Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201398 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12585 on: March 27, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
617 new cases recorded today between 11am and 9pm and 73 deaths since yesterday. Hard to wrap my brain around all this.

Close to 500,000 cases worldwide now.
And Trump wants to open up all the businesses in the US by Easter. Delusional fuck is going to cause the needless death of so many people. How ironic that he made this announcement after 6 out of 7 of his revenue building businesses were shut down due to COVID-19.

He's a moron. With any luck, he'll catch the damned virus.

One can dream.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12586 on: March 27, 2020, 07:43:36 PM »
The Salvos store I volunteer at is closing from Monday. Last day is today.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12587 on: March 28, 2020, 03:37:09 AM »
I hope postal services keep working at least to some degree. How else can we order the books we need?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12588 on: March 28, 2020, 06:05:30 AM »
617 new cases recorded today between 11am and 9pm and 73 deaths since yesterday. Hard to wrap my brain around all this.

Close to 500,000 cases worldwide now.
And Trump wants to open up all the businesses in the US by Easter. Delusional fuck is going to cause the needless death of so many people. How ironic that he made this announcement after 6 out of 7 of his revenue building businesses were shut down due to COVID-19.

He's a moron. With any luck, he'll catch the damned virus.

One can dream.
I'm betting he wouldn't admit it if he did and he'd put some kind of gag order on anyone who tried to release the info
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12589 on: March 28, 2020, 07:38:50 AM »
He could get a more severe case of it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12590 on: March 28, 2020, 10:49:24 AM »
^ True. Was thinking after I posted, the lengths he would go to, to disappear from the public eye for weeks to try and hide it and how obvious it would be given that in the current situation the President needs to be front and centre which everyone knows he loves.

Currently thinking that every little thing I can get done around the house makes me feel good at the end of the day. Hoping the little things done will add up to a big difference in the end.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12591 on: March 28, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »

In the future, people will all remember what they were doing and where they were when the Coronavirus became self aware.
 :laugh:
you mean the moment we heard that Boris Johnson had it? Now that was a laugh. Our newreaders were citing that as proof the the virus "doesn't disciminate" whilst yer average Brit was gleefully taking it as indicative of  the polar opposite  :green:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12592 on: March 28, 2020, 12:05:08 PM »

In the future, people will all remember what they were doing and where they were when the Coronavirus became self aware.
 :laugh:
you mean the moment we heard that Boris Johnson had it? Now that was a laugh. Our newreaders were citing that as proof the the virus "doesn't disciminate" whilst yer average Brit was gleefully taking it as indicative of  the polar opposite  :green:

Nope.  Got it all wrong again.

I was merely leaning more into the science fiction realm. Thinking how cool of a story could be written as we begin tracking the virus's attempts to communicate with us and our feeble struggle to understand what evidence we can identify.
Then as a punchline type scene where we finally understand its first words to us, coincidentally the same legendary words that "GOD" first uttered as GOD began to create the universe.

"I am."

I probably should have used that point in time as a thing the future will remember.

But as we both know, the need to explain a joke defines the joke's failure and degrees of failure could be interpreted if your need persists.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:21:04 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12593 on: March 28, 2020, 01:34:28 PM »
NP. I actually got it., so your rep as a Joke teller remains entirely intact.  But then, so far as own small brain is concerned,  the fortuitous connection with Boris Johnson proved  irresistible.  :green:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12594 on: March 29, 2020, 02:12:59 AM »
Well, my first thought was a more obvious "I guess there is a God after all".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12595 on: March 29, 2020, 02:15:13 AM »
Then I realised that he needs to take care of Trump, too, if he wants to prove his existence.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12596 on: March 29, 2020, 04:07:03 AM »
So my father aged 73 has to self-isolate at home as per the PM's recent mandate, but his 68 year old partner doesn't :scratchhead:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12597 on: March 29, 2020, 04:23:10 AM »
As long as the parades of grey nomads stay the fuck away I'm confident my dad will be fine where he is.

I'm not sure if there's anywhere left besides his local supermarket that is still open tbh. The bowls club is shut...so is the pool and bore baths.
Where in the hell would anyone congregate to flout the rules? At the tip? At Lunatics Hill out at Three Mile?

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12598 on: March 29, 2020, 05:41:18 AM »
Thank the stars that they're giving me priority access to ocado's . this means that i don't have to  wait in a queue for four hours to find out that i still can't book a new delivery slot. I can find that out almost immediately.

It's getting pretty tedious , mind.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #12599 on: March 29, 2020, 06:06:43 AM »
Thank the stars that they're giving me priority access to ocado's . this means that i don't have to  wait in a queue for four hours to find out that i still can't book a new delivery slot. I can find that out almost immediately.

It's getting pretty tedious , mind.
Here, some grocers are giving people 60+ priority shopping time the first 1-1.5 hours the stores are open. They all should do that. Same with prioritizing instacart orders.