Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #14460 on: March 28, 2023, 05:26:00 PM »
She identified as transgender and a former student.

This after Tennessee bans gender-affirming care for transgender youth.

In a school that made headlines in 2015 for rejecting two students because they had two dads. Saying "homosexuality is an example of 'lifestyle conduct' it does not accept."

Get rid of the guns already...and close these toxic AF "Christian schools" while you're at it.

That's not going to happen as easily :(

Especially with the GOP and it's MAGAites having close ties with those Christian groups

We need a powerful Third Party made up of WE The People, with teeth and claws that represent what the every day people, living for a wage, raising a family, trying to buy a home, making a life they choose, doing everything they can to better their way of life ... in other words a powerful political party capable of reinstating "The American Dream" for all and for ALL.

I want someone and some things to vote FOR instead of wasting my votes to be AGAINST something clearly wrong!

I just do not know where to start.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14461 on: March 28, 2023, 07:10:28 PM »
I'd vote for you.  :zoinks:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14462 on: March 28, 2023, 07:14:07 PM »

One point seldom mentioned is that the percentage of dramatically troubled humans has skyrocketed in recent years.

How about we address THAT as an actual issue?

Has it really though or are we just seeing more of it?

Two world wars were caused by and produced some pretty dramatically troubled humans.

It doesn't get less fucked up going further in the past than that.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14463 on: March 28, 2023, 09:11:17 PM »
Talk about an intrusive thought from long ago.  Back in the 70's in college part 1, a story idea came to me.  I went to a great pizza place/bar, ordered a pizza and sat down and began to write.........I was alone of course.....and some A'HOLE comes up to me and asks if "I need to talk".  Now to give you the perspective of the time, there were a number of jesus freak cults running around the campus as well as hare krishnas and unification church cult trying to recruit vulnerable people in a predatory fashion.  So I immediately went into defensive mode.  He says "I look like I needed company"......I wasn't drinking, I was hungry and had paper in front of me and was writing furiously as the ideas came to me.  I said no, politely but firmly.  But long story short, I lost my story train of thought and never got it back.....Thanks douche bag!   :finger:  Anyway, the thought has come back and I'm not sure I can get it back as I envisioned it.  <sigh>
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14464 on: March 29, 2023, 02:24:09 PM »

One point seldom mentioned is that the percentage of dramatically troubled humans has skyrocketed in recent years.

How about we address THAT as an actual issue?

Has it really though or are we just seeing more of it?

Two world wars were caused by and produced some pretty dramatically troubled humans.

It doesn't get less fucked up going further in the past than that.

True, but I doubt that someone going in and shooting up a school would be back burnered by the Huntley-Brinkley Report, ever. Cronkite would have been on that like a robin on a worm and NEVER let it go.
Do you think Barbara Walters would have let that slide, let alone Peter Jennings?
BTW, all those are "trusted" names I became an adult listening to in order to get an inkling of what I had missed while working.

There was plenty to talk about every night, but no one heard anything about this level of BS going on these days.

So, yeah, I think something has changed and we are hearing about.

How do we fix this?

I read that the parents of this latest murderer sat and watched while he rejected his gender, blamed everyone around him for lying to him and over a short period of time, watched him buy seven different guns legally.
Maybe ask a question or two? Call for professional help?
I know he was their son, but possibly commit the bastard to constant care and have him assessed?

Everyone needs to stop knee jerking, blaming the wrong thing and have a good look at this crap.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 02:25:45 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14465 on: March 29, 2023, 02:25:36 PM »
I try to write my ideas down when I have a clear objective... lately my objectives are a little hazy because of some stupid bouts of overthinking, along with my hours being cut, and my one boss being a real "moody cut-throat bitch"

But I'll refrain from wanting to scream at her -___-

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14466 on: March 29, 2023, 02:29:50 PM »

In a school that made headlines in 2015 for rejecting two students because they had two dads. Saying "homosexuality is an example of 'lifestyle conduct' it does not accept."

Get rid of the guns already...and close these toxic AF "Christian schools" while you're at it.

Especially with the GOP and it's MAGAites having close ties with those Christian groups

We need a powerful Third Party made up of WE The People, with teeth and claws that represent what the every day people, living for a wage, raising a family, trying to buy a home, making a life they choose, doing everything they can to better their way of life ... in other words a powerful political party capable of reinstating "The American Dream" for all and for ALL.

I want someone and some things to vote FOR instead of wasting my votes to be AGAINST something clearly wrong!

I don't want just any third party to pop up out of nowhere though.... it has to be one with a clear objective that people would agree to, and not the other way around... the other way around was what happened in Europe within 1933 (years before was their first coup-attempt).

The coup attempt in the states was 1-6-2021... I might be overthinking these parallels here though -_-

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14467 on: March 29, 2023, 02:34:49 PM »
He identified as transgender, according to the LinkedIn pronouns, apparently.

