Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201382 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #12105 on: September 27, 2019, 01:07:11 AM »
Your experience follows along with most of my attempts at using film, especially color film, that has not been stored well.
Black and white film is far more forgiving of many abuses, but the color processes are all just too touchy to depend upon old film and clearly so if you expect to make a living taking photographs, questionable film stocks are just not worth the gamble.

In my studio I kept a refrigerator just for film. The freezer section was full of sealed cans of long roll film, which I would move to the cooler before I opened them. I went through an evening ritual everyday to judge my room temperature stocks and pull some film for the next few days, Every Day.

I miss the fun of doing photography, not the people and the stresses. Becoming a professional photographer seems like a great idea for someone with such interests, but that movement clouded,  drained away and eventually destroyed my "Hobby Interests" in the entire process.

I have to admit, though, I would not have the investments and ability to retire well without that "career"  being a large part of my life.

For me, shooting on film was about constantly having to look for money. It was fun to make films but I don't miss the fact that we'd usually not know if there was any money to complete the damned thing when we started.

These days, anyone can produce a film, all the way from script to cut. All you need is your mobile phone. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #12106 on: October 01, 2019, 08:29:18 AM »
How pathetic that I can't even get any in my dreams. Had a weird, but very realistic one where I was sharing a hotel suite with two hot girls. We hung out, laughed, and so on. Then they left and later returned to find me suffering from sleep paralysis. They kept making fun of me as I tried to move and get their attention. At the time I thought I was dying. I was able to finally flop myself over on to the one girl's bed, but still asleep. She says, "I'll have a go!" Oh boy, finally after all these years... Nope! I actually woke up from a real sleep paralysis episode. Finally waking myself up by flopping my arm over, but ruining my chances. :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:02:14 PM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12107 on: October 02, 2019, 05:53:12 AM »
How pathetic that I can't even get any in my dreams. Had a weird, but very realistic one where I was sharing a hotel suite with two hot girls. We hung out, laughed, and so on. Then they left and later returned to find me suffering from sleep paralysis. They kept making fun of me as I tried to move and get their attention. At the time I thought I was dying. I wa sable to finally flop myself over on to the one girl's bed, but still asleep. She says, "I'll have a go!" Oh boy, finally after all these years... Nope! I actually woke up from a real sleep paralysis episode. Finally waking myself up by flopping my arm over, but ruining my chances. :facepalm2:

I'm sorry.  :hug:  At least you didn't have horrible hallucinations in that episode.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12108 on: October 02, 2019, 05:54:33 AM »
  The carwash near my workplace is called The Golden Nozzle.  That's just wrong.  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12109 on: October 02, 2019, 07:42:58 AM »
I have too many nightmares about swirl marks to take my car to a self serve or auto car wash :hide:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12110 on: October 04, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »
Bored silly. Thinking about various ways to be less bored.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12111 on: October 09, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »
I'm going to my niece's wedding on the 26th of October. She wrote a poem on Facebook that basically says instead of gifts, they want money. Is this rude to ask for? I've heard of people putting out a list of things they want for their wedding and I've thought that's borderline rude.

Oh well, I'll give them money. It's meant to be for their honeymoon.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12112 on: October 09, 2019, 11:25:30 PM »
Thinking about going back to bed. :yawn:

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12113 on: October 11, 2019, 06:42:11 AM »
The Baltic Birch plywood I need for my new project (JBL 4345 studio monitor mirrored pair, eighteen inch woofers, twelve inch low mids, two inch upper mid horn with hardwood diffuser, slot tweet) is going to cost me over four hundred dollars for three sheets and a month to order. DAMN!
I finally have all the drivers after almost ten years of searching and buying one piece at a time.

I can not cheap out on the wood! I will do this, but DAMN!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12114 on: October 13, 2019, 08:00:06 AM »
It's eerie how Second Life resembles my real life sometimes; I can't afford the real estate in there either :autism:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #12115 on: October 14, 2019, 09:23:47 AM »
Love my new hoodie sweatshirt with an erupting volcano on the front and the words "I lava Volcanoes".    :thumbup:  Yeah, I'm weird.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12116 on: October 16, 2019, 10:35:18 PM »
Thinking that we should definitely have a WTF! thread for just this type of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfRieg1p81o&feature=youtu.be

Now I know we have all seen the random tennis shoe and gotten really horny, but did any of us actually become screamers at that moment?

:lol1:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:40:12 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12117 on: October 18, 2019, 08:10:22 PM »
 :lol1:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12118 on: October 20, 2019, 05:29:06 PM »
I wish I had a regular sleep schedule
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12119 on: October 21, 2019, 06:53:28 AM »
I wish I had a sleep schedule. :P

- Albert Einstein