Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201379 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12930 on: May 30, 2020, 08:27:30 AM »
It's service time for my car again. Want to DIY the oil change again, but there's a few things on the service schedule I cant do, like the brake fluid. Debating whether it's even needed.
And how do I DIY adjust the parking brake?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12931 on: May 30, 2020, 03:26:42 PM »
It's service time for my car again. Want to DIY the oil change again, but there's a few things on the service schedule I cant do, like the brake fluid. Debating whether it's even needed.
And how do I DIY adjust the parking brake?

Do not know what car you have, but the main service ever required of brake fluid on any car is to keep the fluid reservoir full. Anything more than that requires disassembly and flushing of the entire fluid system and replacement with new fluid. On a street driven car that is usually done when major brake service is already required, but not always since brake fluid lasts for years.

As far as most parking brakes, they are mechanical and again, rarely need adjustment. In case they do, it is most often as simple as taking slack out of a steel cable that connects the lever inside the car to the rear brake actuating mechanism. Connection points are adjustable.
Some cars are different, but that is the gist.

Fixing your own car is very cool and hawt.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12932 on: May 30, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »
I haven't been able to think about my own life or my own circumstances for some time, before I even get the chance to, always end up thinking about my friend before myself.

At the same time, I love taking care of her.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12933 on: May 31, 2020, 01:08:03 AM »
Thinking I'd need to buy a couple of new shirts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12934 on: May 31, 2020, 04:44:23 AM »
After the past few days, I miss my droning, mind draining pandemic updates.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12935 on: May 31, 2020, 03:57:23 PM »
I'm thinking that it's amazing how beautiful things can come from broken moments.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12936 on: May 31, 2020, 04:57:24 PM »
This tune by Tom Lehrer back in the 60's seems to be relevant today......
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12937 on: June 01, 2020, 03:10:34 AM »
Hurricane season starts in three days, so I'm thinking about hoarding stuff.  :zoinks:
hope you're not too late for the "dunny paper" :laugh:

Hopefully, that idiocy is over for now.
I went into the store where my son works at 7AM when they opened and the disposable paper goods aisle was fully stocked. Even a large variety of TP and PT on the shelves. Only aisle in rough shape was the alcohol, hand sanitizers etc. Even the "disinfectant aisle"  was in good shape. Hope the same for everyone.

I was on a mission for a bag of potatoes. I also bought some spray Lysol.

Yes, I wore a mask in public.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12938 on: June 01, 2020, 05:29:14 AM »
A glimpse at the news lifted my spirits for a change.
I have to tip my hat to the county sheriff in Flint, MI, who laid down his baton, took off his helmet and bullet proof vest, crossed his own police line and joined the protesters as a law enforcement officer. Others followed.
No violence, no arrests, no vandalism; just a huge crowd of people coming together for a common cause, partly lead by a fairly wise man.

CORRECTION TO ABOVE:
After seeing the actual video, that sheriff was still wearing his bulletproof vest and most of his police gear. Still very balzy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:51:59 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12939 on: June 01, 2020, 05:48:36 AM »

I do not know if it took a large pair of shiny metal ones or a wheel barrow full of big hairy ones, but similar actions took place in several other places.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12940 on: June 01, 2020, 12:10:23 PM »
A glimpse at the news lifted my spirits for a change.
I have to tip my hat to the county sheriff in Flint, MI, who laid down his baton, took off his helmet and bullet proof vest, crossed his own police line and joined the protesters as a law enforcement officer. Others followed.
No violence, no arrests, no vandalism; just a huge crowd of people coming together for a common cause, partly lead by a fairly wise man.

CORRECTION TO ABOVE:
After seeing the actual video, that sheriff was still wearing his bulletproof vest and most of his police gear. Still very balzy.

just seen that on British News, It lifted my spirits too :)

I do not know if it took a large pair of shiny metal ones or a wheel barrow full of big hairy ones, but similar actions took place in several other places.

:lol1:   :plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12941 on: June 02, 2020, 12:07:06 AM »
The irony of Trump threatening to send in the military while criticising China for doing the same in Hong Kong.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12942 on: June 02, 2020, 07:17:49 AM »
It's hard to watch a family member get jumped on by my friends for his stupid remarks. He brought it on himself and the convo needs to happen but shit is blowing up on my wall.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12943 on: June 02, 2020, 08:00:24 AM »
It's hard to watch a family member get jumped on by my friends for his stupid remarks. He brought it on himself and the convo needs to happen but shit is blowing up on my wall.

Try unfollowing the worst offenders and make a statement that enough is enough at some point.  Time to issue a warning.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12944 on: June 02, 2020, 08:20:50 AM »
I was just looking at my newsfeed all of them will be hidden as I am trying to cut down on the tidal wave of hate and rage that is seemingly endless.