Now that dipshit Benny Johnson is demonizing transgenders on twitter about it -_-

I can understand the feeling of persecution with Christians after being raised in that environment... but to claim that it was Christian Persecution is just crying foul.

I was also raised in a Christian environment, but I was not taught to hate or exclude, but rather the actual Christ message of forgive and embrace.

The notion of "If you're not with us, you're against us" within parts of the Christain religion sects are just as toxic as the accused Muslim jihadists who say something similar.

What happened?  (money)  The message was lost!

It's always money that's involved... money talks -__-

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14468 on: March 29, 2023, 02:37:16 PM »

I don't want just any third party to pop up out of nowhere though.... it has to be one with a clear objective that people would agree to, and not the other way around... the other way around was what happened in Europe within 1933 (years before was their first coup-attempt).

The coup attempt in the states was 1-6-2021... I might be overthinking these parallels here though -_-

Yeah, you got it.

That is why I said a party made up of WE The People.
And fuck it! We do not have to agree on every point. That is why we have Congress. Although, Congress should not be thought of as a career!! Term limits and prosecution for buying and selling things that you are regulating, blah, blah, blah!

Just that enough people wanting to save what is left of this country to agree on a few basic steps forward.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14469 on: March 29, 2023, 02:39:00 PM »

Yeah, you got it.

That is why I said a party made up of WE The People.
And fuck it! We do not have to agree on every point. That is why we have Congress. Although, Congress should not be thought of as a career!! Term limits and prosecution for buying and selling things that you are regulating, blah, blah, blah!

Just that enough people wanting to save what is left of this country to agree on a few basic steps forward.

So the We the people thing would be like what AOC is doing with the grassroots, but with a different approach?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14470 on: March 29, 2023, 03:18:05 PM »
How do we fix this?

Lots of things come to mind:

Gun control. You do not need that many guns, so there needs to be checks in place, regardless of my next point.

Stop guns already! You've misread that amendment, and besides it was written by people who thought slaves were fine. Do you thinks ideas are static?

And no, mentally unstable people should not be allowed to have guns! (Also, blind people should not have them either.)

Stop those churches! This will affect both guns and transgender issues. Actually, stop religions. This will be a huge win. We can then argue about ancient aliens instead.

Your kid is going to be different from you, but it's still your kid! FFS, regardless of your thoughts about pronouns and whatnot, you might as well try to hold your breath to stop climate change (that could actually work if enough people did so over a period of time but that's beside the point). Your misread of that awful compilation for the third century will not make a difference.

I could go on.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14471 on: April 01, 2023, 10:51:09 PM »
"Imagine there's no ...

... but I'm not the only one."

I am a dreamer.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #14472 on: April 02, 2023, 09:03:04 AM »
I read that the parents of this latest murderer sat and watched while he rejected his gender, blamed everyone around him for lying to him and over a short period of time, watched him buy seven different guns legally.
Maybe ask a question or two? Call for professional help?
I know he was their son, but possibly commit the bastard to constant care and have him assessed?

Once they are over the age of 18, unless you can prove without a doubt they are a harm to themselves or others your hands are basically tied. Maybe you see a red flag and call someone...crisis comes out and they act completely fine...the call is dismissed, the same rights that protect our privacy protect them too. Some of these troubled adults were former troubled kids...they know how the system works, they know what to say, and how to act, and know exactly what their rights are.

There is without a doubt a huge mental health crisis in this country. If you can find care, you might not be able to afford it...and many times it takes a long time to find that counselor or medication that helps....that's if you don't walk away in frustration after going through 10 counselors and 5 different medications. In some areas like this one counselors don't stay...can't blame them, they can't make the money they would somewhere else, they get burnt out dealing with poverty stricken rednecks with drinking and drug issues. Hell I stopped going for anxiety/panic issues years ago because for awhile I couldn't see the same person twice and every new one wanted to switch around the meds that were helping at the time for something that made me feel worse.

I'm going to echo odeon somewhat I guess...

1. Gun control, and better vetting for those who want to purchase guns.
2. Health care..."quality" affordable, accessible mental health care for everyone that needs it.
3. Rural America has at least 5 churches in every town and you sometimes travel 20+ miles to find a hospital...yeah, religion can be a comfort to some...but it needs a house-cleaning and some clearly defined boundaries or it can become caustic AF and we are seeing that in real time right now. Honestly I think it needs a warning label like tobacco and shouldn't be taught until a child reaches age 18...and then as an elective course, too many extremists warping the crap out of their kids and placing the blame on books and video games.   

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14473 on: April 02, 2023, 07:53:15 PM »
Maybe Americans need anti-lobbyists

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14474 on: April 04, 2023, 02:53:33 PM »
Maybe Americans need anti-lobbyists

FTW
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein