Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201434 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12510 on: March 10, 2020, 10:17:32 AM »
Disney can buy more stuff and kill that, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12511 on: March 10, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »
Disney can buy more stuff and kill that, too.

The original Star Wars was creative, quirky and had a compelling storyline.  Now it's been homogenized and cutesy and bland, unimaginative.  Disney has not had an original and imaginative creation in years.  It's all corporate now and pandering to the lowest common denominator.  And I rant about that a lot about all aspects of the media.  That's why I spend more time reading, listening to music, or walking and hiking.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12512 on: March 10, 2020, 08:12:25 PM »
Reading the Star Trek book "Picard".  Not impressed, the plot line is a bit of deja vu with a mixture of wtf and a dash of "did they do any research into the past story lines?"  I'm not impressed and it more or less convinces me that the franchise is dying a slow miserable death.
Maybe not yet. There's still a Nickelodeon show to come as well as a "Lower Decks" show. I'm looking forward to both.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12513 on: March 10, 2020, 09:07:36 PM »

This is one of my wife's vacation weeks. We have the whole week together.

It starts on a full moon and ends on Friday the thirteenth.
 :apondering:
:lol1:

Never can tell when these factors gain purchase over future events, right?

:lol1:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12514 on: March 10, 2020, 09:12:22 PM »
Reading the Star Trek book "Picard".  Not impressed, the plot line is a bit of deja vu with a mixture of wtf and a dash of "did they do any research into the past story lines?"  I'm not impressed and it more or less convinces me that the franchise is dying a slow miserable death.
Maybe not yet. There's still a Nickelodeon show to come as well as a "Lower Decks" show. I'm looking forward to both.

I love most of the Star Trek works, but personally, I am kind of wishing for more Babylon 5 or anything more from J. Michael Straczynski.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12515 on: March 11, 2020, 12:07:31 AM »
I loved Babylon 5. But it was blown up in the end. I do wonder what Straczynski is doing with his time. A new show by him would be great.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12516 on: March 11, 2020, 01:20:33 AM »
Never really caught the Babylon 5 bug.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12517 on: March 11, 2020, 05:54:44 AM »
Thinking about a social media hiatus or at the very least to drastically cut back my time spent using it. I can't figure out what is more tired, my brain or my body
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12518 on: March 11, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
Do what you need to do to recharge.  :grouphug:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12519 on: March 11, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »

Seconded!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12520 on: March 11, 2020, 08:28:38 AM »
Well, the corona virus toilet paper panic has hit walmart.  I got to work yesterday and most of the tp aisle was empty.  As well as the paper towels.  And I was the one put in there to do the stocking as the truck was being unloaded.  Though the funny thing, ALL the store managers on duty, including the head mgr. were running around doing the pallets of tp and paper towel like there was no tomorrow.  My supervisor told me to stick to doing the "smalls"....paper plates, garbage bags, storage bags, plastic utensils, etc.  It just makes me think of the Beavis and Butt Head piece.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12521 on: March 11, 2020, 10:55:57 AM »
Well, the corona virus toilet paper panic has hit walmart. 

Same, the shelves were just about wiped clean here...and I'm in the middle of nowhere land here.

Talked to one I always chit chat with up there and she said it's flying off the shelves get some while you can...they are not getting in anything sourced from China right now either. So don't know what that involves, but daaaamn.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12522 on: March 11, 2020, 11:10:26 AM »

Seconded!
You know what the frustrating thing is right now? I can no longer seem to recharge. Nothing works anymore and I don't understand it. Ugh. Another question for the Neuro.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12523 on: March 11, 2020, 11:19:04 AM »
Well, the corona virus toilet paper panic has hit walmart. 

Same, the shelves were just about wiped clean here...and I'm in the middle of nowhere land here.

Talked to one I always chit chat with up there and she said it's flying off the shelves get some while you can...they are not getting in anything sourced from China right now either. So don't know what that involves, but daaaamn.

I think most of the US tp supply comes from Canada or even here in the US. 

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12524 on: March 11, 2020, 11:47:51 AM »

Seconded!
You know what the frustrating thing is right now? I can no longer seem to recharge. Nothing works anymore and I don't understand it. Ugh. Another question for the Neuro.

You have been the caregiver and under some form of stress big time for months now.  Could that be it?  Please, make sure the caregiver gets the care that you need as well.     :grouphug: