Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157583 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #6435 on: October 23, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »
Finished day 2 of the Conference. Brain is officially full and I'm exhausted.

What conference did you go to?
Almost all her posts for the last two days have been about the conference. Pay attention.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6436 on: October 23, 2015, 06:17:02 PM »
Worked on a renovation
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6437 on: October 24, 2015, 01:49:32 AM »
Finished day 2 of the Conference. Brain is officially full and I'm exhausted.

What conference did you go to?
Almost all her posts for the last two days have been about the conference. Pay attention.
DUH, I wanted details. And I got them. :smarty:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6438 on: October 24, 2015, 03:38:04 AM »
I discovered an email in my drafts folder that I thought I had sent, so I finished it and sent it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6439 on: October 24, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »
Went climbing.  :green: Felt good to be back. I lost some conditioning in the past few weeks, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6440 on: October 26, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
Worked in an attic most of the day laying either on my back or side down in the eves

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6441 on: October 27, 2015, 12:57:08 AM »
I slept for an hour longer than planned. It felt great but I'm still tired.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6442 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »
Worked with people who didn't know what they are doing, and didn't want to listen to me about what to do even though the owner of the other company brought me in to show them and get the project back on track.  It was so bad at times I had to walk away to keep from laughing

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6443 on: October 27, 2015, 09:13:05 PM »
Worked with people who didn't know what they are doing, and didn't want to listen to me about what to do even though the owner of the other company brought me in to show them and get the project back on track.  It was so bad at times I had to walk away to keep from laughing
That seems odd; figure they would be on edge and attentive. When the big boss starts bringing in outsiders to fix a mess, workers should definitely be on edge and attentive.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6444 on: October 28, 2015, 01:23:53 AM »
That seems odd; figure they would be on edge and attentive. When the big boss starts bringing in outsiders to fix a mess, workers should definitely be on edge and attentive.

I've seen this sort of thing firsthand. People are sometimes surprisingly stupid.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6445 on: October 28, 2015, 01:35:24 AM »

I've seen this sort of thing firsthand. People are sometimes surprisingly stupid.

Yup.

It gets even weirder, when, due to some obligatory contract construction, the sloppy workers have to be hired first time and time again, and they make the same mistakes time and time again.
Gives the eventually capable hired person a job that costs way more time than it would have been from the beginning, fixing all mistakes too.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6446 on: October 28, 2015, 04:14:21 AM »
Do you find it hard at all, to tell people what to do Parts? I can imagine it would be hard to deal with such ridiculously inept workers.

Today I went to uni to see my supervisor for the final time. Then I went to see Student Services to see if I could still graduate with a point short. Apparently I can.
Went and got a voucher from JB-HiFi for my friend whose birthday it is tomorrow. Also bought myself a Fallout Boy CD.
Bought a few snacks and things for boardgame night on Saturday.
Went home and swept the floors which I hate doing almost as much as doing dishes.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6447 on: October 28, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
I saved a tiny kittten from sure death.

I went out to hug my daughter before the bus came, I had yelled at her to be on time. She ran three minutes late getting out the door/ I was livid, but I needed to make her know that everything will work itself out. I failed. The bus had gone. She barely made it.

While standing there, enjoying the sky, through too many clouds to count an hour before dawn, I heard something on the ground a few houses down. I thought it was a bird, but as I approached, I realized I was hearing the desperate cry of a mammalian infant. Fully prepared to stomp an infantile raccoon or opossum to death (these are pests in our neighborhood - I have shot five of them this year alone) it turned out to be a tiny kitten.

She barely has her eyes open, just yet and is definitely hungry.  fed her with a rag that I could drip milk into. I have no way on hand to feed an unweened kitten, but I got her to sleep with a full belly of people food. My wife will mot only be pissed that I brought another animal into the house, but I used the last of her Half And Half that shwe puts in her coffee. I am treading rough waters, here, but I could not allow the tiny (fits in my palm) abandoned kitten to just wander into the street and be run over by a car.

Right now she safe and sleeping next to me.

Now, my older cat is pissed at me and shows me so.

Anyway, not sure where this will end up, especially after my wife discovers that I fed this tiny angel the last of her coffee creamer, but we now have a new baby in the house.

:GA:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:44:36 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6448 on: October 28, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
I saved a tiny kittten from sure death.

I went out to hug my daughter before the bus came, I had yelled at her to be on time. She ran three minutes late getting out the door/ I was livid, but I needed to make her know that everything will work itself out. I failed. The bus had gone. She barely made it.

While standing there, enjoying the sky, through too many clouds to count an hour before dawn, I heard something on the ground a few houses down. I thought it was a bird, but as I approached, I realized I was hearing the desperate cry of a mammalian infant. Fully prepared to stomp an infantile raccoon or opossum to death (these are pests in our neighborhood - I have shot five of them this year alone) it turned out to be a tiny kitten.

She barely has her eyes open, just yet and is definitely hungry.  fed her with a rag that I could drip milk into. I have no way on hand to feed an unweened kitten, but I got her to sleep with a full belly of people food. My wife will mot only be pissed that I brought another animal into the house, but I used the last of her Half And Half that shwe puts in her coffee. I am treading rough waters, here, but I could not allow the tiny (fits in my palm) abandoned kitten to just wander into the street and be run over by a car.

Right now she safe and sleeping next to me.

Now, my older cat is pissed at me and shows me so.

Anyway, not sure where this will end up, especially after my wife discovers that I fed this tiny angel the last of her coffee creamer, but we now have a new baby in the house.

:GA:

You now have to name the kitten both after your wife and the creamer.  :M

Great that you heard the little critter. Hope it will make it into a fine cat. Those wee ones are vulnerable though. They wither away so easy. Awesome that you try.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6449 on: October 28, 2015, 11:26:20 AM »
I am trying to play with her, but she is too small and young. All she wants is to do is be warm and snuggle with me and PURRRRRRRR.

I am already falling into a deepening state of love with her and I have only known her for six and one half hours.

:CanofWorms:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.