Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 218507 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #13440 on: September 16, 2017, 02:00:43 AM »
My left eye itches.

WTF is it with left eyes?

Mine has been itchy as well as tearing over at random times.
Weather has been off a bit and my sinuses have been iffy as well. All connected, I am sure.
 :zombiefuck:

It's contagious?  :zombiefuck:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13441 on: September 16, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
My left eye itches.

Weather has been off a bit and my sinuses have been iffy as well. All connected, I am sure.

It's contagious?  :zombiefuck:

I blame you for my itching
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13442 on: September 16, 2017, 02:50:09 AM »
I blame the gopher.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13443 on: September 16, 2017, 02:59:14 AM »
The gopher is your scapegoat, but I know it was you who started it anyway.

You did not wash your hands between rubbing your eye and using the keyboard.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13444 on: September 16, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »
My left eye itches.

I hate to blow whatever theory you're formulating, but if I have a problem with just one of my eyes , it's the right one. I quite often get a tic in it., and sometimes an itch, (and both eyes go all red and teary, ridiculously often,  simultaneously).
Also, my TN first appeared  on the right side of my face, (the left side caught up a few years later)  and I once had Bell's Palsy (temporary paralysis) on the right side of my face; so that does seem to be the weaker side, all-in-all.

And no, i'm not left-handed. I'm right-handed. :S

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13445 on: September 16, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »
You have TN at both sides too?

I started left. About 12 years ago.
That's also when my rosacea took it up a notchor two. Also starting left. But right overhauling left very soon. :P

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13446 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:18 AM »
You have TN at both sides too?

I started left. About 12 years ago.
That's also when my rosacea took it up a notchor two. Also starting left. But right overhauling left very soon. :P

Yep. mine started about 35 years ago. I thought it was toothache for about 10-20 years cos it was almost always in the jaw. My dentist said it was neuralgia but i thought that was just a fancy word for toothache, especially for one that couldn't be explained nor treated  :laugh:.  I got a fancy  word in lieu of the extraction I begged for.

It's "atypical TN"  Atypical in stating at an unusually young age (early twenties in my case) and also atypical; in affecting  both sides of my face. It's also  my head, cheekbones, ears, just about everywhere the trigenminal nerve reaxches nowadays, but not usually everywhere at once.

Interestingly, atypical TN can be an early sign of MS. i don't have MS, but I do have a nameless  hereditaty mitochondrial disorder with  very similar symptoms to MS. (I've compared notes with a friend who has MS, and we have numerous identical symptoms. The  main difference seems to be that I have more symptoms, mine started much earlier ( given that autism, dyslexia, syspraxia etc are supposed to be early symptoms, present from birth more-or-less) and mine has progressed  more slowly. He had no symptoms at all until his thirties and is now extremely disabled, much more so than myself.

I am therefore not surprised by research that suggests thaty MS is caused by mitochondial disorder. And I'm piossed off with my neurologist who treats the TN as an entirely seperate issue.

Mind you, I haven't seen her in a while, and I've inly recently noticed that various other (more recently emerging ) symtoms such as involuntary muscle spasms, fatigue, musle cramps. seizures, brain fog, tend to be accompanied by TN.  I do often get TN as a stand alone symptom., but I think that's just because it;'s the most common symptom of the lot. I seem  get  that nearly  50% of the time nowadays, amnd i've trained myself to ignore it if it isn't too vicious.  The thing is, now I've become a bit more observant of this stuff, i see that  symptoms kicjk in in a particular order, wehich matches their order of first appearance . TN falls into a little group that kick in 2nd, after (or concurrent with a deepening of my autistc traits) . Brain fog comes into that.  same cluster, i think...but my brain has to get extremely foggy before it actually recognises that it's foggy *chuckle* ., so that doesn't normally register til later. I've managed to come up with with five semi-discrete stages , the fourth stage being various kinds of fairly dramatic  seizures  the fifth stage being a sort of "post-ictal" stage, I think.

