Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201383 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11850 on: April 05, 2019, 04:39:19 AM »
^Toowoomba has some nice houses and they're cheaper than where I live in the West.

Our unit was painted a neutral greyish colour. Shortly after we moved in the kitchen barrier wall started to peel. Kayleigh and thought we'd just repaint it, so we went to Bunnings with a sample off the wall and got them to match it. It ended up being a shade darker than what was on the wall. Instead of patching it up, we had to paint the entire wall, part of which went up to the ceiling. Serves us right, really, for thinking we'd only have to paint a little bit.

I know! A 3BR house in most areas of regional QLD has the same market value as my current 2BR unit in yuppietown NSW. And there's only 1% stamp duty in QLD :2thumbsup:. If I do go to Toowoomba I won't be short of choices in my price bracket, that's for sure. I just have to watch some areas, apparently close to the CBD and the southern suburbs are pretty bad?
Mum bawked at Toowoomba when I mentioned it to her. "Too bloody cold!!" she said. But climate seriously isn't a factor for me. I mostly picked the place because it's roughly equidistant between Lightning Ridge and Bundaberg.

And the only reason I chose upper Hunter is because a lady at dancing reckons she can get me a job in Muswellbrook. That's not a bad town but it's really dusty there from the nearby coal mines.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11851 on: April 05, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »
Thinking it's nice to be a full-time employee every now and then. You get to drink beer sponsored by the company without worrying about next month.
The office has fulltime free beer on tap. Really weird idea in such a detail oriented environment. Makes me not even want to use the breakroom. Though can't seem to give up the coffee.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11852 on: April 06, 2019, 03:10:01 AM »
^Toowoomba has some nice houses and they're cheaper than where I live in the West.

Our unit was painted a neutral greyish colour. Shortly after we moved in the kitchen barrier wall started to peel. Kayleigh and thought we'd just repaint it, so we went to Bunnings with a sample off the wall and got them to match it. It ended up being a shade darker than what was on the wall. Instead of patching it up, we had to paint the entire wall, part of which went up to the ceiling. Serves us right, really, for thinking we'd only have to paint a little bit.
I know! A 3BR house in most areas of regional QLD has the same market value as my current 2BR unit in yuppietown NSW. And there's only 1% stamp duty in QLD :2thumbsup:. If I do go to Toowoomba I won't be short of choices in my price bracket, that's for sure. I just have to watch some areas, apparently close to the CBD and the southern suburbs are pretty bad?
Mum bawked at Toowoomba when I mentioned it to her. "Too bloody cold!!" she said. But climate seriously isn't a factor for me. I mostly picked the place because it's roughly equidistant between Lightning Ridge and Bundaberg.

And the only reason I chose upper Hunter is because a lady at dancing reckons she can get me a job in Muswellbrook. That's not a bad town but it's really dusty there from the nearby coal mines.
You got it right. The CBD and southern areas of Toowoomba are a bit dodgy. The east is pretty rich. Old, grand houses there.

I haven't experienced their winter but summer is cooler and there's more rain.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11853 on: April 06, 2019, 04:30:39 AM »
Most of the houses I've liked online so far are on the west side. Newtown, Wilsonton and the like.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11854 on: April 06, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
Free beer in the office is probably not a great idea. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11855 on: April 06, 2019, 10:59:28 AM »
Free beer in the office is probably not a great idea. :laugh:
It's awkward, though have heard it used as a bargaining chip. In my previous job, a team member needed something, can't remember what, and was getting pushback about cost. She was on the phone and heard her say, do you realize there's beer here? She said, as long as there's beer here, then I can have whatever I need. :laugh:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11856 on: April 07, 2019, 02:58:48 AM »
Most of the houses I've liked online so far are on the west side. Newtown, Wilsonton and the like.
Kayleigh's family lived in Wilsonton when I visited them for the first time. Would frequently walk to Wilsonton shops. Most houses around there have character.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11857 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:15 PM »
I wonder if trade painters get tired of using the same 5 neutral shades of Dulux paint all the time :orly:

I'm sure they do.  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11858 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:37 PM »
In other news, Notre Dame is on fire.  :'(
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11859 on: April 16, 2019, 11:51:27 PM »
A catholic priest told an interviewer yesterday that the fire was surely a sign.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11860 on: April 18, 2019, 04:49:11 AM »
A sign that a candle tipped over inside?
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11861 on: April 18, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »
I think he meant something more than that.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11862 on: April 18, 2019, 09:32:25 PM »
Yeah, he would have. I was just trying to simplify it. ;)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11863 on: April 19, 2019, 08:05:40 AM »
Damn it.  Torrential rains forecast yesterday afternoon.  Put weed killer on the lawn.  NO RAIN.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11864 on: April 19, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »
Damn it.  Torrential rains forecast yesterday afternoon.  Put weed killer on the lawn.  NO RAIN.
Seems you're going to have to water it in with the hose. This has happened to me as well.
Tek'ma'tae