Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13755 on: April 17, 2021, 08:54:21 AM »
Why is my older cat walking sideways?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13756 on: April 17, 2021, 03:32:50 PM »
I went to Vancouver in the late 90s to meet with people I'd only spoken to on a Usenet group. A friend who also attended posted some pics on FB today.

Memories and nostalgia.

Also, me being me, I went from an outspoken member of that community to a weirdo watching mostly everyone from the sidelines. I had brilliant conversations with a select few people and none at all with most others. I had no idea what "the spectrum" was, beyond ranges of wavelengths in physics.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13757 on: April 17, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »
I'm wondering how to mount this set of hexagon mirrors I got on my sneaky trip to Ikea last June.
How do I make sure they're level without drawing lines and markings all over the wall? :apondering:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13758 on: April 18, 2021, 02:42:36 AM »
I'm wondering how to mount this set of hexagon mirrors I got on my sneaky trip to Ikea last June.
How do I make sure they're level without drawing lines and markings all over the wall? :apondering:
The sticky part from command hooks are good for mounting things that aren't heavy, and painter's tape works for temporary straight lines.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13759 on: April 18, 2021, 08:01:40 AM »
OK, time to get up and get going.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13760 on: April 19, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »

Well,did you got up and got went?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13761 on: April 19, 2021, 03:43:36 PM »
I've listened to a few tube amps but never really got as far as buying one. That one looks pretty awesome, though. I especially like the output range.

But I really need to spend on a decent DAC first. My use case while working is pretty much limited to the computer, so that needs to be taken care of.

... and when you have time to peruse future Wishlist things, you ought to give that website a deeper look. He has some amazing stuff.

Even his so called "White Papers" describing his processes are a decent read most of the time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13762 on: April 19, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »
Got easily pissed off, then started listening to Depeche Mode when a family friend had to make a "Great God!" reference.

Sure... I get he is great and mighty.... but why am I stuck with religious guilt, and a paradox that keeps repeating EVERY FUCKING TWO YEARS!?!
Often I GET what you're thinking, even identify with some elements of the thought at times.

Now, not so much.
Different words, maybe?

Elemental comment; I all in with Depeche Mode, mostly.

I grew up in a religious environment... an environment which I still question, based on their political ideology and other schpeal that I cannot list...

Of course, the environment has too many different denominations in the family, especially when that family goes to a non-denominational church.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13763 on: April 20, 2021, 12:11:33 AM »

Well,did you got up and got went?

Nah. The moment passed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13764 on: April 20, 2021, 12:12:12 AM »
I've listened to a few tube amps but never really got as far as buying one. That one looks pretty awesome, though. I especially like the output range.

But I really need to spend on a decent DAC first. My use case while working is pretty much limited to the computer, so that needs to be taken care of.

... and when you have time to peruse future Wishlist things, you ought to give that website a deeper look. He has some amazing stuff.

Even his so called "White Papers" describing his processes are a decent read most of the time.

Oh, I will.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13765 on: April 24, 2021, 07:39:17 AM »
Got easily pissed off, then started listening to Depeche Mode when a family friend had to make a "Great God!" reference.

Sure... I get he is great and mighty.... but why am I stuck with religious guilt, and a paradox that keeps repeating EVERY FUCKING TWO YEARS!?!
Often I GET what you're thinking, even identify with some elements of the thought at times.

Now, not so much.
Different words, maybe?

Elemental comment; I all in with Depeche Mode, mostly.

I grew up in a religious environment... an environment which I still question, based on their political ideology and other schpeal that I cannot list...

Of course, the environment has too many different denominations in the family, especially when that family goes to a non-denominational church.

... and exactly WHY is it that many Southern Baptists refuse to fuck standing in a boat? Obviously, other people might think they were dancing. Can't have that!

There's a glimpse of the absurdity of MY religious upbringing. Many of the messages about good living and caring for others still hold strong, but some of the beliefs are straight up ridiculous.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13766 on: April 25, 2021, 03:00:52 AM »
Trying to sort out what I need to do today and what can wait.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13767 on: April 25, 2021, 06:24:58 AM »
Crush boi and his ute have proven to be unreliable. I shall instead book a kerbside rubbish pickup with council for next week.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13768 on: April 25, 2021, 06:37:56 AM »

Oh, I will.

I have actually been to his place three times over these many years. Peoria, Illinois is about three hours from where I live. He used to host a "get together" at his home every October for customers and friends. Beer, barbeque, awesome sound gear, open fire pits. What's not to love?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13769 on: April 25, 2021, 06:44:59 AM »

Becoming a daily routine for me. Taking the dog out to a park, I longchain him to a tree while I lay out on a table and stretch my back for about half an hour.  Kind of like an Old Man runty version of yoga. I find places that need stretching that I had neglected recently and it HELPS things. Often still for minutes at a time pressing into a good stretch, I am quiet.

This morning a healthy wood pecker came within about a meter of me and completely ignored me while he went about doing what makes him so different.
I feel like I have been given a rare gift.