Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157324 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #5550 on: November 30, 2014, 10:01:20 PM »
Took car to get alignment. Waited way too long in line. Got screwed over by mechanic. Did Christmas shopping. Got told to bring someone else next time I get car serviced. Don't have spare energy to fight that particular battle right now.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5551 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »
Helped the neighbor with cleaning, moving things around. Tomorrow I will help another former neighbor with Christmas decorations.

Then I will crawl home and hopefully sleep. Tired as hell this week, but putting on a good show at pretending I'm not...glad I got my decorations up early. :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5552 on: November 30, 2014, 11:56:43 PM »
Got up, showered, had a cup of coffee and logged on here. Now getting ready to go to work. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5553 on: December 01, 2014, 04:12:30 AM »
Helped the neighbor with cleaning, moving things around. Tomorrow I will help another former neighbor with Christmas decorations.

Then I will crawl home and hopefully sleep. Tired as hell this week, but putting on a good show at pretending I'm not...glad I got my decorations up early. :thumbup:

It's only Monday, and already I fail at pretending.

Thank goodness X-mass stuff will not start till after this weekend.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5554 on: December 01, 2014, 06:58:05 AM »
Took car to get alignment. Waited way too long in line. Got screwed over by mechanic. Did Christmas shopping. Got told to bring someone else next time I get car serviced. Don't have spare energy to fight that particular battle right now.
Yup.  No gender inequality there.  :P

Any chance of changing mechanics?  I've had some fuck me over, but every so often a decent one can be found.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5555 on: December 01, 2014, 07:32:02 AM »
I've opened the lid of the cookie jar too often, and had too much chocolate too.
I already had uncooperative bowels. Stupiditysquared.
 :hahaha:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5556 on: December 01, 2014, 08:07:23 AM »
Yup.  No gender inequality there.  :P

Any chance of changing mechanics?  I've had some fuck me over, but every so often a decent one can be found.

Yeah, don't know a good one in this area but could pick one randomly and just go.

Basically I have to do my homework of figuring out how often to do various routine maintenance tasks, but haven't faced up to just googling it all.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Hannah

« Reply #5557 on: December 01, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »
In random order...Gone to the bank to deposit funds that I'm saving for that PC I was talking about building...Budgeted things I've deposited and spent with this really neat budgeting tool on the web called Budget Tracker...Paid rent to mom and dad (gave them extra because mom is out of work due to her foot surgery) Made meal plans for the month of December with my life/job coach really did a lot of productive stuff today... :chores:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5558 on: December 01, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
Went and looked at an addition I will be working on in a couple of weeks and picked up blue prints for another
Picked up some more supplies at Home Depot
Finished setting up a lathe I have been trying to get to work since Friday
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5559 on: December 02, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »
Tried to wake a girl, and failed.
Pretended to have some breakfast.
Fed cats.
Told cat he had had more than enough.
Talked to brother on phone, him informing me what time a package will arrive.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5560 on: December 02, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »
Went and picked up materials I need for work tomorrow
Measured a new house I am bidding work on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5561 on: December 02, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

Fucking sounds like a nightmare.

I say, next time, take a baseball bat with you. Hold it on your shoulder as you deal with these assholes. Use it to point where your car needs work.
 8)

My wife has the same problem. She is five foot two and is fifty one years old. (I am fifty nine now. YUP, It may not seem so different at our ages, but I DID rob the cradle a bit a few years ago. we were married in my forties) NO ONE takes her seriously. but maybe me.
I trust that you already know I am kind of smartlike. EVERYONE should take this woman seriously, by GOD!
I missed the one time she tried this, as her mother (who was an inch more short) had suggested twenty years before.

Obviously, if I am there no one from the shop will talk to my wife or any woman that shows up. They only talk to the man in a car shop. Most of these fuckers have no idea that some women are just as Savvy about cars as their hubbies.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:29:47 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5562 on: December 02, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »

Too damn cold to do much outside.
I spent a few hours at work and then sat on my ass watching movies.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5563 on: December 03, 2014, 08:03:13 AM »

Fucking sounds like a nightmare.

I say, next time, take a baseball bat with you. Hold it on your shoulder as you deal with these assholes. Use it to point where your car needs work.
 8)

:LOL:

It was a Sears. I won't be going back there. When I got there, with an appointment, there were three people in line ahead of me. It took a full hour before I was at the head of the line, and never mind any appointment time. The guy just didn't give two fucks. Then they did twenty minutes of work and I'm not even sure they actually did anything (was supposed to be an alignment) or just stood around and signed the form.

My wife has the same problem. She is five foot two and is fifty one years old. (I am fifty nine now. YUP, It may not seem so different at our ages, but I DID rob the cradle a bit a few years ago. we were married in my forties) NO ONE takes her seriously. but maybe me.
I trust that you already know I am kind of smartlike. EVERYONE should take this woman seriously, by GOD!
I missed the one time she tried this, as her mother (who was an inch more short) had suggested twenty years before.

Obviously, if I am there no one from the shop will talk to my wife or any woman that shows up. They only talk to the man in a car shop. Most of these fuckers have no idea that some women are just as Savvy about cars as their hubbies.

I'm not, though. That's my problem. I do just fine at work talking tech with the guys, but that's software. I took the car in because I wanted to be responsible about it and I got a letter in the mail saying it might be time for an alignment. I've had it for a year and not had one done. But I don't know how regularly one gets various things done. These reminders always say things like "free fluid check with service" but I don't know whether that means they actually change the oil free. I doubt it, seeing those guys in action.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5564 on: December 03, 2014, 06:23:12 PM »
Made 4 necessary phone calls
Picked up med for the PR
Straightened out Power of Attorney problem with health insurance company
Went to the credit union and changed password
Went to Goodwill and bought 2 tops for the PR
Lunch at Waffle House
Returned something to Harbor Freight
Picked up lunch for the PR
Back to apartment
Waited for phone call that didn't come
Picked up mail
Took the PR to Walmart
Waited an hour to pick up something from ship to store
Back to apartment
Go to g'friend's house to use computer and pay bills.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: