Educational

Author Topic: Jenny McCarthy Body Count.  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: Jenny McCarthy Body Count.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
I find being deliberately stupid worse than being deliberately deceitful. Both traits are deplorable but I just can't stand stupid people, especially the deliberately stupid ones.

How's that for an explanation, Squiddy?

I understand completely. :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
I had no idea who she was until today.  I do know who Dr Wakefield is though.  I read with interest
the theory at the time, about autism.  I really took no notice of it but it must have put some alarm
bells in my head.  I took the urchin for a couple of jabs and he reacted badly.  When he was due to
have the MMR i went to see the nurse and asked her what's in it?  I was a bit shocked when she listed
six or seven different diseases.  'Can't you do them seperately?'  i asked.  The answer i got was, frankly
'no' - at least not on the NHS.  So, i paid privately for Mumps and Measle jabs, i didn't bother with
Rubella and the rest was done seperately at my doctor's, much to his annoyance.

My point is,  i think it is too much.  In one jab.  A small baby having to cope with all those different
immunisations.  It is cost effective, however.  That is why they do it. 

As for Dr Wakefield or Jenny McCarthy and their theories - no i don't buy.  However,  they did cause
me to question the urchins vaccinations - for which i am glad because i would not have known
that so many things get bunched together.    IMO common sense tells me not to overload a small
baby with numerous vaccines in one go.

Which jab did the urchin react badly to, Bodaccea?

My daughter reacted badly to her first DTP shot, crying for hours and hours afterward. Her pediatrician figured that the Pertussis component of the shot was the culprit, so for the rest of her shots, she got Diptheria and Tetanus separately and got the Acellular Pertussis shot instead of the regular Pertussis vaccine.

I know how devastating some of the childhood diseases like Pertussis can be if the child catches them, so I'm glad that there was an alternative for her.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »
diptheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b  all in one injection,  twice.   He was really poorly.  He had a temperature, which i managed to bring down with calpol and just lay there crying for days. His skin went blotchy too.

i felt it was too much of a concoction for a small baby and felt guilty afterwards for putting him through it.  Since then he has
only had single injections and has been fine :)

it concerns me less now that he is older (grouping vaccines in one jab)  but something bothers me about injecting five different
things in a baby only a few months old.  i have nothing scientific to support my theory,  just a gut feeling that it is too much, too young.

I had whooping cough when i was five, the doctor said i was very lucky as it was only mild
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
diptheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b  all in one injection,  twice.   He was really poorly.  He had a temperature, which i managed to bring down with calpol and just lay there crying for days. His skin went blotchy too.

i felt it was too much of a concoction for a small baby and felt guilty afterwards for putting him through it.  Since then he has
only had single injections and has been fine :)

it concerns me less now that he is older (grouping vaccines in one jab)  but something bothers me about injecting five different
things in a baby only a few months old.  i have nothing scientific to support my theory,  just a gut feeling that it is too much, too young.

I had whooping cough when i was five, the doctor said i was very lucky as it was only mild

Now I'm wondering if maybe he reacted badly to the Pertussis vaccine like my daughter did.

My mother's best friend's daughter got whooping cough when she was little and she nearly choked to death.  I have heard of adults getting it and breaking ribs from coughing so violently.

I had chicken pox when I was a kid and was lucky just to have a few scars from scratching them, but my godson, who was taking some sort of steroids for asthma, had a severe case.  I knew before I had my daughter that I wanted her vaccinated for chicken pox if it was possible, even if our insurance didn't pay for it.

I know a young woman in her early twenties who has the mind of a baby because of measles encephalitis.  Complications like that are rare, but they happen.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »
Now I'm wondering if maybe he reacted badly to the Pertussis vaccine like my daughter did.

Quite possibly.  I am curious to know how it was established to be the culprit?  There was no diagnostics offered to me, not even a medical opinion.  In fact i was treated a bit like i was OTT,  and it got played down IMO.  This increased my anxiety and made
me dig my heels in.  Sounds like your doctors understood far better and handled it properly.

Urchin had chicken pox a few weeks ago.  Luckily very mild and no scars.
blah blah blah

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »
I used to fap to her.  :-\

midlifeaspie

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 12:39:39 AM »

Quite possibly.  I am curious to know how it was established to be the culprit?  There was no diagnostics offered to me, not even a medical opinion.  In fact i was treated a bit like i was OTT,  and it got played down IMO.  This increased my anxiety and made
me dig my heels in.  Sounds like your doctors understood far better and handled it properly.

Urchin had chicken pox a few weeks ago.  Luckily very mild and no scars.

Her doctor said that the Pertussis vaccine was the likely culprit because of how my daughter responded after her first shot with it.

She didn't have the same reaction after the acellular Pertussis vaccine, so he must have been correct.

Another pediatrician in his practice acted to me after my daughter put an ant killer containing arsenic into her mouth and I noticed a rash and brought her in to be checked out on a weekend when he was the only doctor available the same way you describe your son's pediatrician's behavior toward you and it was infururiating.  I didn't want my daughter to see him again and I was relieved when he retired.  I love my daughter's pediatrician.  He listens to my concerns without acting like I'm an OTT nervous mother.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
It's the tuna, people. Jenny McCarthy should do something about the tuna. :trollface:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 04:15:11 AM »
It's the tuna, people. Jenny McCarthy should do something about the tuna. :trollface:

:lol:

All dat mercury.  :autism:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 07:20:37 AM »
It's certainly fishy.  :oneliner:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 08:18:08 AM »
 :facepalm2: :facepalm:  :sick:  :lol:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »
Sea how my net worth just sank? :oneliner:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 11:07:25 AM »
My mother said I reacted to the second DPT shot the day after I got it.  I was fussy and never slept more than 4 hours a day for about 12 or so years.  Pertussis was known back in the 1950's to cause reactions in some children.  Anyway, Mom wouldn't let me get any more of the childhood vacs (except for polio, which we never completed.)  My sister never got any shots as a child, except rabies.

We got chicken pox as children, I got the measles as a child and whooping cough as a teenager (fairly mild case.)  Both sister and I got mumps as teenagers.  When the Princess Royal was getting her shots we just went the standard route of multiple shots, but I don't think it had much to do with her autism.  I did have to get my polio shots with her since the bug is excreted in the stool and there was a chance I could catch it from changing her diaper.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »
I used to fap to her.  :-\

I did too.

I still have the playboy that she was the centerfold in.