Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201391 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11745 on: February 21, 2019, 05:42:36 AM »
What a weird cyclone! :orly:
What's weird about it?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11746 on: February 21, 2019, 06:18:12 AM »
What a weird cyclone! :orly:
What's weird about it?

That it's going that far south for one!
It's supposed to turn and head north again but it would be crazy if it didn't and hit the far north NSW coast.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11747 on: February 21, 2019, 01:37:01 PM »
Ok, weirdness tale of the day.  Since we had a messy winter mix storm last night, I was shoveling out my usual service/emergency escape bath to the back door.  I get to the back of the house where there is a porch and patio.  As I am cleaning up, I spot a 1 dollar bill nestled between the bottom step of the porch and the foundation wall.  So I think ok, lucky me, I pick it up thinking it will be soaking wet.  It's not, it's perfectly dry.  Now this little spot I have to sweep out constantly due to leaves piling up in there.  Very weird, so I go back into the house and tell Amber, who's first thought is "Oh no, it's my idiot ex boyfriend sneaking around."  Well, that doesn't pass a logic test, A) He's on disability and public assistance for everything.  B) A person on that tends to be very careful of every bit of currency that gets into ones possession.....I know, I've been there in the long long ago poverty student days.  There is a lot of wind that blows thru there, and there are a lot of leaves under the porch that I can't clear out.  I can only surmise that it's been there under the porch in a dry spot until the wind happened to catch it just right and blow it into that spot.  1 dollar bills have a life expectancy of 8 months or so, due to wear and tear.  This bill is 6 years old and fairly good condition.  And in my last check of the back, the snow is melting off the roof and it's dripping into the very spot that I found it in.  Anywho, I'm not going to over think it, despite my tendency to be a tad paranoid about home security.  I'll just hold onto it as a weird souvenir......or buy a lottery ticket with it!  😎 8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11748 on: February 21, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
Ok, weirdness tale of the day.  Since we had a messy winter mix storm last night, I was shoveling out my usual service/emergency escape bath to the back door.  I get to the back of the house where there is a porch and patio.  As I am cleaning up, I spot a 1 dollar bill nestled between the bottom step of the porch and the foundation wall.  So I think ok, lucky me, I pick it up thinking it will be soaking wet.  It's not, it's perfectly dry.  Now this little spot I have to sweep out constantly due to leaves piling up in there.  Very weird, so I go back into the house and tell Amber, who's first thought is "Oh no, it's my idiot ex boyfriend sneaking around."  Well, that doesn't pass a logic test, A) He's on disability and public assistance for everything.  B) A person on that tends to be very careful of every bit of currency that gets into ones possession.....I know, I've been there in the long long ago poverty student days.  There is a lot of wind that blows thru there, and there are a lot of leaves under the porch that I can't clear out.  I can only surmise that it's been there under the porch in a dry spot until the wind happened to catch it just right and blow it into that spot.  1 dollar bills have a life expectancy of 8 months or so, due to wear and tear.  This bill is 6 years old and fairly good condition.  And in my last check of the back, the snow is melting off the roof and it's dripping into the very spot that I found it in.  Anywho, I'm not going to over think it, despite my tendency to be a tad paranoid about home security.  I'll just hold onto it as a weird souvenir......or buy a lottery ticket with it!  😎 8)

Remember anything about 6 years ago??

https://www.thoughtco.com/money-from-heaven-2593136

Believe, don't believe...interesting read never the less.

I am always finding change...sometimes the dates hold a nice memory or two which is an added bonus.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11749 on: February 21, 2019, 05:26:04 PM »

I am always finding change...sometimes the dates hold a nice memory or two which is an added bonus.

A very interesting read indeed!  It would be easy for me to see something sinister in it, but, I am going another way.  Since my old and very dear friend died....I will go with a more positive outlook. 

I wanted to  :plus: you, but it says I have to wait 0.5 hours to do so.........and I haven't plussed anybody in days.  Who ever is in charge of that function here is a douchebag.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:28:27 PM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #11750 on: February 22, 2019, 02:54:07 AM »
I lost my shit, got it back, lost my shit, got it back. Lather rinse repeat.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11751 on: February 22, 2019, 10:19:34 AM »

The PR says she hopes you get all the help you need and feel better.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11752 on: February 22, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »

But for now, you got it back. :thumbup: One day at a time.

Welcome back.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11753 on: February 23, 2019, 01:13:32 AM »

A very interesting read indeed!  It would be easy for me to see something sinister in it, but, I am going another way.  Since my old and very dear friend died....I will go with a more positive outlook. 

I wanted to  :plus: you, but it says I have to wait 0.5 hours to do so.........and I haven't plussed anybody in days.  Who ever is in charge of that function here is a douchebag.
I see that you've given Icequeen karma three times.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11754 on: February 23, 2019, 06:20:51 AM »
Sounds like a glitch to me. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11755 on: February 23, 2019, 09:13:06 AM »

I see that you've given Icequeen karma three times.

That's weird.  It kept saying I had to wait 0.5 hours to give karma.  And her number never changed like I can see it change at the times I could do it!  Very weird.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11756 on: February 23, 2019, 09:21:44 PM »
Just check the karma logs and you'll see it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11757 on: February 23, 2019, 10:58:17 PM »

I believe you, I just find it weird that it acts like that.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11758 on: February 23, 2019, 11:25:38 PM »
I believe you, I just find it weird that it acts like that.
Yeah, it is strange. A glitch happening somewhere.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11759 on: February 24, 2019, 02:58:14 AM »
It shouldn't be able to do that. Wondering if the DB is messed up, somehow.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein