Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157545 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6975 on: March 12, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »
Signed up for GAIA online forums at the urging of my daughter............still not sure what I got myself into!    :laugh:
Who is Online? - 17866 users. (7948 visible, 1816 hidden, 8102 guests). How does one get a sense for who anyone is, in a group that size?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #6976 on: March 12, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »
Signed up for GAIA online forums at the urging of my daughter............still not sure what I got myself into!    :laugh:
Who is Online? - 17866 users. (7948 visible, 1816 hidden, 8102 guests). How does one get a sense for who anyone is, in a group that size?

Good question!   Amber warned me of the size and complexity of the group!  It looks even worse than DeviantArt.   Oh well, I'm only there for the shortest of times.  If it doesn't work out, it will go the way of my acct. at WP.    :trollskull:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6977 on: March 13, 2016, 04:15:16 AM »
What kind of board is it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6978 on: March 13, 2016, 06:19:57 AM »
Went and paid off my account at a supply house
Cleaned up a tool box and filled it with the basics for my son who just moved out
This is such a smart and kind thing you did.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6979 on: March 13, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »
What kind of board is it?

Hard to say, but, after speaking to Amber and seeing what's on it.....I'd say it's a gamer board with dicussion forums, shops, games, art, etc.  I'm having a hard time accessing the forums and maybe there is some magical incantation that will allow me entry.  Amber is on it a lot and talks about it a lot.  So curiosity is driving me to check it out.  I'll let you know what I find out, but, it's low on my priority list, so don't wait for me to explain.   :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6980 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
She said, it's also a huge place.  I tried all sorts of user names before I finally found one that it would accept.  ozymandias was taken, as were about ten others that I tried.  I was finally allowed to use "Thongor", a character from a Lin Carter S&S fantasy story, sort of a Conan clone, if you will.  I couldn't even use rock hound...go figure... :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6981 on: March 13, 2016, 12:54:41 PM »
Made omelettes for WolFish and myself, started cleaning the kitchen.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6982 on: March 13, 2016, 02:52:04 PM »
Started checking the herbs that were left out for the winter.....the Chives are sprouting, nothing from the Sage and Thyme, yet.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6983 on: March 13, 2016, 05:30:48 PM »
WolFish bought me some chives and put the pot by the kitchen table, where it grew a little and then started wilting and dying. We were keeping it watered. Do they need a lot of sunlight?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6984 on: March 13, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
WolFish bought me some chives and put the pot by the kitchen table, where it grew a little and then started wilting and dying. We were keeping it watered. Do they need a lot of sunlight?

Usually they are pretty hardy, and I had mine out all winter in the backyard.  They are a perennial and should come back every year.  Did you give them some fertilizer?  Quite frankly I was shocked to see them sprouting in early March.  But, we have had pretty warm weather in the Seacoast NH region.  Maybe they were over watered, which can happen, I usually water them every third day during the growing season and only a little bit at that.  And to finally answer your question, the recommendations is for as full sunlight as possible.  While outside, and the leaves off the trees they did get a fair amount of sunshine in the backyard.  I'd suggest letting them be for a little bit and see if they send out new shoots.  Maybe even, stick them outside and see if they come back in a couple of months when the growing season starts in Quebec.  Hope that helps!

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6985 on: March 14, 2016, 05:33:23 AM »
Got my car windows tinted. The tint and the installation itself was good but the customer experience as a whole was rather dodgy. My car was lucky to come out unscathed!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6986 on: March 14, 2016, 06:51:33 AM »
Went to the surgeon for the 2 week post op exam.  All looks good, I can resume Yoga within a week and all normal activity in 2 weeks.   8)

That's excellent.  Enjoy returning to your center of zen.  :meditate: 8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6987 on: March 14, 2016, 06:52:38 AM »
Went to a doctors appointment and got my Rx refills

That's what I have to do as well.  Plus the laundry, always the fucking laundry!  :GA:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6988 on: March 14, 2016, 07:18:33 AM »
Went to the surgeon for the 2 week post op exam.  All looks good, I can resume Yoga within a week and all normal activity in 2 weeks.   8)

That's excellent.  Enjoy returning to your center of zen.  :meditate: 8)

:meditate:  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM   :meditate:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6989 on: March 14, 2016, 10:54:06 AM »

What kind of substrate was it growing in? Sometimes there seems to be no soil at all in a pot with a herb plant. Bought chives like that a while ago. Next time I bought them, I decided to put them into proper soil. The transition was too much for them.
After that, I had a pot with an organic plant. That one lasted a lot longer. Part of it is still alive in my garden.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!