Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 156891 times)

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7650 on: September 23, 2016, 07:58:47 AM »
Went to the gym and did 45 mins cross trainer. Showered. Finished packing. Made the train just in time and now on way to London.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7651 on: September 23, 2016, 08:06:08 AM »
Crap to sort out for my daughter. Work and now wind down time. Watching Shakira Music videos.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7652 on: September 23, 2016, 08:17:59 AM »
Crap to sort out for my daughter. Work and now wind down time. Watching Shakira Music videos.

How old is your daughter? Just curious I suppose.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7653 on: September 23, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »

How old is your daughter? Just curious I suppose.

She is my baby. Sixteen.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7654 on: September 23, 2016, 09:56:48 PM »
Worked. Found new Rogue One tous, but they wouldn't sell them to me. Weren't supposed to be out on the shelves yet.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7655 on: September 24, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »
Went to the Tate Modern art museum, had pizza out then walked over Tower Bridge, past the Tower Of London at night, and passed thousands of lit up people doing the Shine marathon and half marathon night walk for Cancer Research. Very impressive sights.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7656 on: September 25, 2016, 01:23:07 AM »
^Oh! Am full of envy. Would love to go to London.

I drove Kayleigh to the train station, she is on her way to meet friends. I also went to the chemist to buy meds and have done a load of washing, all bedding stuff. Now it is time for some homework.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7657 on: September 25, 2016, 02:10:08 AM »
Going there again in a week's time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7658 on: September 25, 2016, 06:14:01 AM »

Yeah I come here every month or so. My mum lives near Abbey Road. Coming again early November and then 3 times in December as I am taking my second trip to the Warner brothers Harry Potter studio tour, then I am seeing the play at the theatre and finally my usual Xmas stay.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7659 on: September 25, 2016, 06:30:19 AM »

Yeah I come here every month or so. My mum lives near Abbey Road. Coming again early November and then 3 times in December as I am taking my second trip to the Warner brothers Harry Potter studio tour, then I am seeing the play at the theatre and finally my usual Xmas stay.

London is one of my top 3 European cities (York and Zurich).  Just batty about the history of the city itself.  Wish I could go to Harry Potter (drool.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7660 on: September 25, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »

I stay there one week out of four. Work. I love the place, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7661 on: September 27, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »
I've been back to London a few times in recent years, mostly visiting an old friend, who's been successful enough in his careeer that he can afford to live in London now  (He was born in the city where I now live, so we've done a swap, effectively) It was great to look at the latest exhibitions in the Tate Modern, and revisit one or two old haunts. But like most of we Old Londoners, I felt really alienated and sad. i mean, even more alienated that an Aspie usually does *chuckle*  Because it's the people that make a place, more than the buildings do. And it's not the same people any more.  It's not just that it's a rarity to hear the old Cockney accent. It's more that it's turned into a sort of multicutural yuppieville, which inevitably, by the force of Economics,  shunts the poorer people (whether native or immigrant) further north.

It's weird that I identify more and more with my working-class roots as I get older. As a teen,  a good proportion my friends were middle-class, but I didn't  really know the difference.   Class was meaningless to me, then, I just gravitated towards the intelligent, educated people. Now that London is crammed with the middle class, i oufght to like it better, hmm? But i don't. They're mostly obsessed with money and appearances now; and "education" means a BA in Business Studies. They are not the same people, either.

Sorry for the sour grapes. If I wasn't an old Londoner, I think London might still wow me, for the vestiges of culture that cling to it still. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:55:38 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7662 on: September 27, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »
Had a dentist's appointment. Worked, most of the time quite productively by writing code to handle cross-references but some in meetings.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #7663 on: September 28, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
What material is your bong fashioned out of? because if it isn't plastic then acetone would likely do a better job. Another really good trick is to use cheap denatured alcohol, isopropanol, methanol etc. with a bunch of table salt tossed in, then swirled around briskly, the salt doesn't dissolve and works as an abrasite to scrub off baked on resin. Even pretty recalcitrant gunk-splatters can be annihilated with salt/isopropanol. Salt and acetone is the best to use, but patch-test a small area of the piece first before exposure to the acetone. Just a splodge from a bit of loo roll will do ya'.
If its going to be a problem for sure then it will discolor, turn white, potentially cracking and becoming embrittled. Some plastics do dissolve when exposed to acetone, which is the reason for the patch testing. Wet it with 'tone, then rub a finger all around and over/on it, j ust imagine you were MLA and the object before you was not bong, but a yeasty vulva palace for worms, maggots, centipedes, dungbeetles and Candida overgrowth  so luxuriant in growth one could well take the scritchings to market and sell as cut-price loose cauliflowers.

(and when I say 'loose' I do not mean 'Loose' or 'LOOSE' or even 'LOOSE!'

I mean 'slacker than the jaw of G.W. Bush when he must be told that no, kim jong, didcator of korea and lifetime idol is not, in fact 'ill' and as such does not need to be sent a bunch of flowers with a card handwritten (by somebody else of course, what with him having to hold the envelope in one hand to get the card in, and assigning the task of motor control AND writing in the card anything more advanced than a pre-diaper-age neonate could summon up upon demand.

As slack as Courteney Love's thigh-bridging sewer.  Something one could, were wrapping paper of sufficient length and width available, parcel up gondwanaland and make sure to give the driver, of a motorized shopping trolley hacked from out found within most supermarkets,  at LEAST a liter bottle of spirits and a driver's side seat replaced with a waterbed, mounted on a trampoline full of rabies-infected rats without the least fear of eit
her collision nor infectious rats sprading nasty pathogenic microorganisms

.Welcome to the tunnel of (consanguineous) luuurrve;).

As for me, I had to phone up the dr's surgery and get the rest of the pain meds that were oweed me. I got scripted half what I was supposed to be getting, so rang them up and got them working on it in the AM. But it was almost closing time, when my actual GP rang me up and asked what I was after.

He did accidentally not count them properly the second time around too. But this time it was several days worth of morphine (both formulations) more than I should have been scripted. Oh well. I'm not going to chew them out over that miscount, if I get more than I would usually be given. Not a vast quantity more than my regular script, but enough for a couple of 'free' shots I don't have to worry about in terms of making sure I do not overuse and run out.                                           
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7664 on: September 28, 2016, 08:32:32 PM »
Boxing class, upgraded my phone finally, advertised the old one which already has buyer, shopping, laundry and psych app.