Educational

Author Topic: 15 companies that serve you 'wood'  (Read 747 times)

P7PSP

Re: 15 companies that serve you 'wood'
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:18 PM »
Fructose is a normal part of diet and easily digestible. Cellulose is good if you are a termite and not bad if you happen to ingest a bit while camping.

I knew having a zoophilic ancestor would pay off.  :zoinks:

Seriously though , fructose is fruit sugar isn't it?....or am I getting it confused with something else?  :tard:

Yes it is. If you eat oranges, bananas, honey etc you are eating fructose.  :thumbup: to your zoophilic ancestor.  :plus:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »
Fructose is a normal part of diet and easily digestible. Cellulose is good if you are a termite and not bad if you happen to ingest a bit while camping.

I knew having a zoophilic ancestor would pay off.  :zoinks:

Seriously though , fructose is fruit sugar isn't it?....or am I getting it confused with something else?  :tard:

Yes, fructose accounts for half or more of the total sugar content of most fruit, either as free fructose monosaccharide molecules or bound to glucose in a sucrose disaccharide molecule, which is enzymatically cleaved into a glucose and a fructose monosaccharide molecule during digestion.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
Sounds dangerous  :M

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

Excuse me while I ingest 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione dissolved in dihydrogen monoxide.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »

Excuse me while I ingest 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione dissolved in dihydrogen monoxide.

Gives me heart palpitations  :spaz:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 05:32:51 PM »
Just so happens, I don't really eat anything listed on there.

But really, there are way bigger issues in the food industry than indigestible wood pulp IMO.

Like... fructose?
Fructose is a normal part of diet and easily digestible. Cellulose is good if you are a termite and not bad if you happen to ingest a bit while camping. Listing a net weight for food products that have had non food (for humans anyway) fluffers added is inherently deceitful IMO.

Yes, while Cellulose should never be put in food products, neither should High Fructose Corn Syrup.

You see, Fructose has similar long-term effects to the human body that Ethanol has. Glucose can be metabolized by all cells, but Fructose, just like Ethanol, is metabolized exclusively by the liver. Think about that for a minute.
My liver works fine so I don't consider that to be a problem. I will continue eating fruit. I used to put hard drugs in my body and that didn't kill me so I doubt that eating fruit or drinking coffee will.

The issue is not that fruits and veggies has Fructose. Really, it's that the rate of Fructose consumed has risen in the last 30 years. Which is only part of the problem.

But it's time to cut the crap. The fact is, all carbohydrates are bad and we're eating more of them than we used to 30 years ago, while eating the same amount of fat. Try watching this at your earliest convenience, get educated.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:34:47 PM by Stultus Saxum »

P7PSP

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »
It is up to individuals to make sound decisions, or not, about their own health. It is nice to know what is in food but there will always be people who choose to live on a diet of fried chicken and Ho Ho's, smoke cigarettes and drink beer every night. Those people are not likely to listen to The Center For Science In The Public Interest with their "Heart Attack On A Plate!" sensationalist press releases anyway. Coke and Pepsico exist to make money and as long as people choose to drink soda everyday they will continue to sell it to them.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

But really, there are way bigger issues in the food industry than indigestible wood pulp IMO.

Like... fructose?
Fructose is a normal part of diet and easily digestible. Cellulose is good if you are a termite and not bad if you happen to ingest a bit while camping. Listing a net weight for food products that have had non food (for humans anyway) fluffers added is inherently deceitful IMO.

Yes, while Cellulose should never be put in food products, neither should High Fructose Corn Syrup.

You see, Fructose has similar long-term effects to the human body that Ethanol has. Glucose can be metabolized by all cells, but Fructose, just like Ethanol, is metabolized exclusively by the liver. Think about that for a minute.
My liver works fine so I don't consider that to be a problem. I will continue eating fruit. I used to put hard drugs in my body and that didn't kill me so I doubt that eating fruit or drinking coffee will.

The issue is not that fruits and veggies has Fructose. Really, it's that the rate of Fructose consumed has risen in the last 30 years. Which is only part of the problem.

But it's time to cut the crap. The fact is, all carbohydrates are bad and we're eating more of them than we used to 30 years ago, while eating the same amount of fat. Try watching this at your earliest convenience, get educated.

No point preaching about it if you continue being a fat fuck.

Scrapheap

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »
Pot brownies have lots of cellulose.  :dunno:

:mushie:

:headbang2:

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:16 PM »

Like... fructose?

Go away or I'm gonna eat you. :orly:

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 06:04:17 PM »
It is up to individuals to make sound decisions, or not, about their own health. It is nice to know what is in food but there will always be people who choose to live on a diet of fried chicken and Ho Ho's, smoke cigarettes and drink beer every night. Those people are not likely to listen to The Center For Science In The Public Interest with their "Heart Attack On A Plate!" sensationalist press releases anyway. Coke and Pepsico exist to make money and as long as people choose to drink soda everyday they will continue to sell it to them.

Well, yes. But I don't approve of making everyone else suffer because there are some idiots (if not to make more money). Like trying to make unhealthy food healthier by decreasing the fat (and ending up putting in more carbs anyways).

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 06:05:24 PM »

Like... fructose?

:evilplus:  This post made me happy!   :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »

Like... fructose?

:evilplus:  This post made me happy!   :rofl:

Same here  :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:22 PM »
Heard this morning that McDonald's in Australia has had the right to display the Heart Foundation's tick of approval taken away. Turns out they were paying a lot of money per year to display it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae