Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201369 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #14160 on: February 17, 2022, 09:55:00 PM »
Had a pleasant experience at Physical Therapy.... just need to work on improving from the 14%
What do you mean by 14%?

pain decreasing from the swelling on my left ankle that's taking a while to heal.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14161 on: February 19, 2022, 04:25:18 AM »
Update; curtains now look kinda adorable, with a baby blue blockout and a cream sheer overlay.
I wasn't going for baby blue but they were chucking them out at Big W for $20 a pair. By no means fashionable, but I tend towards the nanna aesthetic :P
The curtain rods look kinda whoopy though, as the rods I got couldn't hold the weight so I had to bodge things.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #14162 on: February 19, 2022, 04:48:23 AM »
Update; curtains now look kinda adorable, with a baby blue blockout and a cream sheer overlay.
I wasn't going for baby blue but they were chucking them out at Big W for $20 a pair. By no means fashionable, but I tend towards the nanna aesthetic :P
The curtain rods look kinda whoopy though, as the rods I got couldn't hold the weight so I had to bodge things.

What's the nanna aesthetic?  :orly: I think the blue might be fashionable. Light blue seems to have been an accent color trend for a while, baby blue, light turquoise, seafoam green, I call it tiffany box blue. I notice it a lot and I remember once thinking it might be popular because it looks really good online.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14163 on: February 27, 2022, 10:02:59 AM »
My trip to the UK. Feels weird to be travelling again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14164 on: February 28, 2022, 01:44:52 PM »
Mask mandate in the state isn't required anymore... still do not trust the governor's sudden move.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14165 on: February 28, 2022, 07:14:38 PM »
Mask mandate in the state isn't required anymore... still do not trust the governor's sudden move.

Which state is that?  State of delusion? 

Honestly, here in Indiana, the 'boy (bought and paid for) governor' did that same thing months ago. I still wear a mask in public, but not in my car, ffs. I have stopped with the over the face shield over my mask, used mainly for my own benefit - reminding me to NOT TOUCH MY FACE OR RUB MY EYES before I get to scrub my possibly exposed or even contaminated hands and arms.

I keep several sanitizers in my car, but all in plastic zip bags. Those damn cheap tubes they use leak like Hell! Some days I open my car and a tube has leaked out and my car smells like three drunks are passed out in the back seat and one of them puked up wine or maybe pancakes. Why do they even add scents to that stuff, anyway? :dunno: :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14166 on: March 01, 2022, 07:21:28 PM »

Which state is that?  State of delusion? 

Honestly, here in Indiana, the 'boy (bought and paid for) governor' did that same thing months ago. I still wear a mask in public, but not in my car, ffs. I have stopped with the over the face shield over my mask, used mainly for my own benefit - reminding me to NOT TOUCH MY FACE OR RUB MY EYES before I get to scrub my possibly exposed or even contaminated hands and arms.

I keep several sanitizers in my car, but all in plastic zip bags. Those damn cheap tubes they use leak like Hell! Some days I open my car and a tube has leaked out and my car smells like three drunks are passed out in the back seat and one of them puked up wine or maybe pancakes. Why do they even add scents to that stuff, anyway? :dunno: :dunno:

Illinois, so basically I'm a next door neighbor

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14167 on: March 06, 2022, 12:14:58 AM »
Do you look back at stuff you wrote, and often go "did I really write this?"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14168 on: March 06, 2022, 02:03:28 AM »

All the time.
It would usually be about personal stuff, but, when I joined this site, I made a promise to myself to keep it clean from the nonsense most try to portray themselves as being, such as the exagerated granduer (we've had some of those folk come and go, here) often turned into troll bait. Just wanted to open up to a community that shared similar daily toils and see what happens. I chose this group of misfits as a kind of extended family. Pretty sure I am not the only one who feels similarly.

When I signed up here, my kids were in first grade and kinder and we as a family were struggling with the autism paradigm. We would go to a kid park and when my kids tried to interact with others' kids, mom's would gather up thier kids and leave.
Now they're both drinking age, still living with us, but we had all kinds of trouble finding any help online for what we had just learned a few years before was not as uncommon as many think.

So, if I tell you we went to the park for a picnic and bike ride, it is for real and my impressive sound system is actually real and I can make your pant legs flap with my own designed and hand-built-by-me bi-amped subwoofer system, or that my classic car is costing me a fortune to store safely until I can enjoy it more, that is for real.

Sometimes I post about daily life and later think that I was stupid; no one esle wants to deal with this shit.

I probably did it again. :lol1:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 02:08:32 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14169 on: March 06, 2022, 08:33:56 AM »
Haven't experienced doubting writing something, but have stumbled across old posts and found some of them incomprehensible. Occasionally have mental glitches when writing, missing/omitting words, transposing words, using incorrect words, repeating/stuttering phrases, ending questions with a period, and omitting the letter s from the ending of plural words. It goes unnoticed at the time and often unnoticed upon immediately re-reading, but seeing it later has made it very questionable how anyone understood what was said. :laugh:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14170 on: March 06, 2022, 01:14:13 PM »
Haven't experienced doubting writing something, but have stumbled across old posts and found some of them incomprehensible. Occasionally have mental glitches when writing, missing/omitting words, transposing words, using incorrect words, repeating/stuttering phrases, ending questions with a period, and omitting the letter s from the ending of plural words. It goes unnoticed at the time and often unnoticed upon immediately re-reading, but seeing it later has made it very questionable how anyone understood what was said. :laugh:

The only reason why I was wondering was that I was looking at one of my unfinished rough draft manuscripts... and the story itself is weird yet very intriguing... I don't know where I am going with it, but I'll know in due time.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #14171 on: March 06, 2022, 03:23:31 PM »

The only reason why I was wondering was that I was looking at one of my unfinished rough draft manuscripts... and the story itself is weird yet very intriguing... I don't know where I am going with it, but I'll know in due time.
Thought you meant here. Though coming across a forgotten manuscript must be a cool find indeed.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #14172 on: March 06, 2022, 10:17:31 PM »

Thought you meant here. Though coming across a forgotten manuscript must be a cool find indeed.

I wasn't clear with how I asked it... oops

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14173 on: March 07, 2022, 03:44:45 PM »
Every now and then I stumble across my old writings. I have a box of stuff that I unearthed when we had to move everything in the basement in order to fix the sewage piping, and in there were some courtesy copies of some of the magazines I used to write for. I'd wondered what had happened to those.

I didn't check the articles I wrote, I just put them back and right now, I've already lost sight of the box. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14174 on: March 10, 2022, 08:11:58 AM »

One of our old co-posters had a siggy that read something like (paraphrasing):

There are no Athiests when the toilet water begins to rise.

I wish I could remember who. But, the shear brilliance still moves me nearer to laughter, then deep thought.