Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201435 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12885 on: May 24, 2020, 09:19:05 PM »
I always have grand plans on my day off and I also do exactly none of it
Maybe better not to plan, then to later consider what didn't get done. Cleaned and organized the drawers and cabinets of one bathroom today. It only took an hour or so, though feel quite accomplished. :laugh:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12886 on: May 25, 2020, 06:58:01 AM »
Maybe better not to plan, then to later consider what didn't get done. Cleaned and organized the drawers and cabinets of one bathroom today. It only took an hour or so, though feel quite accomplished. :laugh:
True. But I'm naturally a planner. Every day has a list of things I need to get done and on Sundays I like to do the things I don't normally do for myself. Stitching, reading, watch a documentary I know no one else here will like or watch with me etc. But I always end up sleeping, reading a little bit and screwing around online. Feels like a waste of a day but maybe I need to adjust to what feels like lack of productivity and just accept that doing less for a day is good for me.  :dunno: I also clearly overthink everything  :facepalm2:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12887 on: May 25, 2020, 07:06:49 AM »
True. But I'm naturally a planner. Every day has a list of things I need to get done and on Sundays I like to do the things I don't normally do for myself. Stitching, reading, watch a documentary I know no one else here will like or watch with me etc. But I always end up sleeping, reading a little bit and screwing around online. Feels like a waste of a day but maybe I need to adjust to what feels like lack of productivity and just accept that doing less for a day is good for me.  :dunno: I also clearly overthink everything  :facepalm2:
I see. Didn't realize it was planning of leisure activity. :laugh:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12888 on: May 25, 2020, 08:01:20 AM »
This whole conversation made me realize I put way too much pressure on myself about productivity. The other 6 days of the week I'm working, cleaning, organizing, cooking parenting. This always happens when I have these convos with you. It turns to some kind of light bulb moment about myself.

**that moment when you realize Jack is your therapist**  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12889 on: May 25, 2020, 10:07:17 AM »
Carla and I decided to take a nice morning walk in the park to see and smell the Lilacs.  I love Lilacs!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12890 on: May 25, 2020, 10:37:31 AM »
I sat in the grass and watched the big fat fuzzy bumblebees go about their business in the garden. They're my favourite.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #12891 on: May 25, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
Bumblebees are cool.  :agreed:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12892 on: May 25, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »
This whole conversation made me realize I put way too much pressure on myself about productivity. The other 6 days of the week I'm working, cleaning, organizing, cooking parenting. This always happens when I have these convos with you. It turns to some kind of light bulb moment about myself.

How unfortunate. :laugh: Can completely understand a preference for planning, always knowing the plan, and even getting annoyed when people don't stick to the plan. Though planning how to waste time properly does seem like a lot of pressure.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12893 on: May 25, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »

How unfortunate. :laugh: Can completely understand a preference for planning, always knowing the plan, and even getting annoyed when people don't stick to the plan. Though planning how to waste time properly does seem like a lot of pressure.
I'm so good at putting pressure on myself. It's basically my other super power :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12894 on: May 25, 2020, 12:23:43 PM »
I sat in the grass and watched the big fat fuzzy bumblebees go about their business in the garden. They're my favourite.

Yep, the buzzing of Bumble bees is a joy to watch.  They love the tomato plant flowers as well as the cucumber flowers.  And they never bother me when I tending to the plants.  They just move on to the next flower!    :bee:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12895 on: May 25, 2020, 12:38:03 PM »

Yep, the buzzing of Bumble bees is a joy to watch.  They love the tomato plant flowers as well as the cucumber flowers.  And they never bother me when I tending to the plants.  They just move on to the next flower!    :bee:
I was at a gas station once and a bumblebee was looking for a place to land but didn't like the cold of the metal on the gas pump so I put my hand out and it landed in my palm, cleaned itself off and then left. It was such a pure moment.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12896 on: May 25, 2020, 12:49:46 PM »

I was at a gas station once and a bumblebee was looking for a place to land but didn't like the cold of the metal on the gas pump so I put my hand out and it landed in my palm, cleaned itself off and then left. It was such a pure moment.

Awesome!   :2thumbsup:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12897 on: May 25, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
Ah ha, i think I may have got someone to get themselves on here instead of WP. This should be.... Interesting.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12898 on: May 25, 2020, 03:32:51 PM »
Ah ha, i think I may have got someone to get themselves on here instead of WP. This should be.... Interesting.
That's awesome.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12899 on: May 25, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »
Thinking that my local "friend" will never see a penny of the SBA loan he has applied for to keep his pizza joint up and running.

His application was sent back with instructions to correct the typing errors. His last name was highlighted.
Not really Doxxing  here, but his name is Mickinsy, NOT McKenzy.

He is not Scott! Sure he wears his share and then some of plaid at inappropriate times and you often have to read some stupid shit written on his knee high socks, but he is Irish. He spells his name like a fucking mick.

Not sure how to help him with this crap. My dad got an SBA loan once back in the eighties, but it took a while. This nonsense seems ridiculous.

The man just wants to make a living making pizza and I try to support his efforts as often as I can.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.