Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201385 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12675 on: April 09, 2020, 04:05:23 PM »
My grocery store is being really stingy with the eggs. I get it that eggs last about a month, but I figure people who want a whole months worth of eggs probably have them by now. They were limiting people to buying two dozen before, but the last time I went the limit was one. They're just making me go out more often.  >:(
:gopher:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12676 on: April 09, 2020, 04:17:36 PM »
I tried to listen to the orange moron's press briefing yesterday but gave up after a minute or two. The man has no vocabulary to speak of.

You forgot to add, no shame, either.  It's a constant "pat myself" on the back rambling monologue.  Hearing his voice will drive me out of the room or grab my BOSE noise cancelling ear phone.
I can't stomach it. He freaks out any time the media questions anything about why he has handled it the way he has and he shuts them down in the most immature ways. It's ridiculous.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12677 on: April 09, 2020, 04:33:56 PM »
I tried to listen to the orange moron's press briefing yesterday but gave up after a minute or two. The man has no vocabulary to speak of.

You forgot to add, no shame, either.  It's a constant "pat myself" on the back rambling monologue.  Hearing his voice will drive me out of the room or grab my BOSE noise cancelling ear phone.
I can't stomach it. He freaks out any time the media questions anything about why he has handled it the way he has and he shuts them down in the most immature ways. It's ridiculous.

And now he is on the air spreading his manure!  My inner Cthulhu is straining at it's crypt and so wanting to destroy him and his acolytes.

:headexplode:  We used to have a Cthulhu emoticon..........<sigh> its gone now!    :(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12678 on: April 09, 2020, 05:02:53 PM »
The United Kingdom has no record of who has recovered?
Nearly half a million people have the virus in the US.
Italy has the highest death rate.

I read the numbers in New York City may be under reported as of yet, because there's been a spike over the past couple of weeks of people dying at home and they have to now be tested. That's probably happening other places too.  :dunno:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12679 on: April 10, 2020, 01:47:33 AM »

Yup, no shame whatsoever. No problems lying and contradicting everyone including himself. But what really struck me was his utterly limited vocabulary, like a 5-yo trying to explain what he saw on television.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12680 on: April 11, 2020, 02:19:21 PM »
2 days later as odeon (and many others) predicted. The US now has the highest death count. With over 20,000 deaths.

Edit: Thanks Jack for the correction.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:54:40 PM by SBI_Patience »
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #12681 on: April 11, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »

I read the numbers in New York City may be under reported as of yet, because there's been a spike over the past couple of weeks of people dying at home and they have to now be tested. That's probably happening other places too.  :dunno:

Yes, infact in London in the UK is pretty much the same. There has been a spike in death counts there too. Maybe the same in many other cities. The advice that the UK government suggests that we could easily deal with the coronavirus as many would have mild symptoms unless it becomes critical, hence why I suggest there is so much more people that have it but is unreported.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12682 on: April 11, 2020, 02:49:26 PM »
2 days later as odeon (and many others) predicted. The US now has the highest death rate. With over 20,000 deaths.
Highest death count, not rate. It's like those saying the US is testing more than everyone else. While it's true the US has administered the highest count of tests; the US ranks seventh in testing per populace. Words have meaning.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #12683 on: April 11, 2020, 06:44:55 PM »

Yes, infact in London in the UK is pretty much the same. There has been a spike in death counts there too. Maybe the same in many other cities. The advice that the UK government suggests that we could easily deal with the coronavirus as many would have mild symptoms unless it becomes critical, hence why I suggest there is so much more people that have it but is unreported.

I meant deaths in New York City. A lot of deaths haven't yet been tested because they didn't die in the hospital. I don't really expect the number of infected to be anywhere accurate, unless it were possible to test everyone.  :dunno:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12684 on: April 12, 2020, 03:55:19 AM »
2 days later as odeon (and many others) predicted. The US now has the highest death rate. With over 20,000 deaths.
Highest death count, not rate. It's like those saying the US is testing more than everyone else. While it's true the US has administered the highest count of tests; the US ranks seventh in testing per populace. Words have meaning.

:indeed:

the thought that the death rate was gonna be under-reported over here struck me immediately I tried to get advice from 111 (being amongst the earliest suspected covid-19 cases in the UK). i was shunted onto an automated system which advised me self-isolate for a week, and to call back if symptoms got worse, or if they  failed to get better by then. They didn't even want to know who i was or where i lived, or anything whatsoever about me, in fact.  bet they didn;t even keep count of thenumber of  callers. 

It's not a nice thought at all, but i'm sure there must be  untold numbers who took a sudden turn for the worse during self-isolation and whose bodies remain, not only untested but also  undiscoverd.

Looking online, at that time, i found that my city had three conformed cases and laughed at the meaningessness of that info. We all knew that there were not enough testing kits to test even the NHS front line workers , so big sursprise there were any recorded  cases at all
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:59:54 AM by Walkie »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12685 on: April 12, 2020, 07:32:17 AM »

Someone at the grocery store where my son works tested positive for Covid19, yesterday.  :bigcry:

The company is setting up a drive through testing station in the parking lot for all the employees.

Walls are closing in.
 :hide:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12686 on: April 12, 2020, 07:38:33 AM »
...  Words have meaning.

... and most of them offend me.

:autism:

:lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12687 on: April 12, 2020, 09:04:01 AM »
Tired, irritable, in some joint pain,  finding it hard to give a damn.........oh well, just another day to get thru. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12688 on: April 12, 2020, 03:45:25 PM »

Someone at the grocery store where my son works tested positive for Covid19, yesterday.  :bigcry:

The company is setting up a drive through testing station in the parking lot for all the employees.

Walls are closing in.
 :hide:
I'm sorry DD. Let us know what comes from it :hug:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #12689 on: April 12, 2020, 04:22:55 PM »