If I'm lucky, and if I'm I'm sensible (eg by immedfiately resting/eating/getting out of the cold or t getting away from whatecver else might be serving as a trigger) that cascade of symptomns stops at stage 2, and  used to nearly alwats stop at stage 2,  when I was younger) which is how come stage 2 can pass as a standalone thing.  But it's clear to me now that it isn't. It fits that pattern too neatly.

I'm going into detail here cos I think it might pay you (and a few others here) to take note...and take notes  (of your own symptoms)   There might be bugger-all in the way of help from the NHS for this thing (discounting toxic anti-seizure meds- if you call that "help")but an understanding of it has helped me enormously in developing effective self-help stategies. A few years back, my life just wasn't worth living, cos i didn't know what the hell was going on, or what to do about it, and I was in stage 5 most of the  the time.(weak as a kitten, sleeping almost constantly, unable to think straight,  etc)  I'm cping much better now, and enjoying life more, even though my health is progressively more fragile.

I'd hate to see anybody else end up quite so sick and so clueless. But these mitochondrial disorders are pretty common amongst autistic people. So it worries me when you guys report similar symptoms. 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:05:51 AM by Walkie »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #13447 on: September 16, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
Reminds me of me in some ways-memory loss that seems slowly progressive, myoclonus, full blown seizures (usually coming out of or falling to sleep, oddball ones, usually first atonic then progressing to myoclonic, the first stage of them can if I am fast enough or can manage to indicate to somebody I need them to bring me my antiseizure meds and stick a couple in my mouth) and sometimes they start the other way round, myoclonic then atonic (paralytic basically, I can see, hear etc, but everything takes on a weird fucked up shade to it thats pretty damn scary when it happens, whilst I'd not be able to respond even if somebody were to kick me, stick a pin in my finger or something like that, complete atonia of voluntary muscle, aside from those controlling the eye and breathing)

And then there is my hair-trigger immune system that takes infection way, way too easily, from small cuts or other otherwise insignificant things can turn really ugly really quickly, as in a couple of days before needing antibiotics and a few more before if untreated a minor (always bacterial) infection usually would land me in hospital on IV antibiotics, or if ignored could (and nearly has, from just a minor skin wound, no worse than a pinprick) eat down to the bone. Got a cut on my arse cheek once and within a few days it had got so deep as to have killed me if I hadn't gotten hospital treatment after it got so deep (the infection resulting) to have nearly reached my hip bone on the same size;

Joints are getting stiffer and stiffer as welll. Plus severe stomach problems of unknowj cause that cause puking repeatedly until that too can land me in the ER.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13448 on: September 17, 2017, 03:51:46 AM »
I want to go back to bed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13449 on: September 17, 2017, 05:47:43 AM »
I don't know how I will get all my work done in time. Got to get up early tomorrow and do my best.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13450 on: September 17, 2017, 10:22:13 AM »
I don't know how I will get all my work done in time.
Can sympathize with this. The best way to describe sitting at my desk over the last couple of months, is sitting in the middle of a raging fire. The constant sense of urgency has been exhausting.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13451 on: September 17, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
Can sympathize with this. The best way to describe sitting at my desk over the last couple of months, is sitting in the middle of a raging fire. The constant sense of urgency has been exhausting exhausted
Fixed :)  albeit wishfully. Hope you get there soon!

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13452 on: September 17, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »

My theory is that somebody didn't wash their hands betwen rubbing the gopher and touching the keyboard :zombiefuck:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13453 on: September 17, 2017, 12:10:36 PM »
Can sympathize with this. The best way to describe sitting at my desk over the last couple of months, is sitting in the middle of a raging fire. The constant sense of urgency has been exhausting exhausted
Fixed :)  albeit wishfully. Hope you get there soon!
Thanks, might be a while though. Am working in a learning curve for something new that doesn't have an established business process, so basically learning by doing while developing and documenting that process on my own. Fortunately have a supportive boss, but it will probably be a year before the projected confidence is genuine.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13454 on: September 17, 2017, 03:37:36 PM »

My theory is that somebody didn't wash their hands betwen rubbing the gopher and touching the keyboard :zombiefuck:

I approve of all theories which involve rubbing the gopher.  :zoinks:
:gopher: