Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #3195 on: May 24, 2012, 09:35:54 PM »
Weariness from missions to a thousand worlds, he said.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3196 on: May 24, 2012, 11:17:08 PM »
Tired, so tired. I'd like a day off.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3197 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:51 AM »
Thinking we all need to hug the ones we love. My friend just lost her little girl today. She had a rare gastrointestinal disease that prevented her from being able to stomach food. Such a bright little light, but at 6 years old, gone too soon.  :(

I read this just before the school run and it made me so sad.  That is just so terrible.  So, so, sorry for your friend.   :hug:

I gave the urchin extra hugs despite the fact he had just pulled the shower head off!
blah blah blah

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3198 on: May 25, 2012, 04:53:19 AM »
Terrible.  Now that I have two kids I would have to survive an event like that for the sake of the other one, but if something tragic had happened to my only kid I'm pretty sure I would have blown my brains out in the backyard.
And they do have a younger son so it's a mix of grieving her loss but not getting so swallowed up by it that he gets lost in the mix. I can't even imagine what they're going through right now. and I suppose we knew it was coming? I mean her body literally rejected food. She looks like she's 2 year old even though she just turned 6 this month. When your body rejects any sort of nourishment, even a feeding tube, how can you live? Yet every.single.time. she was at deaths door, she pulled through. So that idea that she finally passed away yesterday seems unthinkable, yet not. She was a beauty. Full of so much love and laughter.

Thinking we all need to hug the ones we love. My friend just lost her little girl today. She had a rare gastrointestinal disease that prevented her from being able to stomach food. Such a bright little light, but at 6 years old, gone too soon.  :(

I read this just before the school run and it made me so sad.  That is just so terrible.  So, so, sorry for your friend.   :hug:

I gave the urchin extra hugs despite the fact he had just pulled the shower head off!
Yes i snuggled my kids extra close yesterday too
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3199 on: May 25, 2012, 06:02:47 AM »
I'm sorry Miss K.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3200 on: May 25, 2012, 06:10:07 AM »
Terrible.  Now that I have two kids I would have to survive an event like that for the sake of the other one, but if something tragic had happened to my only kid I'm pretty sure I would have blown my brains out in the backyard.

As morbid a sentiment as this is, I fully agree
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3201 on: May 25, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »

As much as I love my daughter and as devastated as I would be if I lost her, I would not kill myself, primarily because of the effect it would have on my husband.  I have lost people who are very dear to me and I'm still here.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3202 on: May 25, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »

As much as I love my daughter and as devastated as I would be if I lost her, I would not kill myself, primarily because of the effect it would have on my husband.  I have lost people who are very dear to me and I'm still here.

I couldn't do it either. My best friends father killed himself and he was like a Dad to me. I've known him my whole life, he was my fathers best friend. The ripple effect from his death was huge. The impact that it left on his family was indescribable. The grief ebbs and flows for so long and then you start to come out of it and you wish that he could ride out the emotional tidal wave that brought him to the point of taking his own life because then good things start to happen again and there's so much that he has missed. That's what always brings me back when life gets overwhelming. that it doesn't STAY dark and black and unforgivable. Just my two cents worth.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3203 on: May 25, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »

I couldn't do it either. My best friends father killed himself and he was like a Dad to me. I've known him my whole life, he was my fathers best friend. The ripple effect from his death was huge. The impact that it left on his family was indescribable. The grief ebbs and flows for so long and then you start to come out of it and you wish that he could ride out the emotional tidal wave that brought him to the point of taking his own life because then good things start to happen again and there's so much that he has missed. That's what always brings me back when life gets overwhelming. that it doesn't STAY dark and black and unforgivable. Just my two cents worth.

I'm just not strong enough to live out the rest of my life with that kind of grief.  The pain would be intolerable.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #3204 on: May 25, 2012, 01:15:58 PM »
memories cant ignore, rise ghost of war!!
:skywarp:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3205 on: May 25, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »
I would be lost without my friends and family.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3206 on: May 25, 2012, 02:32:21 PM »
I've no idea what I would do. I don't ever want to find out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3207 on: May 26, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
I am sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

If there is a time when your friends seems like she might be open to this, I would suggest recommending her to look into Compassionate Friends.  They're a nation-wide support community/organization for parents who have lost children (and the families of the children lost, as well), and have support meetings across the country.  There are other similar communities, recommending this one because it's the one I am most familiar with.

Losing a child is one of the most profound losses a person can experience.  Unfortunately, it's also one of the most isolating.  Organizations like TCF can help with the isolation, especially.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3208 on: May 26, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
Thinking about a doctor's appointment in a little more than a week.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3209 on: May 26, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
Thinking about a whitepaper I wrote. The peer reviews are in and their decisions will be posted within the next day or two.

I peer reviewed a couple of the papers and the quality is really awesome. I don't stand a chance. :hide:

- Albert Einstein