Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201382 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #14250 on: June 13, 2022, 06:57:05 PM »
I apparently do better on my shift when my boss isn't in the building.... damn... I'm totally afraid of her, also why the hell did I do that analogy last night and mom just laughed at me?

That is what bosses for walmart do....as for moms, tell me about it.  She stuck a knife in me more times than I can count.  No regrets that we never reconciled.  Though I did go to her grave site and forgave her, and said I was never coming back there!

I haven't been to my grandmother's gravesite... and still don't plan on it

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #14251 on: June 13, 2022, 08:12:00 PM »
I apparently do better on my shift when my boss isn't in the building.... damn... I'm totally afraid of her, also why the hell did I do that analogy last night and mom just laughed at me?

That is what bosses for walmart do....as for moms, tell me about it.  She stuck a knife in me more times than I can count.  No regrets that we never reconciled.  Though I did go to her grave site and forgave her, and said I was never coming back there!

It was something I felt the need to do.  Since reconciling in life was not in the cards.  I had ample evidence that I was in for a hellish guilt trip if I tried.  I went with my gut on this and left the gravesite without a backward glance or regret.  Glad my wife was supportive for to me.  She had done her research into Borderline Personality Mothers, talk about a blinding revelation.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14252 on: June 14, 2022, 04:01:11 PM »

It was something I felt the need to do.  Since reconciling in life was not in the cards.  I had ample evidence that I was in for a hellish guilt trip if I tried.  I went with my gut on this and left the gravesite without a backward glance or regret.  Glad my wife was supportive for to me.  She had done her research into Borderline Personality Mothers, talk about a blinding revelation.

At least you got the relief, and satisfaction you were looking for.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14253 on: June 14, 2022, 04:23:40 PM »

I am hoping you get the same as well. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14254 on: June 14, 2022, 04:25:12 PM »
Yay, my cable tv provider has finally allowed me to see Comet TV with all it's old and current Sci-fi tv and movies! 8)

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14255 on: June 14, 2022, 04:33:22 PM »

I am hoping you get the same as well.

Yeah... I'll understand more about her when the time is right.... Just not now, I hated that she was so secretive... even after she's been dead for 6 years.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14256 on: June 14, 2022, 08:03:37 PM »
Good night, children........just finished watching an original Outer Limits episode, "The man with the power" about a meek, mild college professor given incredible mental powers from a brain implant devised to help astronauts harvest essential minerals from space.  Unfortunately, these powers also tap into his inner rage, hate and frustration and allow his subconscious to destroy all that he rages against.  When he finally sees what he has become he destroys himself.  In the 50's there was a movie "Forbidden Planet" that has Earth Scientist land on a planet of an extinct race who also developed great mental powers.......unfortunately, they also didn't understand the "mindless primitive" of hate, rage and that inner rage tapped into their power and they were wiped out.  We all have that inner rage, anger and mindless desire to destroy.....look at all our world wars, look at the Ukraine and putin, trump, the domestic terrorists, al queda, etc.........I weep for humanity and the world Amber is going into........I wish I had that power, to destroy evil.....but, I wonder....would it stop there.............

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14257 on: June 15, 2022, 06:34:19 AM »
Cat is now at the vet and having a sleepover there. Tomorrow, 'surgery' to remove her poo, because apparently two enemas didn't work.
I'm not sure what it entails.
I'm supposed to go away this weekend overnight but I can't leave her at home if she has stitches or a cone of shame on.

I haven't been this worried about a child of mine since that dealership tried to hijack my car to take to a backyard panel beater.
Who knows maybe the vets will arrive in the morning and find a kaleidoscope of poo all over her little cage :poo:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14258 on: June 15, 2022, 01:54:32 PM »
I haven't seen Yoshi since yesterday... hopefully he's okay :(

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14259 on: June 15, 2022, 07:58:43 PM »
Charlotte - different vets? Poor little cat having her backside "operated" on. I hope it's not as invasive as it sounds.

Genesis - is Yoshi sterilised?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14260 on: June 16, 2022, 07:14:45 AM »
Same vet. It was kinda difficult for them to ignore again after that many days. I'm paying the price for my insistence though, I mean in literal money. I applied for VetPay/AfterPay yesterday but I'm only approved for up to $2000. They want to keep her another night

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14261 on: June 17, 2022, 07:22:32 AM »
SHE IS NOW HOME.

But won't eat all her food and hasn't done any poos yet.

Seems a bit restless.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14262 on: June 17, 2022, 01:12:00 PM »
I need to go out for a walk :-/

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14263 on: June 17, 2022, 04:20:31 PM »
SHE IS NOW HOME.

Seems a bit restless.

Hope things work out for you both.

My old doggie is doing better. Worried about his ability to make through the night a few times lately. He's almost himself. He got through it.

Good luck with all this!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14264 on: June 17, 2022, 07:59:54 PM »
SHE IS NOW HOME.

Seems a bit restless.
What was the vet diagnosis? I hope she'll be ok. :hug:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae