Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11790 on: March 12, 2019, 08:34:17 PM »
^ How is your elbow doing now, odeon?

I finally got rid of the stitches and the positively huge bandage, and so I'm doing a lot better. It's sore at times and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavy for a month and a half at the very least, but it's moving in the right direction. :)

Good to hear.
At least you have another arm capable of lifting those daunting pints of beer, when needed.

Thanks. :)

Yes, well, somebody's got to lift them.

You could always drink your beer through a straw.

That seems to work for my mother-in-law. She can lift but seems to like drinking it through a straw better.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11791 on: March 13, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
Sounds like a bad idea to me, but hey, each to her own.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11792 on: March 13, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
Thinking I won't go outside again today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11793 on: March 13, 2019, 01:04:11 PM »
Only just popped opened my first two rolls of halves tonight and got all excited.

I ended up with two hundred seventeen halves at forty percent silver and, incredibly, eighty six that are ninety per cent silver.

So that batch worked out fairly well for me. Today's silver spot is still kind of down, so I will sit on these for a while as well.
$218.50 in forty percent and $481.60 in ninety per cent silver at the silver spot for today. But that is fifteen rolls of silver I am keeping out of this batch!
That is more than triple from my last big batch.
Keeping $150 of face value in silver coin and eventually gaining over $700 in silver value.

I tell you guys. This shit still works!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11794 on: March 14, 2019, 07:07:47 AM »
A ute hit an electrical substation just down the road, but if it weren't for FB I'd be none the wiser. I didn't hear the explosion and I can't smell the smoke, but apparently people much further away in other neighbourhoods can. I can't even see a demonic red glow in the night sky from my balcony!

(note: Nobody was in the ute)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11795 on: March 14, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »
I just found out what a ute is. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11796 on: March 15, 2019, 02:37:46 AM »
People in American call them "trucks" :orly:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11797 on: March 15, 2019, 05:10:17 AM »
Did the ute's parking brakes fail?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11798 on: March 15, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »
Is this a widely accepted term?

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11799 on: March 15, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

Might be. I heard it first the term in a book in my teens. A utility vehicle, is how it is was described in the encyclopedia of the time, to which I had access.

I do not use the expression. I just say, "...truck,"  which covers a multitude of evils.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11800 on: March 15, 2019, 05:43:58 PM »

Amazing trip to the record store.

Now, realize, I do not search the massive bins often unless I am searching for a specific thing. I rarely do that. I am looking for lost souls and forgotten albums. I generally just search from the newly arrived, barely sorted bins and I often find things I want, before I knew I wanted them.
Today was a very good haul ...
... an early T-rex, Jefferson Airplane, Electric Ladyland, Hey Jude, many older jazz and four Frank Zappa including UNCLE MEAT, the very first Mothers album, Hot Rats and Cruising with Ruben & the Jets,  ffs!
Zappa is like Hendrix in that he has almost as many albums released after his death that during his life. Actually, I think Hendrix has more posthumous releases that anyone.

Great day shopping for albums!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11801 on: March 15, 2019, 05:57:24 PM »
I forgot to mention the four early Dylan electrics.

Kind of odd how the reason these were rejected by his fans of the time are the same reasons that his new fanbase loves them most.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #11802 on: March 15, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »
A ute hit an electrical substation just down the road,

People in American call them "trucks" :orly:

We can't call trucks Utes because they are an Indian tribe that lends their name to the state of Utah.

Also, U of Utah's teams are called the Utes.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11803 on: March 15, 2019, 09:36:49 PM »
It is in Australia. My sister used to own a ute. Good for carrying horse food and other horse stuff.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11804 on: March 16, 2019, 03:45:08 AM »

Amazing trip to the record store.

Now, realize, I do not search the massive bins often unless I am searching for a specific thing. I rarely do that. I am looking for lost souls and forgotten albums. I generally just search from the newly arrived, barely sorted bins and I often find things I want, before I knew I wanted them.
Today was a very good haul ...
... an early T-rex, Jefferson Airplane, Electric Ladyland, Hey Jude, many older jazz and four Frank Zappa including UNCLE MEAT, the very first Mothers album, Hot Rats and Cruising with Ruben & the Jets,  ffs!
Zappa is like Hendrix in that he has almost as many albums released after his death that during his life. Actually, I think Hendrix has more posthumous releases that anyone.

Great day shopping for albums!

Great finds.

I should start buying albums again.

- Albert Einstein