Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201389 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #345 on: September 01, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
Why did I eat those fucking banabas?  Having a stokre lke episod now.   no worr it willl passs

Banabas rock  :bonban:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #346 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
Why did I eat those fucking banabas?  Having a stokre lke episod now.   no worr it willl passs

If you mean "stroke like episode" you need to get yourself to the emergency room right now.   Please don't wait for it to pass.  Time lost can be brain lost; however, if you are treated within three hours they can reverse the effects.  I got this email from my sister-in-law a few days ago:

Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue

STROKE: Remember  the 1st  Three Letters.... S.T.R. 

STROKE   IDENTIFICATION:

During  a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured   everyone that she was fine (they offered to call  paramedics) .she  said she had just tripped over  a brick because of her new  shoes.

They   got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of  food. While she  appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest  of the  evening.

Jane's  husband called later  telling everyone that his wife had been taken  to  the hospital - (at 6:00   pm  Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the  BBQ. Had they known how to identify the  signs of a stroke,  perhaps Jane would be with  us today. Some don't die. They end  up in a  helpless, hopeless condition  instead.

It   only takes a minute to read this...

A   neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke  victim within 3  hours he can totally reverse the  effects of a  stroke...totally. He said  the trick was getting a stroke  recognized,  diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING  A STROKE

Thank  God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR  . Read and  Learn!

Sometimes  symptoms of a  stroke are difficult to identify.  Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The   stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage  when people nearby fail to recognize the  symptoms of a stroke.

Now  doctors say a  bystander can recognize a stroke by asking  three  simple questions:

S   *Ask  the individual  to SMILE.

T   *Ask  the person to  TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE  (Coherently)

(i.e. It is sunny  out  today.)

R   *Ask  him or her to  RAISE BOTH  ARMS.

If  he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these  tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms  to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke  -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE:  Another 'sign' of a  stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue... If the tongue  is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other, that is also an indication of a stroke.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
Thanks Callaway. 

I've had 3 TIAs, unexplained origin.  I figured that at least 2 of them followed eating a banana a day for about a week.  Evidently I have naturally high potassium levels and the potassium introduced by eating too many bananas, kicks it up too high (potassium controls heart beats).  I told PA to keep an eye on me.  I'm feeling much better now; not dizzy, no weakness, etc.  I guess I need to remember my mantra, "The only good banana is in a banana split."  Which I only have about every two years.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Psychophant

« Reply #348 on: September 01, 2011, 03:22:18 PM »
Moving stress, moving stress, moving stress, moving stress..................... :zombiefuck:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #349 on: September 01, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »
Moving stress, moving stress, moving stress, moving stress..................... :zombiefuck:

Are you moving from one house to another one?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #350 on: September 01, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
Thanks Callaway. 

I've had 3 TIAs, unexplained origin.  I figured that at least 2 of them followed eating a banana a day for about a week.  Evidently I have naturally high potassium levels and the potassium introduced by eating too many bananas, kicks it up too high (potassium controls heart beats).  I told PA to keep an eye on me.  I'm feeling much better now; not dizzy, no weakness, etc.  I guess I need to remember my mantra, "The only good banana is in a banana split."  Which I only have about every two years.

I'm relieved to see that you're OK.  My computer shut itself down immediately after my post, I think from overheating.  It's 95 degrees here.

Psychophant

« Reply #351 on: September 01, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »

Are you moving from one house to another one?

Yes, and so is my girlfriend! 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #352 on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
Thanks Callaway. 

I'm relieved to see that you're OK.  My computer shut itself down immediately after my post, I think from overheating.  It's 95 degrees here.

Am I right in thinking most Colorado homes aren't centrally air conditioned?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #353 on: September 01, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
gonna go to bed in a minute. back to manchester tomorrow. another fun trip to Euston!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #354 on: September 01, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
Download, why u no go fasta?
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #355 on: September 01, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Download, why u no go fasta?

*quavering bleat*  Because I caaaaaaaaaaan't!  :emosad:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #356 on: September 01, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
*Sighs with relief*

EVERYTHING IS OK!!

HOPEFULLY!!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2011, 12:40:07 AM »
Thanks Callaway. 

Am I right in thinking most Colorado homes aren't centrally air conditioned?

I don't know about most homes, but mine just has an evaporative cooler on the roof.  Evaporative coolers normally work well in dry climates, but it has been unusually hot here lately. 

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
Thinking about strokes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #359 on: September 02, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »
Thinking about strokes.

For or against?