Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201387 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11700 on: February 01, 2019, 05:26:54 AM »
Thinking that I really want to know when a parcel for me will arrive. And that I just want that parcel right now.

I have no track and trace code. Don't think I'll get that. So, it's a matter of patience. :GA:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11701 on: February 01, 2019, 07:41:26 AM »
I can't understand why my kettle suddenly kills the plug in the kitchen every time I plug it in and then I have to reset the outlet. The other appliances are fine, it's just the kettle  :dunno:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11702 on: February 01, 2019, 08:27:25 AM »
I can't understand why my kettle suddenly kills the plug in the kitchen every time I plug it in and then I have to reset the outlet. The other appliances are fine, it's just the kettle  :dunno:

It may be time for a new kettle.

Invisible breach in the wiring somewhere? Or worse, invisible wear and tear of the insulation around said wires?

Time for a new one. And then turn the old one into a practical science project .

Oh, one test you could do. Does it kill the plug while all other appliances are disconnected?  It could be a matter of overload too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:29:04 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11703 on: February 01, 2019, 08:35:39 AM »

It may be time for a new kettle.

Invisible breach in the wiring somewhere? Or worse, invisible wear and tear of the insulation around said wires?

Time for a new one. And then turn the old one into a practical science project .

Oh, one test you could do. Does it kill the plug while all other appliances are disconnected?  It could be a matter of overload too.
Yeah it cancels it out whether there's something else plugged in or not so it's a goner.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11704 on: February 01, 2019, 09:00:23 AM »
Didn't receive my parcel today. So, now I hope to get it someday next week.

I can be a patient person, but not now. Don't really know what's in it either. :GA: :GA:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11705 on: February 01, 2019, 09:38:57 AM »

Got home about three hours ago, rented a car. Weather sucks. I missed the record breaking cold, but the roads are totally crap from a few inches of snow overnight. To Cold for the salt and chemicals to do much.

Whirlwind trip again.

Kind of a sort of balance. I did two trips to Texas in one month - never happened since I was in the music business many years ago.

First trip at the beginning of the month to attend a long known friend's funeral and second trip at the end of the month to attend a new family branch's christening of a new granddaughter (step? half? I do not know. They all called me her grandfather, so there I am).

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #11706 on: February 01, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »

Got home about three hours ago, rented a car. Weather sucks. I missed the record breaking cold, but the roads are totally crap from a few inches of snow overnight. To Cold for the salt and chemicals to do much.

Whirlwind trip again.

Kind of a sort of balance. I did two trips to Texas in one month - never happened since I was in the music business many years ago.

First trip at the beginning of the month to attend a long known friend's funeral and second trip at the end of the month to attend a new family branch's christening of a new granddaughter (step? half? I do not know. They all called me her grandfather, so there I am).

Total grandfather. You are her father's father, after all. Even when you did not know for over thirty years.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11707 on: February 01, 2019, 12:41:17 PM »

Whirlwind trip again.

Total grandfather. You are her father's father, after all. Even when you did not know for over thirty years.

Thank you. That is kind of how it felt.

This is a bit new to me. I might need a bit of adjustment time.
 :GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11708 on: February 01, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »

Whirlwind trip again.

Take all the time you need, DD. It's a big deal. But I do find it amazing how the cycle of life is showing you its continuance in Texas especially, where a life ended and another began and both being important to you.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11709 on: February 01, 2019, 05:14:14 PM »

Whirlwind trip again.

Take all the time you need, DD. It's a big deal. But I do find it amazing how the cycle of life is showing you its continuance in Texas especially, where a life ended and another began and both being important to you.

That is where I was going with the "balance"  comment and how what goes around comes back around again.

But my time is up. This has already happened and what ever times any more of all this takes is within me. I feel both very strong and yet helpless at the same time.

I would like to say I am ready and most of me is ready but there are parts of me which still want to cringe in a cave somewhere and not look out.

The strong parts made me called to let them know I made my flight OK.
As far as the weak parts, they seem to run from my efforts to even understand them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:28:38 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11710 on: February 01, 2019, 05:23:02 PM »
I thank you for helping me work these things thorough.

Sometimes just being exposed to an outside perspective is more valuable than all the internal volcanic activity my mind can create or imagine.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:26:45 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11711 on: February 02, 2019, 02:43:22 AM »
Honestly, I hate the term "circle of life".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11712 on: February 02, 2019, 08:43:18 AM »
Honestly, I hate the term "circle of life".
But it's factual, even though now it's more used as platitudes, although I meant it in its factual form. So many things happen in life cycles. 'round and round again.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11713 on: February 03, 2019, 02:51:59 AM »
It's a platitude. One life beginning and another ending does not close a circle. Sorry.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11714 on: February 03, 2019, 01:07:50 PM »
It's a platitude. One life beginning and another ending does not close a circle. Sorry.

You choose to see it as a platitude, but I was not using it as a platitude. No sense in arguing over it though.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad