Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157558 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #5505 on: November 11, 2014, 02:49:54 AM »
I got two kids in school today. Sent some emails. Made myself coffee.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5506 on: November 13, 2014, 02:45:13 AM »
Not a lot, yet. I'm staying at home and will not do a lot today, apart from a doctor's appointment.

SUX to be you!

ON another note, I have an appointment with my doctor next Thursday to see if this newish medication that has made me nauseous for three months is working or if he needs to UP the dosage or not.

Long story - short version: he is trying to help my rapidly aging body grow more bone, with this med, around a massive injury he created. All of us hoping that I can more fully accept his invasively placed prosthesis and eventually live out all the promises he made to me before I agreed to surgery.
 :-\

Know wut?  SUX to be me, too.

:'(

SUX to be us.

It's fun to age, isn't it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5507 on: November 13, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
Got my mind fucked badly.

Got worn out.

Now I feel old, really old. Too many aches and too many stiff muscles.  :P
Time for some rejuvenating sleep.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5508 on: November 13, 2014, 05:44:32 PM »
worked then went to doctors appointment

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5509 on: November 13, 2014, 08:22:29 PM »
Slept in, because I was feeling kind of off and it was deliciously warm under the covers Now I should do something productive to make up for it.
Kind of wish I had seen this a week ago.

I might have had a couple of inappropriate suggestions.
 :eyebrows:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5510 on: November 13, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »
Not a lot, yet. I'm staying at home and will not do a lot today, apart from a doctor's appointment.

SUX to be you!

ON another note, I have an appointment with my doctor next Thursday to see if this newish medication that has made me nauseous for three months is working or if he needs to UP the dosage or not.

Long story - short version: he is trying to help my rapidly aging body grow more bone, with this med, around a massive injury he created. All of us hoping that I can more fully accept his invasively placed prosthesis and eventually live out all the promises he made to me before I agreed to surgery.

Doctor's visit came out fine.

He did not change my blood pressure meds, nor did he do more than question the meds my other doctor has me taking (my other doctor is the surgeon who replaced my hip joint).

All seems OK. (except for the fact that my recovery from surgery is taking too long, but that is another story.)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:07:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5511 on: November 13, 2014, 09:13:39 PM »

SUX to be you!

SUX to be us.

As opposed to an alternative, for instance?   Not sure I am up for those.

I turned fifty nine last month and I am NOT done in yet.  I plan to continue demonstrating this to all my detractors.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5512 on: November 13, 2014, 11:34:56 PM »
Well, I argued with my wife.

We only rarely find anything to argue about, but today, we did.

My son wants his own gun for Christmas. I had not told her how adamant he is to own his own gun.

Honestly, by federal/United States Of America law, he is too young.
I would have to use my own perfectly pristine record to buy it for him. It would still be my own gun, but  ...

... And he has asked me many times for his own gun,

Mom says, "NO!." No more discussion. Issue is closed.

However, when I talk to my son privately, HE REALLY WANTS HIS OWN GUN!!!!
Now understand, I have about sixty guns in my safe to quench his thirst, but none of those are his.

He wants his own and I did too at his age. Problem is that he IS too young to own a weapon of any sort.

I  tend to take his mom's side, but how do I do so while taking him out every week to shoot, then complementing him on his progress?

Any one have a clue about this shit?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:41:08 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5513 on: November 14, 2014, 12:31:31 AM »

Got worn out.

What happened?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5514 on: November 14, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »

SUX to be you!

SUX to be us.

As opposed to an alternative, for instance?   Not sure I am up for those.

I turned fifty nine last month and I am NOT done in yet.  I plan to continue demonstrating this to all my detractors.

I don't mind my age, I mind that my body seems to take it seriously.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5515 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »

My son wants his own gun for Christmas. I had not told her how adamant he is to own his own gun.

I would have to use my own perfectly pristine record to buy it for him. It would still be my own gun, but  ...

Now understand, I have about sixty guns in my safe to quench his thirst, but none of those are his.

He wants his own and I did too at his age. Problem is that he IS too young to own a weapon of any sort.

I  tend to take his mom's side, but how do I do so while taking him out every week to shoot, then complementing him on his progress?

I think you're doing the right thing. He's got plenty of time to get one.

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5516 on: November 14, 2014, 05:37:02 AM »
shaved, showered, working on my first pot of coffee

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5517 on: November 14, 2014, 06:19:14 AM »

Got worn out.

What happened?

Sometimes mind of youngest fucks up.
She hates changes she does not make herself. And she needs thorough preparing before something out of the routine happens. So, from Tuesday on I had been preparing her. Thursday in the morning, prepared her in detail, with "what if minor things change" options too. Referred to it at least every hour. But, when the moment was there, she completely flipped, melted down, and said she did not realise this was about to happen. Having a massive mindfuck in her head. She really did not know. Very weird. Meltdown was big enough for oldest to flee the house for a while. And youngest was that worn out after, that all the preparation was in vain. She did not go.

Somehow that fucked my mind completely. I can not understand how she did not know. And I had been preparing her all the time. Felt like a smack in the face, big enough to have an effect on all my muscles. So, then oldest and I had a change of plans, without notice, without preparation, but starting with massive meltdown of youngest.

Little girl is an enigma. Shrink thinks to too. Now and then it wears us out completely.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5518 on: November 14, 2014, 06:32:23 AM »
Went to work, watched and listened for all the bikies that were in town (about 500 of them, for a funeral of a gang member). Went to Bunnings and then got some groceries before heading home.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5519 on: November 14, 2014, 09:20:17 AM »

I think you're doing the right thing. He's got plenty of time to get one.

Thank you. I was almost waffling ( like a fucking pinball) between my son's wishes and my wife's wishes, but leaning more toward the actual law.

Today, when he is home from school, I will ask him to choose another major Christmas gift.