Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11835 on: March 23, 2019, 01:41:59 PM »
 OMG. Pappy is an Uber beast. Wasn't he that before? Or is my mind fucking me up?

Could be both.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #11836 on: March 23, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
OMG. Pappy is an Uber beast. Wasn't he that before? Or is my mind fucking me up?

Could be both.
Jack noticed a few months ago. Apparently it was unobservant of me.
http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,17153.msg1198099/topicseen.html#msg1198099

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11837 on: March 31, 2019, 05:01:19 AM »
Why are there so many houses with housing commission spec size bedrooms. We're taking bedrooms less than 9m2, and that's just the master bedroom!
I wouldn't even fit my bed, beside tables and dresser in them.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11838 on: April 01, 2019, 11:42:42 PM »
^For some time display houses had tiny bedrooms. Ok if you're minimalist and don't own much.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11839 on: April 02, 2019, 07:09:25 AM »
Yeah but this is also with brand new homes as well. The bedrooms are tiny even on the plan before it's built. It's hard picking through all these plans trying to find one that has a good size master bedroom and a decent size laundry.

Yes, I'm even pondering building a damn house! There's cheap enough blocks inland somewhat about 30 mins away, but I can't predict the total building cost to turnkey stage.

Second option is to buy something locally. There's some ok ones out there but again some of them are woefully small, even for 3BR stand alone houses. My 2BR dogbox has a bigger total floorspace!! Then the ones with spacious rooms have horrid carpets and kitchens. Nobody bothers to make their house look marketable before selling.

Third option, move 40 mins north and drive on the highway to work everyday. The prices and houses up there are very appealing, but the area has a high crime rate.

Forth option, just fucking leave town altogether. Upper Hunter and Toowoomba are possibilities....

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11840 on: April 02, 2019, 07:14:09 AM »
I wonder if trade painters get tired of using the same 5 neutral shades of Dulux paint all the time :orly:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11841 on: April 03, 2019, 04:58:18 AM »
^Toowoomba has some nice houses and they're cheaper than where I live in the West.

Our unit was painted a neutral greyish colour. Shortly after we moved in the kitchen barrier wall started to peel. Kayleigh and thought we'd just repaint it, so we went to Bunnings with a sample off the wall and got them to match it. It ended up being a shade darker than what was on the wall. Instead of patching it up, we had to paint the entire wall, part of which went up to the ceiling. Serves us right, really, for thinking we'd only have to paint a little bit.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11842 on: April 03, 2019, 10:10:04 AM »
Toowoomba is a cool name for a place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11843 on: April 03, 2019, 05:26:49 PM »
my life is a combination of    :deadhorse2:   and    :GA:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11844 on: April 03, 2019, 06:17:24 PM »
My friend’s 3-bedroom house was built in the 1930s, the two main bedrooms are both much bigger than the main living area. His house really needs a redesign, and my suggestion was that he use one of the main bedrooms as the main living area. And convert the laundry at the back of the house into a 2nd bathroom. Current living area becomes a sitting room, and if he still wants it to be a 3 bedroom he could convert the small dining room to a bedroom. But all the redesigning in the world won’t fix the key issue: he is a hoarder. If someone comes to visit he needs to move stuff so that they’ve got somewhere to sit. I went through and cleaned it all up for him about 7 or 8 years ago, but it’s back to the same state again. The reality is that he’s gonna kick the bucket in about 20 or 30 years and they’ll have to send in a cadaver dog to find him. His daughter will then hire someone to come in and clear the place out and then sell it. His house is worth about AU$2.2M, or US$1.5M, because it’s well located.  My friend’s sister is an even worse hoarder.

Modern houses tend to focus on having a big living area, with small bedrooms. I’ve got to admit that I like small bedrooms, they feel cozy. My house has 2 big and one medium sized living areas. It’s an 80s house. We have ideas for a complete redesign so that there is one big living area, moving the kitchen to the current rumpus room. But I’m never going to be able to afford it.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11845 on: April 04, 2019, 03:33:20 AM »
It is imo too. Kayleigh's family lives there and I've been there 3 times. I prefer the weather there as it's generally cooler than what we have here.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11846 on: April 04, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »
It is imo too. Kayleigh's family lives there and I've been there 3 times. I prefer the weather there as it's generally cooler than what we have here.

But not THAT cool, right?

It's around 11C in Copenhagen, right now, but 16C in Gothenburg. I'm always in the wrong place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11847 on: April 04, 2019, 10:42:19 AM »
Thinking it's nice to be a full-time employee every now and then. You get to drink beer sponsored by the company without worrying about next month.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11848 on: April 04, 2019, 08:36:02 PM »
But not THAT cool, right?

It's around 11C in Copenhagen, right now, but 16C in Gothenburg. I'm always in the wrong place.
Definitely not as cool as where you are. Their winters are cooler than what I have experienced so I wonder how I'd cope there.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11849 on: April 05, 2019, 03:32:02 AM »
This is nice and warm. :)

- Albert Einstein