Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11880 on: April 29, 2019, 07:41:55 PM »
Thinking about Game of Thrones, and how scared I am! Scared of finding out what happened in the latest episode!! :GA:  :hide:
My parents love GoT, they were talking about it in my presence yesterday, about how good it is. I haven't seen more than 2 minutes of it!

Go on, watch it, you know you want to! :green:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11881 on: April 30, 2019, 07:26:29 AM »
Thinking about Game of Thrones, and how scared I am! Scared of finding out what happened in the latest episode!! :GA:  :hide:
My parents love GoT, they were talking about it in my presence yesterday, about how good it is. I haven't seen more than 2 minutes of it!

I can't watch it though. I have to read the recaps and spoilers like everyone else who refuses to get Foxtel.
Anyway after reading them and watching youtube snippets the aftermath of the latest episode isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Now I am thinking about buying an el cheapo enclosed trailer or delivery van. Cheap but still registered if possible.
I want to be THAT person who parks it out the front of neighbour's houses on the street for months.

No wait that's just a bonus. What I really want it for is to store crap in while I'm trying to move and have open houses and shit.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11882 on: April 30, 2019, 11:24:28 PM »

I can't watch it though. I have to read the recaps and spoilers like everyone else who refuses to get Foxtel.
Anyway after reading them and watching youtube snippets the aftermath of the latest episode isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Now I am thinking about buying an el cheapo enclosed trailer or delivery van. Cheap but still registered if possible.
I want to be THAT person who parks it out the front of neighbour's houses on the street for months.

No wait that's just a bonus. What I really want it for is to store crap in while I'm trying to move and have open houses and shit.
My parents don't have Foxtel and they're out in the country. I wonder how they're watching GoT.

A van sounds good. No one can see your stuff.

So you're definitely moving? Is it due to your mum wanting to relocate?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11883 on: May 01, 2019, 08:22:23 AM »
^ Well, nan is in hospital at the moment and it looks like she won't be far out of a nursing home when she gets out, thus negating mum's need to move up there to look after her. Mum was dreading having to clean up the house and all her years of clutter anyway.

I actually have an appointment with the bank tomorrow. I'm not liking my chances though (in terms of being able to get a big enough loan).
Property prices here are fucking ridiculous. On one hand I want to get out of this bloody townhouse, but on the other I feel the property market here is way too inflated. The type of house I want to buy (a simple 3BR place) costs more than what my brother paid for his in Brisbane and double what my other brother paid for his in Gloucester.
It would be pretty stupid if a full time working professional with access to a decent deposit can't afford a home here anymore.
Maybe I should move to that petty crim town 30 mins north. QLD is also looking more financially appealing. Houses are at least $100k cheaper!

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11884 on: May 01, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »
^I tried to get my parents to move to Toowoomba because it's much cheaper there than here (plus Kayleigh's parents are there too). Instead they moved to Collie where they're not going to be able to sell their house.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11885 on: May 01, 2019, 10:38:48 PM »
I would love to travel in a motor home.  But The PR's medical history makes that impossible.  And I've not had too much passion to your the US.  Europe is another story.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11886 on: May 01, 2019, 11:55:18 PM »
Thinking I need more coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11887 on: May 08, 2019, 07:02:54 AM »
Well, my nan has been assessed at the hospital and they won't let her go back home to live by herself, so off to a nursing home she shall trundle.

On a lighter note I may be inheriting a rather large dining table of hers. A family heirloom I should call it I guess. They used it as a bench to skin and butcher sheep back in the old days and then nan got it tarted up to use as a normal dining table. I like its morbid history. Hopefully it fits in whatever new house I end up getting.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11888 on: May 08, 2019, 07:06:40 PM »
Jack also approves of your table's morbid history.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11889 on: May 08, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »
Had one of those ah-ha moments today.

I don't drive much, used to in my 20's, but after I was sick and had the kid it suddenly changed. I tend to be a nervous wreck most of the time driving, sometimes it got better and many times it got worse to the point of fighting off panic attacks daily. Never put 2 and 2 together and found out what helped equal "better".

When SO left for 2 years I didn't have a car in my name...so he used to leave me his huge F150 4x4 extended cab out of anger figuring I would never drive it and struggle like hell when I had to...and first out of anger also I made myself drive it...then I remember tooling around in that thing 24/7 not a care in the world...I just figured with everything going on in my life, the universe was just letting some of my other "issues" slide for awhile so I wouldn't completely lose my shit.

SO bought a truck from his brother last month. 2002 F150 4x4 Supercrew. It's a behemoth compared to everything else...and I've driven this thing quite a bit already...first out of necessity and the other times out of choice. He rode with me once and just looked at me strange and said "you look relaxed"...and so I am. It's a weird thing.

Thankfully it has a nice grab handle so that I can haul my 5' 1" ass up into the thing and adjustable pedals.   :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11890 on: May 08, 2019, 10:02:03 PM »
I remember having to sit on phone books to see over the steering wheel of my brother-in-law's massive old Ford.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11891 on: May 08, 2019, 11:53:46 PM »
Thinking about phone books now. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11892 on: May 09, 2019, 12:17:53 AM »
They're getting smaller here these days. Not as many people having landlines listed.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11893 on: May 10, 2019, 05:07:49 AM »
They're getting smaller here these days. Not as many people having landlines listed.

I don't think they publish them on paper here anymore. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11894 on: May 10, 2019, 07:19:37 AM »
Same with the phone books here. What was once the glove box size edition has been adopted as the regular edition  :P