Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11760 on: February 24, 2019, 03:10:05 AM »
I've checked the DB and emptied various file caches. Not sure if any of that helps.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11761 on: February 24, 2019, 06:23:52 AM »
The part that's weird to me is when it happens I complain.  And then it allows me to plus people.   :dunno:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11762 on: February 24, 2019, 06:48:48 AM »
I've done pretty much the same thing every time you've complained, which is to check the DB tables, recount the statistics, and empty the file caches. None of that should affect the functionality.

What I find weird is that nobody else has reported this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11763 on: February 24, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »
I'm thinking the same thing!  Oh well, I'll let it go for now.  If it happens again, I will say something and we'll go from there.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11764 on: February 24, 2019, 11:26:15 AM »
I'm not going to over think this or go bat shit crazy paranoid.  I just like to plus people and it mildly bugs me when I can't for no reason.  Or whatever reason the glitch works on.  If it happens again, I'll just mention it and let the admins do what they do. 

Oh well, it's hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go on a slippery slushy mixed winter weather sunday.  That's a little more important to think about than a computer glitch.  TTFN  8)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11765 on: March 04, 2019, 05:19:02 PM »
When walmart tells me to work faster, when I am already going as fast as I and my creaky body are going!

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11766 on: March 04, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »
I’m seriously annoyed with myself. I didn’t see the problems I was having as worth talking about because I was ignored so much. I didn’t realize things had gotten serious until later.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11767 on: March 05, 2019, 02:57:45 AM »
I’m seriously annoyed with myself. I didn’t see the problems I was having as worth talking about because I was ignored so much. I didn’t realize things had gotten serious until later.
I'm sad you were ignored. Are things looking up?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11768 on: March 05, 2019, 03:26:38 PM »
Yes. It’s been a long, grueling process, but I’ve been improving.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11769 on: March 05, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »

I have had a new neighbor for almost two weeks. They seem to have settled. Tonight being trash night, I took the opportunity to meet my new neighbor over several full bins of garbage we were both attempting to muster.

He is cool. Lives with his grand daughter and her child and his sister. Kind of a redneck conglomerate family, sticking together. I like the idea.

He seems cool. A Viet Nam era Navy vet, old and still going and a happy guy. First impression was a good one.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11770 on: March 05, 2019, 09:30:41 PM »
Only just popped opened my first two rolls of halves tonight and got all excited. Had to come back here and report (and probably jinx myself, if I was superstitious) but I found three forty percent and two ninety percent in the first two rolls.

This batch took a while to acquire. I ordered the fifty rolls from a smallish bank, next county north and they said it would be three weeks before they could complete my order of one thousand dollars worth of half dollar coins.
I began to lose hope, thinking that most of the coins would just be brought in from a larger bank branch. Apparently, they had many bags of older coins that had never been rolled. This sounds positive.

I can not wait to get through all the daily chores and get back to this stack of coin.
Have to go "adult" some, now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #11771 on: March 09, 2019, 06:34:15 PM »
music ...also glad to be back!

wondering how everyone is doing :)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11772 on: March 09, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »
Good to see you!

It's been quiet around here.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11773 on: March 10, 2019, 03:43:35 AM »
Hi SG, and welcome back! :)

I've been extremely busy at work. Also had some minor surgery done to my right elbow to uncompress my ulnar nerve.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11774 on: March 10, 2019, 04:03:53 AM »
^ How is your elbow doing now, odeon?
Tek'ma'tae