Author Topic: Steve Jobs  (Read 3715 times)

eris

Re: Steve Jobs
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
and did you accomplish half of the shit any of the people here were mentioned did ? or did you get fired for being weird ?

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
and did you accomplish half of the shit any of the people here were mentioned did ? or did you get fired for being weird ?

I know what you're trying to get to here. That I'm not "qualified" to say anything about Steve Jobs, is that correct?

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
Did you bitch and moan over having to do simple stuff?

Nope.

eris

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »

I know what you're trying to get to here. That I'm not "qualified" to say anything about Steve Jobs, is that correct?

no, that is something YOU would think.

I think it's pretty shitty that you are pissing on the graves of dead men that accomplished about a hundred thousand more times that you ever will, and yet you criticize him for not being up to your standards.

What if people held you to similar standards ?

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2011, 04:55:44 PM »

no, that is something YOU would think.

I think it's pretty shitty that you are pissing on the graves of dead men that accomplished about a hundred thousand more times that you ever will, and yet you criticize him for not being up to your standards.

What if people held you to similar standards ?

Wait, what?

Did you just contradict yourself in the same post?

eris

« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
explain

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
explain

I asked you if you were trying to play the "I'm not qualified to say anything bad about Steve Jobs" card.

On the first line of your reply, you said "no".

And on the second line, you said that you didn't like that I criticized him because he's dead and he has done a lot more in his life than I probably ever will. That seems like a "yes" to my question.

That's why I think you contradicted yourself.

eris

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »
I said that he has done more than you to point out to you that you are being ridiculous to criticize others and to hold them to standards you do not think you should be held to. And the reason I seem a bit miffed is because the person is dead.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
I said that he has done more than you to point out to you that you are being ridiculous to criticize others and to hold them to standards you do not think you should be held to. And the reason I seem a bit miffed is because the person is dead.

I see what you mean. But I don't think a dead person is beyond criticism. What would have been the "right" opinion for me to hold of Steve Jobs on here? Kind of reminds me of political correctness.

eris

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »
It's not about your opinion of Steve Jobs that is the issue. You can think whatever you want. I am personally ambivalent, tho I dont want anyone to die I fail to give a crap.

You think that others should not hold their own opinion of him, that is your hypocrisy. You think that because he did something you dont personally like that others must agree with you, and his death should not be mourned.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »
It's not about your opinion of Steve Jobs that is the issue. You can think whatever you want. I am personally ambivalent, tho I dont want anyone to die I fail to give a crap.

You think that others should not hold their own opinion of him, that is your hypocrisy. You think that because he did something you dont personally like that others must agree with you, and his death should not be mourned.

You're right. That is something I really have an issue with. Not being able to accept the opinions of others. I should have worked on that before coming back here in the first place.

eris

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
 :thumbup:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
I think he should be knighted, like Sir Elton John.  ;)

Don't you have to be British?

Nope. Bill Gates wasn't.

Since he's not British though, they drop the "Sir".

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »
I will say shit about the dead if I didn't like them to begin with. I think it's the height of hypocrisy to give respect to someone you once hated simply because they're dead, it's not respectful at all and if anything it's really just a shit attempt to take the bad luck off of yourself.

A couple of examples of this:
- People didn't mind shitting on Micheal Jackson, but then mourned over his death and tried to make it look like they loved him to bits. Bullshit, a while back they were pissing on him for fiddling with kids. I pissed on him too and I still think he probably did it.
- Irish people back in WWII denounced Hitler and tried to distance themselves from him.... yet they (including the Government) paid respects to him during his funeral. Just wow. (This is why I never can be patriotic of this country, it's ran by retards and voted by retards, but that's another topic/rant.)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »

- People didn't mind shitting on Micheal Jackson, but then mourned over his death and tried to make it look like they loved him to bits. Bullshit, a while back they were pissing on him for fiddling with kids. I pissed on him too and I still think he probably did it.