Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 242950 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15600 on: June 27, 2020, 08:14:07 PM »
Stupid iPhones with their extra text message reminders.  :grrr:
I thought you used a Samsung S9, like mine.

My cell adds some new bloatware with every update.
I just got this "safety" feature to prevent butt dialing which I do not need. This latest annoyance locks the screen until you swipe it the way it likes, so we are all better protected from accidentally touching our screens.

I haven't gone to find this thing and kill it yet, but soon.
:hair:

I do use a Samsung, an S10. Nice phone. My wife doesn't. Hers is an iPhone that she leaves on the kitchen table when she goes to bed. Hence the quick bitch.

Add to it the fact that her iPad gets those same messages so I have to listen to four beeps.
Swipe up and hit the crescent icon. It will silence all of her messages at night.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15601 on: June 27, 2020, 09:57:48 PM »
My faith in humanity, tenuous at best, really hits beyond rock bottom after working a shift at walmart.  Tonight, besides the idiots not wearing masks, it was these two "ladies" asking me about "hand santizer"......I point out what we have, which is not the name brand or the walmart knock off.  So they spend about 10 minutes complaining about the "quality' of said hand sanitizer as opposed to the one they REALLY want.  End of story, after bitching and kvetching, they grab two bottles of the same sanitizer that they were complaining about and finally left.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

My eyes are the strongest part of my body, since I roll them hundreds of times a day!   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15602 on: June 28, 2020, 02:03:10 AM »
Right elbow hurts like fuck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15603 on: June 28, 2020, 02:21:39 AM »
One of the cats peed on the shelving behind Kayleigh's lounge chair.

:(  you just put your finger on one of the reaons why i'm glad i no longer keep cats.

and you other guys put your fingers on some of the reasons why i'm glad that  i stuck with  an old-fashioned phone that doesn't think it's a camera/computer terminal/PA  :laugh:

I  like to keep my life as simple as possible  :)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15604 on: June 28, 2020, 02:29:01 AM »

also glad that i don't have your elbow :hug:

dare i ask what happened to it? (no, nooooo,   i don't mean to suggest that it's your wanking elbow. I really and actually don't .  But i can't help that the thought is irresitable can I?  :LOL:  maybe "hurts like fuck "was an unfortunate turn of phrase in this context?  )

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15605 on: June 28, 2020, 02:51:34 AM »

also glad that i don't have your elbow :hug:

dare i ask what happened to it? (no, nooooo,   i don't mean to suggest that it's your wanking elbow. I really and actually don't .  But i can't help that the thought is irresitable can I?  :LOL:  maybe "hurts like fuck "was an unfortunate turn of phrase in this context?  )

Haha, this is inflamed tendons and joints. My psoriatic arthritis acting up. But obviously it affects every use of said elbow. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #15606 on: June 28, 2020, 04:06:37 AM »
Hello you crazy dog, waking me up again at 4am in the morning.  :LOL:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15607 on: June 28, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
Its so utterly mind-numbingly tedious having to trawl the internet repeatedly for ideas on how to circumnavigate all the everyday toxins of everyday life.  Especially corn,  cos it sneaks its way in to almost every variety of food, drug, chemical, household product  as an ingredient of an ingredient , unspecified "vegetable" souce. , or industrial precurser to some other harmless-sounsding thing.  You can't just search  for ""corn-free " like you can with gluten-free , you have load up the SDS for product after product, then make an educated guess  about the ingredients. More than 99% of the time , the result is utterly disappointing.  The search can take over your life  :grrr:.

They even make bio-degrabable packaging out of corn, now.  Oh,  joy!

The good news is that I just found this web page:
https://theartofsimple.net/how-to-clean-your-hair-without-shampoo/
Ooh! can do and will do. Fantastic! wish I'd found that long ago.

The other good news is that my scalp and shoulders are no longer scabbing up and  itching like crazy , as they have been ever since last Saturday when i gave in to the temptaton to use Head and shoulders shampoo, cos it was there, and cos my hair badly needed washing, and cos i felt like a wuss for nervously hesitating for so long, just because that stuff (along with every alternative I've looked at)  has  almost certainly  got a bit of corn in it.  I  mean, it wasn't like I'd ever  actually noticed any skin  reacitions to shampoo before , merely that my sensitivity to inhaled or ingested corn has become increasingly heightened, during the past year or so. So it didn't seem altogether wise.

So the other bad news is...well, you get the picture :(

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15608 on: June 29, 2020, 05:54:42 AM »
People at work think me and crush boi went on a date on the weekend ::)

If he wasn't aromantic/asexual it probably would have been, but no. In fact it still wouldn't have been if he wasn't, because he doesn't like overweight women :thumbdn:

It's just like having a gay friend albeit we avoid obviously awkward situations together.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15609 on: June 29, 2020, 06:32:57 AM »
The headache I went to bed with last night has continued into today. Lovely.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15610 on: June 29, 2020, 01:44:35 PM »
Going to have a headache tomorrow morning.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15611 on: June 29, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »
My asthma is playing up again. I am now prescribed 6 puffs of Symbicort a day instead of 4. It's not helping though. I still have to take Ventolin during the day.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15612 on: June 30, 2020, 03:40:21 AM »
There is no larger bet we could be "All In" on than breathing.
I did not know Ventolin, so I found myself on their website. Now, more familiar to me by the generic name, I cringe scanned over the side effects warnings and the thought that many drugs, even drugs intended to treat a variety of ailments, seem to warn of the same side effects.

I have to wonder if my doctor has (and all our doctors have) placed my (our) bets on the right roulette wheel for me (us).

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #15613 on: June 30, 2020, 05:39:41 PM »
Sleep has been elusive lately
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #15614 on: July 01, 2020, 02:32:01 AM »
The Electoral College has fucked us twice since 2000 and better not again. The system is rigged. Republicans have been exposed for the racism, bigotry, and complete lack of morals they truly represent, but will still likely maintain control of the Senate. The election needs to happen today, with inauguration tomorrow. He has to go, along with his cronies. We should just gather 25M people and march right up to the White House and remove him ourselves.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems