Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 202149 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12210 on: December 13, 2019, 03:58:51 PM »
^Stress?

I know that one.
Yeah. I can't seem to get it under control lately. It's been happening multiple times a day.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12211 on: December 14, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »
"Ok stop staring, it's not a fucking Bentley"

- The car bumper sticker I'm thinking of custom ordering online :autism:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12212 on: December 14, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me at the stuff I find by the side of road while walking.  Yesterday, it was a decent size roll of black electrical tape and a nice metal S hook.  Which I always find handy to have.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12213 on: December 14, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »
You remind me of my SO in that way. He always had a keen eye for noticing things on his walks and found the most interesting bits and pieces.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12214 on: December 14, 2019, 07:24:28 PM »
"I shouldn't really be asking a Chihuahua about his mother should I?"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12215 on: December 14, 2019, 10:57:46 PM »
You remind me of my SO in that way. He always had a keen eye for noticing things on his walks and found the most interesting bits and pieces.

I love it, the thrill of discovery and finding interesting bits and pieces puts me in a good mood.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12216 on: December 14, 2019, 11:04:35 PM »
:trollskull:

Glad to see someone found a use for my "friend's"  Troll Skull.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12217 on: December 15, 2019, 05:12:12 AM »
^Stress?

I know that one.
Yeah. I can't seem to get it under control lately. It's been happening multiple times a day.

Work?

I've had a lot of that lately and for me, it's most definitely my work situation. I spent the first half of Friday in the office feeling shit, then decided to head to the airport early. The feeling went away.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12218 on: December 15, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »
^Stress?

I know that one.

Work?

I've had a lot of that lately and for me, it's most definitely my work situation. I spent the first half of Friday in the office feeling shit, then decided to head to the airport early. The feeling went away.
No, my clients are all on hiatus until the New Year. They're all in relatively good places so I cleared my schedule. I had to because I haven't bounced back since the hotel incident in MO. I can only seem to sleep deeply during the day when I know things feel safe so the smallest things seem to trip me up. But I'm sitting in this state of hyper vigilance at night so I think the lack of sleep and high anxiety/stress is the culprit.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12219 on: December 15, 2019, 06:41:51 AM »
:( :hug:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12220 on: December 15, 2019, 11:19:46 AM »
Hyper vigilance sucks.

:hug:

Hope you can let that go soon.
Would something like a massage help? Taking away the bodily signals of muscles telling you need to be hyper alert all the time?

Sometimes seeing the physiotherapist makes me sleep at night, because my neck and shoulders have been relieved from their 24/7 duty, and somehow my mind then listens. (If that makes sense )
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12221 on: December 15, 2019, 04:17:27 PM »
Hyper vigilance sucks.

Would something like a massage help? Taking away the bodily signals of muscles telling you need to be hyper alert all the time?

Sometimes seeing the physiotherapist makes me sleep at night, because my neck and shoulders have been relieved from their 24/7 duty, and somehow my mind then listens. (If that makes sense )
Unfortunately, no. Having people I don't know touch my body is a massive no now. As are staying in hotels by myself. Having been digging at that with my psych but we've agreed I can't test trauma right now. My body is too riddled with it.  In some ways it upsets me because both used to be something I looked forward to.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12222 on: December 15, 2019, 09:51:26 PM »
Hyper vigilance sucks.

Unfortunately, no. Having people I don't know touch my body is a massive no now. As are staying in hotels by myself. Having been digging at that with my psych but we've agreed I can't test trauma right now. My body is too riddled with it.  In some ways it upsets me because both used to be something I looked forward to.
Damn, In that case, have another virtual :hug: for what it's worth.  At least you're able to tolerate those :)
I guess you;ve tried breathing exrcises and meditation , and...welll just about anything else we might suggest.
If  you're willing to try something off-the-wall unscientific, I can recommend  Bach Fower Remedies (specifically Star of Bethlehem). Seriously. Just don't tell these other spazzes or i'll never live it down.    :hide:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12223 on: December 15, 2019, 11:12:56 PM »
Hyper vigilance sucks.

Hyper vigilance is one of my adaptations.  Just recently, I was approached by a customer for help and as I was giving it, he raised his hand like he was going to clap me on the shoulder or arm and I VISIBLY recoiled.  While I was still being civil, it irks me when people irl and online do that.   I set boundaries, and when people irl and online cross that, I push back......I don't trust strangers and when people lose my trust they never get it back. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12224 on: December 16, 2019, 02:38:43 AM »
Can I just go back to bed and skip today?

- Albert Einstein