Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201389 times)

TheoK

Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #3645 on: July 17, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »
Weird. Sweden is less of a police state, but you would never get anything narcotic here without a prescription. The last OTC drug with codeine was withdrawn in 1985. But they are absurdly anti drugs here. When the rest of Europe is legalizing, Sweden still holds on to its zero tolerance. If you have really bad cough a nice doc might prescribe a small bottle of syrup with ethyl morphine.

Well, well, it's legal to have poppies, though, as long as you don't harvest :angel:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:19:25 PM by Lit »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3646 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »
Never tried ethylmorphine. I don't think its used here in the UK at all.

No need to try a codeine analog, except as a curiosity-driven bioassay. When I can have morphine itself. Just harvesting enough pods and poppy straw at the moment to make it worth an extraction and separation of the morphine, codeine, thebaine and other alkaloids. I want to try a purified version of 'kompot', aka polish heroin. Basically they just acetylate a crude mixture of alkaloids derived from pod tea, evaporated down etc.

Although I will be separating out the purified alkaloids, removing the codeine content for future experimentation, as codeine can easily cause fatal pulmonary oedema if shot up, thanks to it being such a bugger when it comes to releasing histamine.

And rather than the traditional acetic anhydride/acetyl chloride to prepare mono/di-acetylmorphine, aka H; the plan is to hit it with some of my spare acetyl chloride, as far as my AMPAkine project goes, I have tons of the stuff spare, I only need a few mililitres, and I have 100ml or so. The AMPAkine I'm working on, DM-235, otherwise known as sunifiram, is fully active in the 0.001mg/kg range in rats, so presumably less in humans due to far faster murine metabolism; compared with humans. IIRC the human metabolic rate is in the region of one tenth of the murine model; 10mg of given compound XYZ compound in the rat, is not unlikely to equate to around 1mg of XYZ intravenound XYZ in man. Just a rule of thumb however, and certainly not consistent enough to use t as anything more than a tool to work doses out, just using that rule of thumb and banging up whatever it says is likely in people could easily lead to an overdose/fatality.

All the morph/codeine/opium tincture syrups here are basically ancient throwbacks to a past era, but still, its good to be able to just walk round town and pop into every pharmacy and supermarket to get my goodies. My favourites are Gee's linctus, a tincture of opium in a spicy flavoured cough syrup. Very much prehistoric and hard to find these days though :( and codeine linctus which is likewise fucking hard to find. No rx needed, but few pharmacies carry it now, There are three of the latter, one flavoured with sugar free orange. Cunting well rank stuff, it tastes exactly the same as the penicillin liquid I was forced to continue taking despite being allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics. If they did that now,it would kill me..truly horrid stuff. The others are the non-sugar-free one, which is flavoured with, of all the crowbegotten things, chloroform.  I LOVE the scent of chloroform I make a cocktail with it; lol. Equal parts of tesco own brand lime juice, the codeine syrup, and vodka. Tastes great, if I do say so myself:P

The last is terpin and codeine linctus. Fucking well foul stuff, contains white pine oil, its absofuckinglutely awful. contains a wee little bit more codeine than the others, just 1mg/ml though though; irritate my stomach though, I can't take more than a shot glass of it at one time though, to avoid throwing up.

At the same time,  not necking more than half a bottle or so,to avoid G.I discomfort. More than I can tolerate of terpin&codeine at any rate. Mein Gott! that stuff is bloody foul!

I'm looking forward to reaching my target for pod harvesting-minimum=1kg of pods. Preferably at least 1.5kg. So I can extract repeatedly with acidified H2O, filter the plant matter out of it, denature any proteins with methanol, distill off the solvent, then get shot of any solvent remaining in the mixture. Purify by forming the calcium phenolate salts, which are insoluble in H2O, then extract the codeine, for future experimenting or other uses, ,which could well cause anaphylactic shock and death, then simply taking up the alkaloids in methanol (best alcohol to use for me, as I have about 10 liters just sitting there on its arse in one of the cupboards in the lab I keep my reagents and solvents in. Take some propionyl chloride up in thoroughly dried toluene, then add the two, reflux in the 50ml flask I've been dying to try out for ages. Result? a full-spectrum (minus the codeine and its pulmonary oedema-causing tendencies, and the propionyl esfters of any phenolic alkaloids present, such as morphine. Dipropionylmorphine is at least twice and a bit as potent as skag itself, and more lipophilic (fat soluble) so it hits faster and gives a greater rush when IVed.
Needs micron filtering of course before use.

Can't wait to try it out:).

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3647 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
Its great having my old pal Clare around again.  She is funny.  She is good looking. She can cook.   She even 'deals' with spiders!  The urchin loves her.  Oh dammit i love her too.... but why hasn't she got a cock? :orly:

What wound up happening with that guy Clare was engaged to?
Sorry Callaway, i missed this.  No she didn't wed him.  Do you mean the one she got the nine hundred quid handbag for?   Yeah he is history.  She is engaged to one of her old flames at the moment  :orly: and they are moving in together on Thursday....so,  we'll see, lol
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #3648 on: July 17, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
I want whisky, but I have to wait until Thursday, when my disability comes.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3649 on: July 17, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »
Oh well surgery tomorrow, finally getting the tonsils out.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3650 on: July 17, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »

Good luck with that.  Are you going to be taking them home in a jar?  post pics if you do
blah blah blah

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3651 on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »

Good luck with that.  Are you going to be taking them home in a jar?  post pics if you do

Not likely, they want to do a biopsy on them to determine whenever or not it was tumorous. Besides I want them fuckers gone and out of my life, annoying fuckers. :toporly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #3652 on: July 17, 2012, 08:13:22 PM »
Its great having my old pal Clare around again.  She is funny.  She is good looking. She can cook.   She even 'deals' with spiders!  The urchin loves her.  Oh dammit i love her too.... but why hasn't she got a cock? :orly:

Sorry Callaway, i missed this.  No she didn't wed him.  Do you mean the one she got the nine hundred quid handbag for?   Yeah he is history.  She is engaged to one of her old flames at the moment  :orly: and they are moving in together on Thursday....so,  we'll see, lol
I want the handbag back!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3653 on: July 17, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »

I want the handbag back!

I'm sure you'll look  tres chic  dragging it around in your flippers.   :seal:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #3654 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »

I want the handbag back!

I'm sure you'll look  tres chic  dragging it around in your flippers.   :seal:
:agreed: :thumbup:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3655 on: July 18, 2012, 12:49:13 AM »
I just found 5g of methoxetamine in a bag, on the floor under my bed, that I didn't no I had.

Sweet!

*whips out fresh rig and gets ready to fuck off back to bed*
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3656 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:31 AM »
Time to get some coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3657 on: July 18, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »
9 more sleeps
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #3658 on: July 18, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »
Down to less than an hour now before I head off to the hospital, I hate this waiting. Might as well go off-line now and get ready for it.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3659 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
Thinking good thoughts for you Professor :)
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty