Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 156255 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #8610 on: August 26, 2017, 01:55:15 AM »
Checking to make sure she is well cared for is one thing, but there are limits, and times/things that are inappropriate.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8611 on: August 26, 2017, 02:43:08 AM »
Not a lot yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8612 on: August 26, 2017, 03:05:28 AM »
Kept kid company from 3 till 6. Then stuffed her full with painkillers again and tucked her in with a hot water bottle. Opened curtains at six, fed cats and went back to bed. Woke, lazily spent time on I2.

Now need to get up. Battery of phone needs charging. Maybe I should give myself something to drink.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #8613 on: August 26, 2017, 05:37:08 AM »
Had an unannounced visit from our Support Coordinator this morning.  I was taking a bath when she came.  I sort of had my butt chewed out in an earlier phone conversation about some of The PR's behaviours and my lack of appropriate response.  Also she was doing a surprise "How clean is the house" check.  It was not a happy morning.
That's not cool at all. There's no reason they need to be surprising you in your space like that.

It's their duty.

Are you sure?
Not absolutely, but Queen Victoria said something recently which makes me believe it true, yes.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8614 on: August 26, 2017, 07:06:20 AM »
There are different types of support. Interfering care ( no idea how they call that in English, "bemoeizorg" in Dutch) can mean people pop up just like that. It should not only be inspection, but also to offer practical help. And it should be made clear beforehand that that can/will happen.

"Bemoeizorg" makes sense when life is so overwhelming that it is needed. In the Netherlands often is a temporary thing. Not always.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8615 on: August 26, 2017, 09:54:22 AM »
I'm just peeved about the "interference."

A)  I am a recovering compulsive hoarder.  I threw away 2 large dumpsters of crap after the fire.  The last dumpster was filled with stuff that was thrown out because it was too damaged to be used.  I thougt I had changed my ways, but the hoard was creeping back in.

B)  I realize I have clutter blindness.  Most of the time I don't recognize that stuff is accumulating where I dropped it.

C)  I tend to be lazy, so housekeeping is not the top thing on my to do list.

D)  The PR started the fire by burning some posters in her bedroom.  Either because she was mad at the celebrity or she was tring to commit suicide.  We heard both sides from her.

E)  Sometime before the fire she had started cutting.  The cutting continued off and on.

F)  She took pills 3 times.  I took her to the emergency room each time.  The third time she was admitted for observation and her behaviour there resulted in her being hospitalized for 2 weeks. 

G) She was going to therapy 3 times a week, but is down to 1 day.

H) Because of my lack of housekeeping capabilities I was reported to Adult Protective Services.  As humiliating as that is, I do understand and support the need to have me monitored so that we can have a cleaner house and The PR can learn the skills she needs.

I) She started going to Magnolia Community Services three days a week at the end of July.  She loves it there for the most part.  But she has had some bumps.  Last week she was very rude to a staff member and later that day slammed her hand on a table.  She was written up for these acts.  I understand and support that.

I) Last Saturday she cut herself twice, once with a knife and once with a disposable razor.

J) I got my quarterly call from the Support Coordinator and told her about the cutting.  She didn't feel my theory of "benign neglect" (my phrase) is appropriate.  And I sort of agree with her.

K) Yes, I'm angry, embarrassed, and some other emotions, but I do realize that this is being done for both of us and is what is needed.  Just like you may not like the taste of some medicine, if the medicine works then you take it.

P.S.  The PR has asked me to say HI to all of you.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8616 on: August 26, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
Hi to you too PR.

And QV, life has been very demanding for you, the past few years. You being overwhelmed by it and losing control over a thing like hoarding makes sense after the ongoing sequence of massive life events. Time after time foundations/certainties under your life were falling away.

Your courage, your sense of humour after all you went through in a life that was not easy to begin with, and your guts to take this "medicine" are things that you need credit for.

You're a very courageous woman. Not flawless, but there is no need to be that. You are awesome though. I do admire you.

And getting peeved at said medicine, as long as it does not consume you, there's nothing wrong with that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8617 on: August 27, 2017, 11:26:49 AM »
* odeon waves to the PR

And I can only second what Hyke said.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8618 on: August 27, 2017, 05:23:56 PM »
Hiya PR! *waves*  :)

Look after your Mum for us, will you?

And, QV...yeah , Hyke said it all. Nothing to add to that. 

Hyke is evidently also awsome.  She keeps speaking all our minds like that before we (or maybe I ought to say I here?) can even begin to phrase it.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8619 on: August 27, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »
The PR says thanks for all the "Hi's". 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8620 on: August 28, 2017, 12:43:01 AM »
And Her Majesty feels awkward because of the rest of said things? :P

:hug:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8621 on: August 28, 2017, 02:54:14 AM »
Haven't done much yet.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8622 on: August 29, 2017, 05:43:05 AM »
Hi PR!!

:hug: QV

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #8623 on: August 31, 2017, 07:12:39 AM »
Made a lentil soup (yeah, again/love it) and started making a beef stew with lots of onion in it. Hachee, we call it.. but it's not typically Dutch. Hungarian?

The latter is ready in about half an hour and will be enough for me to profide for three suppers, I think.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8624 on: August 31, 2017, 07:28:33 AM »
Hi to you too PR.

And QV, life has been very demanding for you, the past few years. You being overwhelmed by it and losing control over a thing like hoarding makes sense after the ongoing sequence of massive life events. Time after time foundations/certainties under your life were falling away.

Your courage, your sense of humour after all you went through in a life that was not easy to begin with, and your guts to take this "medicine" are things that you need credit for.

You're a very courageous woman. Not flawless, but there is no need to be that. You are awesome though. I do admire you.

And getting peeved at said medicine, as long as it does not consume you, there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm dealing with my own relapses into hoarding behavior, and I sympathize/empathize with our Queen's
   discomfort at the interference.  It sucks to fall short in managing one's life.  I fall short myself,
   in many areas, not enough that I've had outside agencies come after me, but I need to get my shit together.
   Sometimes we all just need to accept some help from outsiders who can see our problems more objectively.
   Long live our Queen and the PR!  The Empire will be restored, one small step at a time. :hug:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"