Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202741 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12405 on: January 18, 2020, 02:39:47 AM »
Thinking today might be one of those days when not much gets done.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #12406 on: January 18, 2020, 10:20:58 PM »
My brother reminded me of my mothers connection to a historical event. I remember hearing this story a long time ago but had forgotten about it.

In 1959 she was living in Mason City Iowa. On the morning of Feb 3rd, she and some friends got in a car and drove to nearby Clear Lake. A few miles out of Mason city, they saw a plane crash that had happened several hours earlier. They didn't think much of it and continued to Clear Lake.

It was only later that day that they learned who the occupants were: Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper, J.P.Richardson.

No way! Why would they not stop and rubber neck themselves half to death? This was a 1959 plane crash, ffs.

If you recall, it was just a 4 seat Beechcraft V35 Bonanza like this one.

It was a pretty common sight at small airports back then and alarmingly common to see them crash too, since the early models had an issue with cracks in the empennage causing the tail surfaces to bind up.

I imagine they probably slowed down and took a brief look but we're talking about a car full of young women with other things to occupy their time.

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12407 on: January 18, 2020, 10:39:37 PM »
Her

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12408 on: January 19, 2020, 03:43:52 AM »
I wish this month was over already.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12409 on: January 19, 2020, 05:31:10 PM »
I want to send a prank call to someone... I think I'll do the Scientology Celebrity Centre

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12410 on: January 20, 2020, 02:16:58 AM »
Where are the bloody documents?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12411 on: January 22, 2020, 07:35:49 AM »
I really need to clean up all the leaf litter in my courtyard. I think it's the worst it's ever looked. I'm talking like a dozen trashcan loads to the green bin.
I don't think there will be room for it all in a green bin!! Might have to dump it down the side street!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12412 on: January 22, 2020, 01:29:43 PM »
A little sad at the moment, my neighbor just informed me that she had to put down her elderly Lab, Nelson" Apparently he wasn't eating, and they found a large tumor on his spleen. He was a lovable lug of a dog. We met when I was outside trying to keep my neighbors and their friends from blocking Carla coming home from work in our driveway. This was a few years ago during the Super Bowl Game between Atlanta and New England. And they were having a big party. Well, Nelson ambled over to say hello and he kept me company during my vigil. His family lives in another duplex across from us by about a few hundred feet of woods. He kept me company and I was petting him and talking to him as such. Then he ambled back home after Carla got home and was safely in the garage and I went back in after saying "Good night" to my new buddy. After that he always greeted me like a good friend. Good bye, Nelson, you will be missed as you cross the Rainbow bridge.    :'(
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12413 on: January 22, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »
So I'm sitting in my chair, watching my sports show, sipping apricot brandy.......and the windows face east.  Then I see 2 jet trails, one perfectly vertical and the other almost horizontal......and I am going "wtf".   And the intersection of the two makes a perfect positive sign.....I wish I had seen the aircraft doing this, but still, it's awesome to see.  And I am watching it move and dissipate slowly.  FWIW, I'll take it as a good omen.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Online Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12414 on: January 22, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »
I'm reviewing my rough draft of one of my novel projects...

This thing is too fucking weird... yet I like it that way ^__^

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12415 on: January 29, 2020, 11:28:43 PM »
I wonder how Walkie is doing, and one of my other friends who went radio silent due to some health issues with her daughter.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12416 on: January 30, 2020, 02:40:35 AM »

... almost time for my Neighborhood Watch shift.

Making a nice black coffee to keep close by. I have a little pouch with a shoulder sling that just fits my thermo mug. It is just below freezing, so a little warmer upper will come in handy.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12417 on: January 30, 2020, 07:29:55 AM »
I should clean my oldest cat's litter tray, but the scoop is in the laundry where my younger cat is imprisoned for bedtime.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12418 on: January 30, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »
I should clean my oldest cat's litter tray, but the scoop is in the laundry where my younger cat is imprisoned for bedtime.
Litter trays are horrible, which is why we're trying to teach our cats to go on the toilet. Two cats are promising but the oldest cat will probably always have to be let outside. Liam has the tendency to pee all over the place like a tom but he hasn't done so on the first stage plastic seat so far. It's on the floor for now, soon it will go on the toilet.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12419 on: January 30, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
Thinking about today and what happened. And what did not happen.

- Albert Einstein