Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #1440 on: December 02, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »
Are you suuuuure you're not aspie?
Expecting my love of excel to translate to my overall placement on the spectrum is like expecting a soft-spoken person to be submissive in the bedroom.  Don't stereotype me, woman!

Nay, it is a part of my disorder! I cannot read between the lines of your Excel spreadsheets.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1441 on: December 02, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »
Christ I fucking hated Excel in school

Haven't opened that sonofabitch ONCE since I left

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1442 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
Are you suuuuure you're not aspie?
Expecting my love of excel to translate to my overall placement on the spectrum is like expecting a soft-spoken person to be submissive in the bedroom.  Don't stereotype me, woman!

Nay, it is a part of my disorder! I cannot read between the lines of your Excel spreadsheets.
...dyslexia?

Would you prefer me quoting John Lithgow?
Who?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1443 on: December 03, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »
I wonder if I should make the daybed configuration of my lounge :orly:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1444 on: December 03, 2011, 04:06:09 AM »
Christams. I hate christmas. I am thiniking what stupid presents to buy. Humbug.
calendars.com is my favorite store in the world right now.  It's the gift that says "I kinda care but not enough to put in tremendous effort."
I like a good calendar. I got my mum a Siamese cat one last year and she was pretty happy with it.

Have made some graphs for uni using excel. I didn't find it a chore at all. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1445 on: December 03, 2011, 05:52:03 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #1446 on: December 03, 2011, 05:56:48 AM »
Being thinking about whenever or not more corporate philanthropy could be a potential solution to the financial situation. The main difficulty is figuring out how to make such a thing not only benefit society, but on how to make such generously investment have a profitable return for those who decide to invest into such a philosophy.

I guess I believe that a benevolent corporate policy that is highly profitable is possible in theory, but riddled with so many difficulties that it easier to favour the 'squeeze every dollar by being as complacent and cheap as possible'. Not sure if it's even practically possible given human nature. :dunno:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:58:23 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1447 on: December 03, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »
I think if it has a profitable return, it's kindanotreally philanthropy.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #1448 on: December 03, 2011, 06:19:48 AM »
I think if it has a profitable return, it's kindanotreally philanthropy.

Well I'm thinking on the lines of marketing and how appearing charitable can potential increase customers, if not bolster customer loyalty to those investing. The idea would be seeing profitability in the form of more customers buying their goods and services to support such traits. That's kind of why I wrote it here, it's an incomplete thought on this subject, still pondering on it. :chin:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1449 on: December 03, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »
The problem is how worthy are the charities? The ones that court big businesses are often big businesses of their own, and waste so much of people's donations on overhead that they don't actually do much for people with real need.

Like the breast cancer machine.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1450 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
Being thinking about whenever or not more corporate philanthropy could be a potential solution to the financial situation. The main difficulty is figuring out how to make such a thing not only benefit society, but on how to make such generously investment have a profitable return for those who decide to invest into such a philosophy.

I guess I believe that a benevolent corporate policy that is highly profitable is possible in theory, but riddled with so many difficulties that it easier to favour the 'squeeze every dollar by being as complacent and cheap as possible'. Not sure if it's even practically possible given human nature. :dunno:

Two ideas:  Micro loans and Heifer International.  Both are extremely cheap (as inexpensive as a cell phone or a loom in some cases, chickens and goats, bees, etc.)  They ideally lead to eventual increased standards of living and an eventual larger consumer base. But it takes time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:15:02 AM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1451 on: December 03, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
Micro loans rock.

So does Engineers Without Borders. I can't speak for the international association, but I have a friend who used to work for the Canadian division (which stays independent) and they're a good organization.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1452 on: December 03, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »

Two ideas:  Micro loans and Heifer International.  Both are extremely cheap (as inexpensive as a cell phone or a loom in some cases, chickens and goats, bees, etc.)  They ideally lead to eventual increased standards of living and an eventual larger consumer base. But it takes time.

I have given money to Heifer International and they seem like a good charity to me.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1453 on: December 03, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204554204577024313200627678.html  Recently read an article about this.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1454 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert. But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime.