Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13695 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:36 PM »
Incels, maybe the reason why things are shit for you is due to toxic expectations of masculinity, not women.  :tard:

Sorry, seen too many "women just don't like nice guys" kind of posts as of late.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13696 on: March 20, 2021, 06:11:31 AM »
Thinking about sound. Replacement headphones arrived today and my new desktop speakers are starting to sound decent now. Time to run some pink noise through that system soon.
I think about sound often.

What did you get?

I haven't upgraded headphones in a few years. Mine are sounding solid still, but showing signs of "USE" to be gracious. Kind of leaning into the market and mostly finding stylish products I don't even want to try.

Last year I spent some time playing with my computer speakers, Linear array driven by tube power (never satisfied with the subwoofer matching) and went back to my Almost Twenty Year Old Yamaha set up.

I have a set of Klipsch Pro Media, a few years old. I put them in the bedroom.
What are you breaking in?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13697 on: March 20, 2021, 06:16:56 AM »
The scale my family has at home is off by 20 lbs (not sure the ratio in kg to be honest)

We have no scale that I trust, but it seems as if my faulty belt continues to stretch.

I have one of those too. Rotten quality, that's what it is.

I have considered an attempt at assessing some of those calamitous tape measuring tools. Should we start to "trust" one over another when they all tell the same lie?

Need a new belt, though.  Either that or I am going to have to start wearing a sword to complete the look.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:18:32 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13698 on: March 20, 2021, 06:20:37 AM »
There's usually a lot of birds visiting the feeders here in the winter. Not so much this year. It's been cooler than usual this year, so they may have gone somewhere warmer instead.
Ended up buying new birdseed. The weather is much nicer, so doesn't make sense there's still no birds. Began to wonder if the last batch of seed was bad somehow, so tossed it all into the lawn, cleaned the feeders and put out new seed. Seems to have done the trick.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13699 on: March 20, 2021, 06:51:54 AM »
That stinks a kind deed turned into an offensive demand. Because of that, doubt there will even be a thank you. It was still a very nice thing to do.

I decided not to even communicate with them. I did get a threatening response from a Shieldmaiden looking, huge woman and, realizing that there must be more than Daddy's Old Book family value here, I turned the entire mess over to a law firm I've worked with in the past.

Now, I don't have to be involved while this gets sorted between those who give a shit.
 :dunno:

If she hadn't threatened me, sent an officer of the court, avoided talking to me personally,  I would have given it to them. They sent the Law, so now the Law has it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13700 on: March 20, 2021, 06:56:57 AM »

I am not normally one to be so litigious, but you send the law after THIS old cowboy, you'll find out he's been to a legal rodeo or two before and can still ride.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13701 on: March 20, 2021, 07:10:38 AM »
One "newish" expression has begun to get under my skin, to put it mildly.

I was in a store, rare occurrence these days for me and a manager said, "Oh, just leave it.  We have people for that."

A few days ago, I was getting gas and I heard another patron say, "Why don't they have people for that?"

This phrase disgusts me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:12:48 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13702 on: March 21, 2021, 07:33:21 AM »
That stinks a kind deed turned into an offensive demand. Because of that, doubt there will even be a thank you. It was still a very nice thing to do.

I decided not to even communicate with them. I did get a threatening response from a Shieldmaiden looking, huge woman and, realizing that there must be more than Daddy's Old Book family value here, I turned the entire mess over to a law firm I've worked with in the past.

Now, I don't have to be involved while this gets sorted between those who give a shit.

If she hadn't threatened me, sent an officer of the court, avoided talking to me personally,  I would have given it to them. They sent the Law, so now the Law has it.
That sounds wise.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #13703 on: March 21, 2021, 07:37:12 AM »
There's usually a lot of birds visiting the feeders here in the winter. Not so much this year. It's been cooler than usual this year, so they may have gone somewhere warmer instead.
Ended up buying new birdseed. The weather is much nicer, so doesn't make sense there's still no birds. Began to wonder if the last batch of seed was bad somehow, so tossed it all into the lawn, cleaned the feeders and put out new seed. Seems to have done the trick.
The squirrels seem happy with the large amount of seed which was scattered about. Looked out the back door window this morning to see six on the ground munching away, while two more watched enviously from the lower branches of one of the trees.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13704 on: March 21, 2021, 06:15:35 PM »
I really should go though the freezer because garbage pick-up is Tuesday.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13705 on: March 22, 2021, 05:21:16 PM »
Thinking about sound. Replacement headphones arrived today and my new desktop speakers are starting to sound decent now. Time to run some pink noise through that system soon.
I think about sound often.

What did you get?

I haven't upgraded headphones in a few years. Mine are sounding solid still, but showing signs of "USE" to be gracious. Kind of leaning into the market and mostly finding stylish products I don't even want to try.

Last year I spent some time playing with my computer speakers, Linear array driven by tube power (never satisfied with the subwoofer matching) and went back to my Almost Twenty Year Old Yamaha set up.

I have a set of Klipsch Pro Media, a few years old. I put them in the bedroom.
What are you breaking in?

I so wanted to get hold of the Klipsch Pro Media but they're impossible to find here. My next idea was to buy a pair of Audioengine A5+ but they had delivery problems so I gave up on them.

I briefly considered a pair of Klipsch R-51Ms before settling on a pair of Dali Spektor 2s, powered by a leftover Denon 1912 AVR I had lying around. The Dalis are very, very clean down to about 58 Hz or so, so I found an age-old Pioneer sub to add some oomph below that. The Pioneer isn't clean at all but it'll do until I can get a decent sub. I might test the Cambridge Soundworks sub that remains from the system that died on me. The speaker outputs from that are dead but the sub still lives. It's 20+ years old by now.

The Dalis are a great buy and it feels like they're beginning to break in now so I'll probably tune the Denon soon.

The new(-ish) headphones are a pair of Sennheiser Pxc 550 II that I got to replace a pair of Bose ANCs I never really liked. Both are meant for travel purposes only. For home listening I tend to go with AKGs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13706 on: March 23, 2021, 01:03:44 AM »
So you can "break in" a set of headphones? I thought that the sound that comes out of them always remains the same.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13707 on: March 23, 2021, 04:08:56 PM »

That sounds wise.

Seemed like the best way to get my inbox a rest. Nothing from them when I had a soft heart about it. NOW, I can see why we are just now auctioning off the old bastards last things. I do not want to be a part of some goofy family struggle for dominance.

My Law Dawg tells me that I have all it takes to prove ownership of the manuscript to any court.  I have decided to keep it.

FUCK THEM!!!   They want to try to act shit and force something out of me, I won't play.

I was actually feeling very christian-like when this started. I mean I just wanted the classic record collection and bid on tools, just because someone else was and it was going for WAY TOO LOW. I didn't really care about the old tool cabinets. One of those old cabinets turned out to be a Browning gunsafe, BTW. It was the only thing in the lot that I could see when I bid. It stood wide open, hinting that all the other boxes were empty. Not the case. The other three were full of tools. Nothing great, just old tools which I collect.
Didn't even realize I was bidding on a Browning product.

Anyway, the other bidder gave up and another started for, presumably, the same reason I had bid on the boxes. NOT going to allow some random asshole to get TOO much of a bargain on something I have a passing fancy toward.

It truly was a great day.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13708 on: March 23, 2021, 04:27:02 PM »
So you can "break in" a set of headphones? I thought that the sound that comes out of them always remains the same.

Oh, child, you have such a rewarding journey set before you.

Yes, Brand New things that move require time to move a while before they relax into the best version of what they are or can be. Cars, toasters, plumbing fixtures, etc.
Headphones work by moving. Hard to see sometimes, but as they "relax" into to the way they will perform for most of their life, they change the way they sound.
Not always good, but good OR better is the hope as you "suffer"  through the break in period.

Sound equipment often gets BETTER as they get used to being used. That, in essence, is the hope, while one endures break in.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13709 on: March 23, 2021, 04:32:17 PM »

You might have just turned your lawn into a wildflower meadow.

:lol1: