Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13860 on: August 03, 2021, 10:59:06 AM »
I'm hungry.

I'd offer you one of Pyraxis' cookies, but I ate them all.  :zoinks:

You must have a really interesting Smart Shaped void in your brain somewhere.
 :autism:

Come on, now, admit it! That was clever.

I blame my smart shaped void on 5G towers.  :zoinks:

Yeah, but I know it's sunspots.  And there's nothing we can do about it.
 :bigcry:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13861 on: August 04, 2021, 12:07:10 PM »
I think one day I will eventually commit suicide. So much bad luck over the past several years, and a lack of forgiveness for myself and from others.

:-\

Don't. There is always time to be dead later.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13862 on: August 07, 2021, 06:39:13 AM »
I think one day I will eventually commit suicide. So much bad luck over the past several years, and a lack of forgiveness for myself and from others.

:-\

Don't. There is always time to be dead later.

See, there we go. Odeon thought of what to do. Don't.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13863 on: August 08, 2021, 11:33:16 PM »

Today, I am glad to announce that I have reached the Statute Of Limitations for charges being filed against me for my last "bad temper" trouble. We had been arguing all day when I told my supervisor that he had NO leadership skills and could not even keep a bunch of monkeys fucking on his watch. He tried to hit me. I prevented his try and put him in the hospital in a few seconds. I was fortunate that six others were in the parking lot at the time and told the police a similar version of the events.

None of that hanging over my head anymore. Good!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13864 on: August 10, 2021, 10:32:24 AM »

Watching the "Hazmat LITE looking team" come to the house across the alleyway, strip out all the insulation and haul it away in bags they registered and recorded was a bit disturbing.
They were removing asbestos from the building before it is to be torn down, soon.

... and all this time I thought we were safe here.

:lol1:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13865 on: August 14, 2021, 06:01:27 AM »
I went to one open home today. Twas a good house, but I want to knockdown rebuild the shed down the back, as at the moment it's just a rickety old timber workshop with a shade house attached. I want a proper garage. Only problem is in order to do this I'd need to cut down some trees lining the western side fence, but they're the only things providing privacy along that side. Not many other choices on the market right now, sadly  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13866 on: August 14, 2021, 08:52:44 AM »
Getting to know some more Fire Fighters. One is my neighbor, another is on my Neighborhood Watch team, but NOW, the city has completed the processes with the owners of the house across the alley way and they are setting it up to use as Rescue Training.

They are setting the place with mannequins to have the team "rescue."

I asked what kind of fake smoke they used. They said, "WUT??"  I mentioned that if they deploy one of the Stage smoke units I used to have they would not be able to see their hand in front of their face in about ten minutes throughout that entire house and it is non toxic. They said, "WUT?!?"

They used buckets of smoldering stink. I "Face Palmed" and asked who the captain was.

i gave them a contact info for a really capable Stage smoke guy.
Can not imagine.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 08:54:55 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13867 on: August 14, 2021, 03:23:59 PM »
Thinking about what to post. Not coming up with anything.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13868 on: August 14, 2021, 08:53:32 PM »
Wondering now how firefighter training works, do they do a bunch of dry runs before they light the building on fire and do a live training? Can you light up a building more than once for that if it's put out fast enough, or is it one and done?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13869 on: August 14, 2021, 09:50:37 PM »
Wondering now how firefighter training works, do they do a bunch of dry runs before they light the building on fire and do a live training? Can you light up a building more than once for that if it's put out fast enough, or is it one and done?

They have buildings out of town that are designed with gas plumbing to burn many times, in many ways, multiple scenarios and still stand to be reused again and again.

This fire company using older dilapidated buildings the city has acquired to creepy crawl (Vincent Bugliosi reference, BTW) and rescue "mannequins" is actually a little smart. Also the dummy rescue mannequins weigh two hundred forty pounds and the firefighters are wearing eighty pounds of protective gear during the exercises.
These are tough people, working to improve themselves!!!

My idea of using stage smoke intrigued the Lt. They just always used a few buckets of shingles burning. Makes a little smoke, but I can not imagine why they have not already figured out to use a really dense fake smoke to imitate the invisibility element during training.

If I ask my neighbor anything about training he just says I could not keep up. I don't question that assumption. These guys and gals are athletes! I have a great deal of respect.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13870 on: August 19, 2021, 01:42:54 PM »
I used to fly from Heathrow a lot. There was a mostly wingless, green-painted plane fuselage between the runways. I kept wondering what it was until someone explained that it was a practice object for firefighters, rescuers and the like. Apparently it's seen a lot of action.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13871 on: August 19, 2021, 04:56:47 PM »
I'm surprised the paint survived all the fires.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13872 on: August 20, 2021, 12:02:00 PM »
I'm surprised the paint survived all the fires.

Thinking they add a fresh coat of paint every now and then. It's not like it's a decorating masterpiece or anything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13873 on: August 22, 2021, 07:10:22 AM »
The buying journey continues.

These agents don't mind a ghosting or two. Oh well it's their loss if they're not taking me seriously.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13874 on: August 24, 2021, 08:53:05 AM »
My brother has asked me to give him my old PS2. Thank god it still works. He wants to buy Singstar for my niece for her birthday.
Now I just have to find a way to get it to him, as current covid lockdowns restrict me from driving down there for the day.