Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12390 on: January 11, 2020, 10:33:37 PM »
My dog was a four times returned to the Humane Shelter unwanted horrible beast when we got him. He was known as a biter. He bit people.
Oh, that means he was destined for euthanasia.

About half way through the second day with him I realized that he was not actually snapping at me, but if I approached on the side where he had recently lost an eye, he was snapping at the horror of the new blindness.
Yep. My dog is blind in one eye. No one wanted him, because, due to his fear of being blind, he attacked what surprised him that he could not see. Once I figured this out and I was more aware of his needs, I gained his confidence, slowly. No more biting, no more just randomly snapping at his blind side. You always let him see you approaching.

Yeah, a big pain in the ass for some people to have to deal with, but he has turned out to be just a regular dog and I love him dearly.

All he ever needed was love and understanding.
Sound familiar? Does that sound like you or me? Maybe both of us? Do not know, but I was able to gain his trust by just this bit of allowing him to be a little off and making him a solid, safe place to learn to live and love.

I take him with me in the car every time I leave home, except for a grocery run. Dogs are frowned upon when inside a grocery store. He loves to go with me everywhere.
I really love my oddball, dangerous, biter, unwanted dog. Not even to mention, he is beautiful!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:23:11 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12391 on: January 12, 2020, 12:29:49 AM »
There's a lot to process, and I don't want to end up like that dumpkuf from last night... I want to think over my thoughts carefully so it's not an info-dump overload.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12392 on: January 12, 2020, 02:10:43 AM »
Thinking about that Geoffrey fellow I met on PoF a few years back and wondering if he's evolved into a full blown incel yet :orly:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12393 on: January 12, 2020, 02:38:13 AM »

I am thinking that I should be asleep. Hell, everyone else is asleep.

After a bit more research, which I have done a few times over, I should just set a printing task to look at it all later and go to bed.

If only ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12394 on: January 12, 2020, 09:53:23 PM »
Thinking about that Geoffrey fellow I met on PoF a few years back and wondering if he's evolved into a full blown incel yet :orly:

If it's like what it is in the states with some of them, then I would say "likely so"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12395 on: January 13, 2020, 06:03:21 AM »
My dog was a four times returned to the Humane Shelter unwanted horrible beast when we got him. He was known as a biter. He bit people.
Oh, that means he was destined for euthanasia.

About half way through the second day with him I realized that he was not actually snapping at me, but if I approached on the side where he had recently lost an eye, he was snapping at the horror of the new blindness.
Yep. My dog is blind in one eye. No one wanted him, because, due to his fear of being blind, he attacked what surprised him that he could not see. Once I figured this out and I was more aware of his needs, I gained his confidence, slowly. No more biting, no more just randomly snapping at his blind side. You always let him see you approaching.

Yeah, a big pain in the ass for some people to have to deal with, but he has turned out to be just a regular dog and I love him dearly.

All he ever needed was love and understanding.
Sound familiar? Does that sound like you or me? Maybe both of us? Do not know, but I was able to gain his trust by just this bit of allowing him to be a little off and making him a solid, safe place to learn to live and love.

I take him with me in the car every time I leave home, except for a grocery run. Dogs are frowned upon when inside a grocery store. He loves to go with me everywhere.
I really love my oddball, dangerous, biter, unwanted dog. Not even to mention, he is beautiful!

Ours has been labelled a psycho by some neighbours. She doesn't like or trust strangers but loves us above everything else.

Yeah, I know what you mean. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12396 on: January 13, 2020, 11:45:18 AM »
My parents just adopted a rescued pitbull who was overbred and used as a bait dog for years and then dumped when she was so emaciated you could place a finger in between each of her ribs. Her snoot, neck and shoulders are covered in bite scars. Some rando off the street tried to crop her ears and they're mangled to hell. She's terrified of ceiling fans and anything new. But she's the biggest love bug. Once she knows you, she's in your lap wanting snuggled and but scritches and she likes wearing sweaters because she gets chilly. She's precious.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #12397 on: January 15, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »
My brother reminded me of my mothers connection to a historical event. I remember hearing this story a long time ago but had forgotten about it.

In 1959 she was living in Mason City Iowa. On the morning of Feb 3rd, she and some friends got in a car and drove to nearby Clear Lake. A few miles out of Mason city, they saw a plane crash that had happened several hours earlier. They didn't think much of it and continued to Clear Lake.

It was only later that day that they learned who the occupants were: Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper, J.P.Richardson.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12398 on: January 17, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »
Walk the dog.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12399 on: January 17, 2020, 07:20:39 PM »
I hope she's okay...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12400 on: January 17, 2020, 11:30:32 PM »
Been happy for over a month with the weather.

Now, half an inch of sleet and more to come.

I think winter is upon us.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12401 on: January 17, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »
I'm confused..... holy shit I am so confused

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12402 on: January 18, 2020, 12:25:01 AM »
My brother reminded me of my mothers connection to a historical event. I remember hearing this story a long time ago but had forgotten about it.

In 1959 she was living in Mason City Iowa. On the morning of Feb 3rd, she and some friends got in a car and drove to nearby Clear Lake. A few miles out of Mason city, they saw a plane crash that had happened several hours earlier. They didn't think much of it and continued to Clear Lake.

It was only later that day that they learned who the occupants were: Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper, J.P.Richardson.

No way! Why would they not stop and rubber neck themselves half to death? This was a 1959 plane crash, ffs.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12403 on: January 18, 2020, 12:32:40 AM »
Ours has been labelled a psycho by some neighbours. She doesn't like or trust strangers but loves us above everything else.

Sounds like the perfect dog to me.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12404 on: January 18, 2020, 02:39:16 AM »

Sounds like the perfect dog to me.

She's lovely. :heart:

- Albert Einstein