Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12945 on: June 02, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »

I do not have the time or the crayons to explain this in a way that you will understand.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12946 on: June 02, 2020, 10:15:46 AM »
Looking forward to my yoga studio hopefully opening soon.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12947 on: June 02, 2020, 11:34:31 AM »
It's hard to watch a family member get jumped on by my friends for his stupid remarks. He brought it on himself and the convo needs to happen but shit is blowing up on my wall.

Try unfollowing the worst offenders and make a statement that enough is enough at some point.  Time to issue a warning.
I won't because the convos need to happen. People are learning even if they don't realize it yet.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12948 on: June 02, 2020, 02:13:02 PM »
It's hard to watch a family member get jumped on by my friends for his stupid remarks. He brought it on himself and the convo needs to happen but shit is blowing up on my wall.

Try unfollowing the worst offenders and make a statement that enough is enough at some point.  Time to issue a warning.
I won't because the convos need to happen. People are learning even if they don't realize it yet.
That's a great attitude :)  :plus:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12949 on: June 02, 2020, 07:36:16 PM »
My parents aren't big fans of Yoga because of the Hinduism elements involved

(long story short... my family used to live in the region of the world .__. up north of Islamabad)

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12950 on: June 02, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »
I've done so well not having a smoke or getting drunk up until this point.....  :facepalm2:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12951 on: June 03, 2020, 02:50:37 AM »
It's never too late getting drunk. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12952 on: June 03, 2020, 08:44:04 AM »
~~
 /
___

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12953 on: June 03, 2020, 05:27:57 PM »
Somebody had a chance and they blew it.  Like a bully in high school pounding my face and saying; "Stop making me hit you."  Here it's "Stop making me MOCK you."  The amusement never ends!  BTW, I gave up crayons long ago.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12954 on: June 03, 2020, 05:45:40 PM »
My emotions make me feel like an idiot... Not the main character from a DOSTOYEVSKY novel... yet close enough -_-

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12955 on: June 03, 2020, 09:59:13 PM »
Somebody had a chance and they blew it.  Like a bully in high school pounding my face and saying; "Stop making me hit you."  Here it's "Stop making me MOCK you."  The amusement never ends!  BTW, I gave up crayons long ago.   8)

My crayon comment was not directed at anyone here. Something I kind of hatcheted together after too much time on the internet. Nothing more than humor was intended.

Going back now to trying to not interact with you as per your request.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12956 on: June 03, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »
Um....... should I? Or should I not?

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12957 on: June 04, 2020, 12:33:23 AM »
The irony of Trump threatening to send in the military while criticising China for doing the same in Hong Kong.

This article is very good, written about the unrest in the US in the same style that arrest elsewhere in the world gets reported:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/if-war-correspondents-reported-on-the-american-protests-in-the-same-way-they-reported-on-protests-in-other-countries
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12958 on: June 04, 2020, 06:30:03 AM »
Wow. Very well written
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12959 on: June 04, 2020, 08:57:36 AM »
The irony of Trump threatening to send in the military while criticising China for doing the same in Hong Kong.

This article is very good, written about the unrest in the US in the same style that arrest elsewhere in the world gets reported:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/if-war-correspondents-reported-on-the-american-protests-in-the-same-way-they-reported-on-protests-in-other-countries

Obviously, the ones closely watching his mindspace are standing ready to apply checks and balances.

As with any executive officer, he has a lot of "tools" in his toolbox. The question boils down to something along the lines of, with all the things he could use to try to improve order, why is a large hammer the first thing he grabs out of his toolbox?

Many applauding some of his his results have also questioned his methods.
Trust me, there a great number of Constitution protecting folk waiting and watching from BOTH sides of our national political body in case any measures taken are left in place too long.

He is just a sitting president. He is not King.

Editorial content withstanding or not, that article kicks ass.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:34:16 AM by DirtDawg »