Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #750 on: October 14, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »
I wonder if I2 is a lovefest, like Cal says, or if it actually works the way it was supposed to.
:kumbaya: :grouphug:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #751 on: October 15, 2011, 03:59:19 AM »
I wonder if I2 is a lovefest, like Cal says, or if it actually works the way it was supposed to.
:kumbaya: :grouphug:

Yeah, but is it really, or is it simply that the group dynamics will change when people gt to know each other well?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Binty

« Reply #752 on: October 15, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »
Everything worked out in the end.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #753 on: October 15, 2011, 08:07:18 AM »
Yeah, but is it really, or is it simply that the group dynamics will change when people gt to know each other well?

I do think the group dynamics have changed and become tighter-knit. Whether that's a lovefest though, or working the way it's supposed to, is more of a judgement call though, yeah? I suspect it's the inevitable result of airing conflict openly. People either leave because they can't take it, or work out whatever was bothering them, and the ones who are left form a stronger bond. Most of them.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #754 on: October 15, 2011, 08:12:03 AM »
I HATE EVERYONE ON HERE AND WANT TO DESTROY THEIR LIVES!!!

I ALSO WANT TO MAKE SWEET LOVE TO CAL!!!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #755 on: October 15, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »

Me or Calandale?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #756 on: October 15, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »

Me or Calandale?

Interesting how he left that open to interpretation isn't it?  :viking:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #757 on: October 15, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »

I do think the group dynamics have changed and become tighter-knit. Whether that's a lovefest though, or working the way it's supposed to, is more of a judgement call though, yeah? I suspect it's the inevitable result of airing conflict openly. People either leave because they can't take it, or work out whatever was bothering them, and the ones who are left form a stronger bond. Most of them.

That's pretty much what I thought, re the people who have been here for a while. But what about the new ones? I keep wondering if I2 is what it was thought to be, for them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #758 on: October 15, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »

YES BUT POST PICTURES!

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #759 on: October 15, 2011, 06:28:36 PM »
cat's gone crazy

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #760 on: October 15, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
That's pretty much what I thought, re the people who have been here for a while. But what about the new ones? I keep wondering if I2 is what it was thought to be, for them.

Gotta go with no. People on WP or wherever hear of our reputation, that we eat babies for breakfast and cut our teeth on 4chan and drive away the weak with pitchforks and torches. Then they show up and find a bunch of ordinary people joking around like a pub.

Ok, I'm off to make a poll about it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #761 on: October 15, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »

Gotta go with no. People on WP or wherever hear of our reputation, that we eat babies for breakfast and cut our teeth on 4chan and drive away the weak with pitchforks and torches. Then they show up and find a bunch of ordinary people joking around like a pub.

Ok, I'm off to make a poll about it.

But was it really part of the original idea, to have people think that I2 members ate babies for breakfast? I don't think it was. Wasn't it more to the point that here we'd have a voice and learn how to use that voice outside of here?

Pubs will do part of that for "ordinary" people. Couldn't I2 do that for teh spazzes?

That image of us, isn't it rather like what we'd all like to be and how we'd like to present ourself? Me, I don't think we were ever like that, not really.

- Albert Einstein

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #762 on: October 15, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »

Ummm... this doesn't mean we can't eat babies for breakfast, right?   :tinfoil:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #763 on: October 15, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »

Ummm... this doesn't mean we can't eat babies for breakfast, right?   :tinfoil:

Of course not. That is, I won't mind if you do.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #764 on: October 15, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
But was it really part of the original idea, to have people think that I2 members ate babies for breakfast? I don't think it was. Wasn't it more to the point that here we'd have a voice and learn how to use that voice outside of here?

Pubs will do part of that for "ordinary" people. Couldn't I2 do that for teh spazzes?

That image of us, isn't it rather like what we'd all like to be and how we'd like to present ourself? Me, I don't think we were ever like that, not really.

I kinda like being part of a site that's seen as badass. It's like you said. Even if they don't usually do it, people here have the potential to eat babies or whatever, because of the lack of moderation. It's the internet equivalent of the right to bear arms, and forbidding people from threatening the site is the internet equivalent of sheathing your sword when you walk into the tavern. IMO, having a reputation is part of having a voice, whether that's politically correct or not. Too many people judge by appearances and attitudes, and use them as a guide for how to interact with you, for it to not matter. So if people can get used to presenting themselves that way here, then yeah, I think that would carry over to having a stronger voice offline.