Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157593 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #7635 on: September 20, 2016, 04:19:55 PM »
Ate a bit this morning. Decided to change my plans a bit. Too wobbly for three things in one day. At work in the afternoon I sorted crates, stacked crates, sorted some more, stacked some more. Also filled the shelves with games and puzzles. At the end of my shift put more toys in the shop too.

Then a talk with and about daughter.

Tried helping daughter get her internet connection working. Failed. Not because of what we did. Somewhere in the building something is not right with the phone lines. The check daughter did before signing up to this one said it was possible where she lives.  :-\

Oh well.

When I got home I miraculously got some appetite. Had not had the urge to eat for more than a day. Had forced some cream crackers into myself earlier in the day. But that was about it.
So, made myself a nice dinner from leftover stuff in the fridge.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7636 on: September 20, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »
Ate a bit this morning. Decided to change my plans a bit. Too wobbly for three things in one day. At work in the afternoon I sorted crates, stacked crates, sorted some more, stacked some more. Also filled the shelves with games and puzzles. At the end of my shift put more toys in the shop too.

Tried helping daughter get her internet connection working. Failed. Not because of what we did. Somewhere in the building something is not right with the phone lines. The check daughter did before signing up to this one said it was possible where she lives.  :-\

Oh well.

When I got home I miraculously got some appetite. Had not had the urge to eat for more than a day. Had forced some cream crackers into myself earlier in the day. But that was about it.

So, what was the leftover stuff you made into a dinner?
I am curious now.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7637 on: September 21, 2016, 02:57:04 AM »
Went to Spotlight with Kayleigh. She bought a new doona and Adventure Time doona cover. She also got this strange lightbox that letters are put onto. She made it so it said Nerd Den Geek Out.

I bought the last winter sheets they had for $20. Bargain. Also bought a doona cover set that I don't need and two bath mats that I do.

Also bought some googly eyes that we are going to strategically stick on Liam. Will post a pic of that.

Also went grocery shopping. Not as much fun as Spotlight.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7638 on: September 21, 2016, 06:04:19 AM »

Oh well.

I am curious now.

Me too!  Especially if there might be leftovers!  :puppy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #7639 on: September 21, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »
Sat through the last day of my training course at work; finished early and had a nice meal for Mabon with the family before going to the supermarket together, picking out a bag of groceries each and dropping them off at our local food bank collection point.
Tidied up and wrestled the couch cover back on ready for Adam's social worker coming tomorrow to discuss his transition needs i.e. help with life skills and employment training now he's finished FE college. Hoping we can get him sorted out soon as he's bored shitless but not ready for work yet.  :GA:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7640 on: September 21, 2016, 07:00:21 PM »
@Lush concert in DC! :headbang2:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7641 on: September 21, 2016, 08:49:17 PM »
Started packing for a visit to my mum in London and did an hour boxing fitness class.
Other than that, usual boring stuff... watched Cops, went onto Second Life, had a meltdown over change in routine with the visit.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7642 on: September 21, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »
Went and paid off my account at a lumber yard then off to a friends house to install a new well pump.
13 hours later after 3 trips to Lowes and one to Home Depot he still doesn't have water the pump ran about a second then nothing and it didn't trip the breaker, not sure if it is a voltage problem or something in the pump but I was ready to take an axe to it and thought it was best to look at it in the morning
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7643 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »
  Worked hard and got a lot done in the kitchen, I was on my game today! :pirate:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7644 on: September 22, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »

Oh well.

I am curious now.

Fried some vegetarian stuff with mushrooms, lentils, capers, spinach and tomato. Served it with a bit of bread.

The veggie stuff was remarkably good. It did not pretend to be meat, nor did it taste like the generic vegetarian "meat replacements". Somehow they use the same spice mixture for all it seems.

So glad I took the "risk" and bought some vegetarian stuff for a change again.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7645 on: September 22, 2016, 01:23:12 PM »
phone calls, interacting with people.  Yep, I'm an Aspie.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7646 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »
Went and paid off my account at a lumber yard then off to a friends house to install a new well pump.
13 hours later after 3 trips to Lowes and one to Home Depot he still doesn't have water the pump ran about a second then nothing and it didn't trip the breaker, not sure if it is a voltage problem or something in the pump but I was ready to take an axe to it and thought it was best to look at it in the morning

Did you check the tank pressure? SO kept blaming the pump and it was something with the pressure tank. Gotta have the right pressure coming from the tank.

Can't remember what, because I wasn't there...maybe he will actually remember if I ask him tomorrow.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7647 on: September 22, 2016, 05:04:04 PM »

Did you check the tank pressure? SO kept blaming the pump and it was something with the pressure tank. Gotta have the right pressure coming from the tank.

Can't remember what, because I wasn't there...maybe he will actually remember if I ask him tomorrow.  :zombiefuck:

It was a bad ground wire all fixed now :)   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7648 on: September 22, 2016, 05:11:28 PM »
  I've done exactly one (1) productive thing today.  It involved making a phone call.  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #7649 on: September 22, 2016, 10:11:47 PM »

Oh well.

I am curious now.

Fried some vegetarian stuff with mushrooms, lentils, capers, spinach and tomato. Served it with a bit of bread.

The veggie stuff was remarkably good. It did not pretend to be meat, nor did it taste like the generic vegetarian "meat replacements". Somehow they use the same spice mixture for all it seems.

So glad I took the "risk" and bought some vegetarian stuff for a change again.

Right up my alley then. Although I am no longer a vegetarian I still love vegetarian food such as lentils and beans and I still eat more vegetables than anything else. Will learn to cook one of these days, beyond the basics.