Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201377 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13710 on: March 23, 2021, 06:37:19 PM »
There's usually a lot of birds visiting the feeders here in the winter. Not so much this year. It's been cooler than usual this year, so they may have gone somewhere warmer instead.
Ended up buying new birdseed. The weather is much nicer, so doesn't make sense there's still no birds. Began to wonder if the last batch of seed was bad somehow, so tossed it all into the lawn, cleaned the feeders and put out new seed. Seems to have done the trick.

You might have just turned your lawn into a wildflower meadow.

:lol1:
That would be welcomed. The term lawn is used very loosely for the back yard. With the exception of annual rye grass in the winter, the only grass which does well here in such dense shade is an expensive sod which has to be babied and nursed by professionals; even then chances aren't too good. If any of that seed sprouts it will be a win. :laugh: Counted nine squirrels munching this morning. Interesting how they keep their social distance from each other, 6-8 feet between each one of them. Squirrels appear to have a sizable comfort zone bubble.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13711 on: March 24, 2021, 08:48:32 AM »
 Plant Hostas, leave paths between plantings.

Screw a bunch of babied grasses.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13712 on: March 24, 2021, 12:57:25 PM »
Decided the first year here, the cost of a nice lawn isn't a financial priority. Fortunately there's a low growing basketgrass weed which takes over the shaded areas in the warmer months. Between weed season and rye season, there's a couple of months per year the yard looks more dead than alive, but that's okay.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13713 on: March 24, 2021, 04:18:55 PM »
So you can "break in" a set of headphones? I thought that the sound that comes out of them always remains the same.

Oh, child, you have such a rewarding journey set before you.

Yes, Brand New things that move require time to move a while before they relax into the best version of what they are or can be. Cars, toasters, plumbing fixtures, etc.
Headphones work by moving. Hard to see sometimes, but as they "relax" into to the way they will perform for most of their life, they change the way they sound.
Not always good, but good OR better is the hope as you "suffer"  through the break in period.

Sound equipment often gets BETTER as they get used to being used. That, in essence, is the hope, while one endures break in.

Yet there are lots of people who claim there is no such thing as break-in on headphones. They are wrong, it's that simple. I'm an audio equipment manufacturer's worst nightmare and will invariably hear if there is something wrong with the product. Ask the Sennheiser tech who eventually gave up and granted me a fresh pair.

It's sort of a curse sometimes, too, because few others will hear the difference and understand what I'm on about. Explaining what I perceive as insurmountable problems with a product is an absolute pain.

So break-in is absolutely real and actually a wonderful thing because the discovery can be amazing. Such is the case with the Dali speakers. They're not yet for critical listening but after a first, very satisfying, tuning of the Denon amp yesterday, they are getting there. Falling in love with them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13714 on: March 30, 2021, 12:18:58 AM »
^My Dali speakers are sounding better every day now. So happy with them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13715 on: March 30, 2021, 04:08:29 AM »
Boy am I tempted to text other boss guy and get his reality check started.
Crush boi has even gone as far as making up a fake girlfriend to try and swat him away, but other boss guy is instead jealous and spiteful of said fake girlfriend and his texts get even stranger.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #13716 on: March 30, 2021, 08:56:14 PM »
Glad we got our known traveler number renewed.  It does make for a bit less stress with air travel getting an easier way through security.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13717 on: March 30, 2021, 11:59:17 PM »
Air travel? I miss it, I have to say. Not the security checks, maybe, but the change of scenery. It's been more than a year since my last flight.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #13718 on: March 31, 2021, 08:16:07 AM »
Air travel? I miss it, I have to say. Not the security checks, maybe, but the change of scenery. It's been more than a year since my last flight.

Same here!  We were planning a trip to Iceland for our 30th anniversary.  But, that plan went belly up for obvious reasons.  And of course a major volcanic eruption is going on right now!   :(  At least Florida this year is looking good......once I complete my vaccinations!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13719 on: April 02, 2021, 04:26:18 AM »
Crush boi has even gone as far as making up a fake girlfriend to try and swat him away, but other boss guy is instead jealous and spiteful of said fake girlfriend and his texts get even stranger.

Crush boi has now blocked his number.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13720 on: April 03, 2021, 01:09:10 AM »
Crush boi has now blocked his number.
Yeah, I can understand that it was getting a bit much.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13721 on: April 03, 2021, 04:17:12 AM »
Need to spend time writing today.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13722 on: April 07, 2021, 03:51:02 PM »
^My Dali speakers are sounding better every day now. So happy with them.

Would love to hear them.

:turns green:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13723 on: April 07, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »

I am trying to NOT be an alarmist.

We have had notification from legal folk as advisement of the intent of the city to take our house and  property under Eminent Domain laws.

For eight years this has been hanging over our heads, with the city trying to decide which avenue gets the big bucks AND exactly where to locate the new bridge across the White River in central Indiana.

It seems to have culminated in sixteen houses in our immediate vicinity to be torn down and a road dramatically expanded. Ours is one of those sixteen.

My Alarm revolves around the need to get LIFE things narrowed down to our most needed Priorities, packed up and ready to relocate.

The Sheriff is supposed to make formal all homeowner notifications during spring and summer, fall the land acquisitions are to take place and in February of next year the utility work is to begin.
My Alarm is about getting ready to minimize "truama" during the abandonment of a dwelling and many of its wonderments, which we have occupied since 1996.

The TIME has come.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #13724 on: April 07, 2021, 08:25:39 PM »
Fuuuck Dawg, truama indeed.  :poo:

Wishing you the calm and the mental energy to be ready.  :headhurts:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse: