65).  I took advantage of it last weekend because I didn't know if they needed me as a replacement for the election.  I wouldn't be posted to my precinct, and we aren't allowed to leave the precinct.  So, if I worked I wouldn't have been able to vote in person. 

I gladly missed 14 hours of caustic comments about the "other" candidate or both candidates. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7789 on: November 09, 2016, 12:01:54 AM »
Went to bed late and got up early. Stupid election.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7790 on: November 09, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »
Spent a sleepless night, watched too much of the election. 

Thought how I can make it through the next four years.  My decision:  Keep Calm and do whatever the hell it takes.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7791 on: November 09, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »
Didn't sleep enough, for obvious reasons, then worked for longer than I should have.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7792 on: November 09, 2016, 09:56:37 AM »
Laundy
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7793 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »
I did go to bed last night. Now have kid over for dinner. She's been awake since 6 am yesterday morning. I admire her stamina. She's still fun to have around.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7794 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
That message from god thing might well have been a temporal lobe seizure. I've had one, once. I was withdrawing from a benzodiazepine (lorazepam, aka ativan), because I did not wish to take it anymore, and it was hellish to do. The seizure wasn't the worst part but the brutal, brutal brutal anxiety. It isn't even anxiety, its reptilian-level primitive fight-or-flight utter terror. One of the worst things I have ever felt. And I've had boiling hot caustic soda solution in the eyes, as well as a combination of powder burns, flashpowder explosion and the propellant charge of something that thankfully I was well under the age of legal responsibility and the possibility of even being prosecuted did not exist, basically something halfway between a slug-firing shotgun, and an RPG. Only pistol-sized. Basically the premise of operation was to use a blank cartridge containing coarse, propellant type black powder or nitrocellulose to launch a rocket motor connected to a hollow tube with a fuse, connected to a primary HE charge, booster, then usually TNT due to the ease of synthesis and easy access to chemicals to make it, as well as its insensitivity (you need a significant shockwave delivered by a booster charge of more sensitive high explosive to make it detonate. Toss a stick of cast TNT on a fire and will simply burn well, so it allowed me to quite safely melt-cast TNT into suitable shapes for my grenade launching sawnoff shotgun-ultra-wide-bored long-barreled breech-loading pistol. Never once used it in anger, but it WAS great fun using it to knock conkers down from trees. Usually kids throw sticks, then thread the large hard nuts on strings to hold competitions whereby the owner of the hardest nut with the most other people's shattered conkers, broken by the force applied by means of, whilst the other kid holds his string at the far end from that which the conker seed is threaded onto, a stout thwack, taking turns until one or the other gives way and breaks. The usual means of gathering other than collecting them after they fall when ripe for growing, is to lob sticks hard up into the trees to try and smack them down. I took a more fun by a long way and more field-expedient means of obtaining them. Rocket propelled grenade. Bang, whump, shriek, BOOM, down they rain. Job done, big grin on face displayed by kiddo with the homebuilt handcannon. Don't do pyro these days, other than thermites to separate elements from oxides etc, for chem purposes, and those burn awful hot but do not explode as such, just chew their way through whatever the hell you put them on, leaving liquid metal and slag behind. Standard mix is aluminium dust and iron oxide. Lit with a pea-sized bit of some ultra-hot slowburning pyro comp, because you can blowtorch thermites for the most part for quite some time before getting them hot enough to burn. But once lit, you do not put them out, you WAIT them out. They supply their own oxygen, working by the principle of the more reactive metal pulling oxygen or other oxidizing agent gas out of the metal compound with the weaker bond to oxygen, or possibly the likes of chlorine. And they burn hot enough, standard bog ordinary vanillar FeO2/Fe2O3 and aluminium metal thermite can and will cut straight through steel. The result of lighting is then aluminium oxide, after its reduced the other metal oxide, iron is common as muck and is the prototypical partner for the prototypical aluminium reducing agent, and the other metal oxide or possibly halides etc. are left as molten metal, the reductant as oxide slag. If put into a cone-shaped mould with a hole at the bottom to hold the charge, and say, a bit of wax or whatever as a plug (doesn't much matter what because thermites will go through inches of steel without complaint and carry on going, if there is enough of the thermite), its used sometimes to weld sections of railway track, as well as in military applications in various forms. But I think it most useful either for high-temperature welding, or for casting solid metal parts, by having a mould under the trough containing the charge, the slag gets left behind  for the most part whilst the pieces you want are cast into firebrick or moulded solidified casting sand, in the desired shape, and the molten metal pours in, fills the design, you get your part, let it cool off, break away the mould and file away/sand away any excess bits and any metal oxide slag. You can do it with most metals provided you have something more reactive than the metal of which the oxide is being used, I've even done, before I moved to this home, a thermite with lead oxide taken from the inside of a car battery, washed clean, powdered, dried etc. and mixed very quickly with lithium metal. That burnt really really slowly, for a thermite, did it on the garden path flagstones, and lol I bet the burn marks are still there to this day because it had a go at the concrete underneath it too, as well as leaving the blob of molten lead behind.

And another cool thing about it is since it generates its own oxygen and it burns so fucking hot, it can both continue burning under water, and it burns hot enough to split water into 2H+O which then violently recombine. Spraying a CO2 fire extinguisher onto it wouldn't put it out either unless it was a really small charge that you  could physically blow the grains of powder to the four winds, or else take so much energy by cooling so fast that it could no longer continue, in theory anyway. What is very probably GOING to happen is the heat splitting apart CO2 to the component elements, starting a fire in and of itself. Would love to see it on a video or something tried, although I would not waste the fire extinguisher for the lab. Would be kinda cool to see a fire EXTINGUISHER turned into a flamethrower:D Just...just because, really. Because its meant for putting fires out, not being turned into a ficken flammenwerfer.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7795 on: November 09, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »
Bought food to the family.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7796 on: November 09, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »
Cracked the plaster on a wall while blowing insulation into it for sound deadening and the machine was set pretty low.  I bet I could have blown it off the wall if the air was turned up all the way :LOL:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7797 on: November 09, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
Drank enough wine to get comfortably numb!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7798 on: November 09, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »
Taken A LOT of drugs. Probably will be the same story for four years.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7799 on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »
Got the bins in and the washing off the line before it started raining.

I'm doing a 15km walk for charity on Sunday and I wish the weather would be like this. Cool and rainy. But nope, forecast is for 26C and sunny. Out comes the hat and sunscreen.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae