Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201395 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13425 on: October 09, 2020, 11:42:33 PM »
I went on a site called Bravissimo (bra site based in the UK) and bought a sports bra. Then I found out when money was taken out of my bank account that I had bought 3 of the same bra. Well I just hope that they fit me!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13426 on: October 10, 2020, 02:31:03 AM »
You could also point it out to them and ask them to cancel two of them and get a refund.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13427 on: October 10, 2020, 03:36:59 AM »
Daylight savings time has started again in NSW but my cats are still on non-DST schedule as far as meowing to be fed.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #13428 on: October 18, 2020, 08:49:20 PM »
Knew that one of these days, I was gonna be sick being exposed to so many people. Now, my body feels like giving up. Haven't felt like that since corona.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #13429 on: October 19, 2020, 12:11:22 AM »
The job market is fucked right now.  :tinfoil:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13430 on: October 19, 2020, 12:31:27 AM »
I don't like Mondays.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13431 on: October 19, 2020, 12:42:56 AM »
I went on a site called Bravissimo (bra site based in the UK) and bought a sports bra. Then I found out when money was taken out of my bank account that I had bought 3 of the same bra. Well I just hope that they fit me!

If you challenge the payment, keep a record of any correspondence you have with them and contact your bank if you are not satisfied with the outcome.

Yes, some online retailers are very scammy and will send and charge for multiple items when you have only purchased one. If bravissimo have a record of doing this, your bank will likely know about it and give you a refund, no questions asked.

This happened to my wife a couple of years ago, she ordered something online and they sent several items through and started adding ongoing fees and stuff. I made sure she challenged it properly with her bank and she got 100% back as well as being able to keep the items.

Also never pay for anything online using those "secure payment methods" where you have to log into your online banking account. This is a red flag that it's scammy, because once you do that then it becomes much more difficult to claim a refund. Normally you can claim a refund and it is the responsibility of the retailer to prove that everything is above board, but if you've used a secure payment method like I mentioned above, it's up to YOU to prove that you got scammed.

Many people actually think the opposite, that a secure payment method protects them. Unless your bank is a dodgy 3rd world bank that doesn't give refunds for credit card fraud, it's the opposite: a standard credit card payment where you just enter your card details is by far the safest way to pay for something online.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13432 on: October 19, 2020, 01:06:55 AM »
Also always check reviews. Here is one set of reviews I found:
https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/bravissimo

Things to watch out for with online reviews:
* Big discrepancies, fantastic reviews mixed with terrible reviews. Particularly when the good reviews look formulaic. This can mean that the retailer is paying for those fantastic reviews.
* Good reviews suddenly turning to terrible reviews: this can mean that the retailer is sourcing their products differently, or the retailer was only marginally profitable or unprofitable and was quietly sold to a scammy operator who will take advantage of the retailers good reputation to scam as many people as possible.

Dodgy online retailers rely on giving customers the runaround when they complain about an issue. They are relying on you not knowing how to lodge a chargeback with your bank. A lot of people don't actually know that they can get a refund when they have an issue with an online purchase.

Dodgy online retailers will hide additional purchase details in the terms and conditions (that almost nobody ever reads). I remember when I was putting together guides for small online merchants for a new product the company I worked for was putting together, I had no idea what I was doing so I pulled up a bunch of online merchant guides from various banks. And that was one of the main pieces of advice they gave for merchants to reduce the risk of being hit with chargebacks. Don't hide fees or subscriptions or anything like that in the terms and conditions because if you do, you can get hit with chargebacks (refunds to the cardholder). And it's the cardholder's bank that primarily decides whether to issue the refund (at the merchant's expense), so if it even looks like the merchant is trying to hide a cost or a fee, they don't have a leg to stand on when the cardholder asks for a refund.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13433 on: October 19, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »
Hmm, I kind of want the three bras. It will mean that I don't have to buy another one for a long time.

I appreciate what you've written though, it's interesting and I've learnt a lot. :plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13434 on: October 20, 2020, 11:32:37 PM »
I can't think. I hate Wednesdays. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #13435 on: October 21, 2020, 02:08:16 AM »
Tell me why.

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why.

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why.

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoo-ooo-oo-ooo-ooo-ooot, the whole day down.

< piano break >
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #13436 on: October 21, 2020, 02:22:37 AM »
I can't think. I hate Wednesdays. :P

I see where your week is heading. 

Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13437 on: October 21, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
:LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #13438 on: October 21, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »
The video isn't available in my country. I feel so left out. :violin:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13439 on: October 21, 2020, 11:37:55 PM »
They don't let just anyone watch it.

- Albert Einstein