Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201948 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #13380 on: August 28, 2020, 09:15:47 PM »
I'm tired and fed up.  Too much fakery, too  much hate, too much.......everything
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13381 on: August 29, 2020, 01:19:42 AM »
Can't decide what to carry on drinking tonight. This kind of dilemma I can live with.  :lol1:

It's an important decision, though. What was the outcome?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13382 on: August 29, 2020, 01:20:52 AM »
Thinking about parts catalogues.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #13383 on: August 29, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »
Thinking about what to do next about this pesky ebay seller - I've sent him amiga stuff for repair (he offers various repair services and seemed to be reputable due to what others have said) about a month ago, haven't heard a word since. Sent him a message a week ago, haven't had any response.

There's nearly £300 worth of amiga parts that was sent, all meticulously wrapped and itemised in a document with the order number for repair, confirmed to have been received via tracking. Could have repaired it myself, but my SMT soldering skills are not up to scratch.

If there are delays due to the pandemic, then fine, I'd understand. Still, it's frustrating that I've had no update or word of anything, not even an idea of an ETA so I can wait patiently. I hate doing this, I'm not the kind of person who would be deemed a "karen", but I feel that I need to put my foot down if I get no word by next week.

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #13384 on: August 29, 2020, 07:28:10 PM »
Can't decide what to carry on drinking tonight. This kind of dilemma I can live with.  :lol1:

It's an important decision, though. What was the outcome?

i went with Highland Park 12. I think it was the right call. :glug:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13385 on: August 29, 2020, 09:37:53 PM »
Thinking about what to do next about this pesky ebay seller - I've sent him amiga stuff for repair (he offers various repair services and seemed to be reputable due to what others have said) about a month ago, haven't heard a word since. Sent him a message a week ago, haven't had any response.

There's nearly £300 worth of amiga parts that was sent, all meticulously wrapped and itemised in a document with the order number for repair, confirmed to have been received via tracking. Could have repaired it myself, but my SMT soldering skills are not up to scratch.

If there are delays due to the pandemic, then fine, I'd understand. Still, it's frustrating that I've had no update or word of anything, not even an idea of an ETA so I can wait patiently. I hate doing this, I'm not the kind of person who would be deemed a "karen", but I feel that I need to put my foot down if I get no word by next week.
That's absolutely a reasonable request. The least the seller could do is acknowledge they received your email even if they don't know yet when it will be repaired. The silence is unnerving.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13386 on: August 30, 2020, 02:09:44 AM »
Now thinking about eBay.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13387 on: August 30, 2020, 03:37:32 PM »
I wish pressing the easy button was a thing that actually worked
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #13388 on: August 30, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »

That's absolutely a reasonable request. The least the seller could do is acknowledge they received your email even if they don't know yet when it will be repaired. The silence is unnerving.

I'll wait another week for a response and I'll then make a follow up message. I found their main site, so I'll likely contact there too. If I hear no other word after that, I'll bring it up with ebay and see from there.

I'm thinking there is more to the story that I'm not aware of - they have a pretty good trustpilot score and people have been recommending them left, right and centre, so I don't think it's a normal case of poor communication or incompetence. Likely something fell through the cracks along the way.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13389 on: August 30, 2020, 08:04:42 PM »

I'll wait another week for a response and I'll then make a follow up message. I found their main site, so I'll likely contact there too. If I hear no other word after that, I'll bring it up with ebay and see from there.

I'm thinking there is more to the story that I'm not aware of - they have a pretty good trustpilot score and people have been recommending them left, right and centre, so I don't think it's a normal case of poor communication or incompetence. Likely something fell through the cracks along the way.
That's good. I hope you get some answers.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13390 on: August 30, 2020, 08:55:03 PM »
Holy Shit....

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13391 on: August 31, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »
Nothing holy about it. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13392 on: August 31, 2020, 07:23:34 PM »
Unless it happens on a Sunday
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13393 on: September 01, 2020, 06:25:20 AM »
Ahh, I just found out why that little house a while ago sold for so cheap. The double bay shed at the back was not approved by council :laugh:
But I remember looking the property up in the DA search on my local council's site and seeing something. Oh well.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #13394 on: September 01, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »
Yoshi is too attached to me.