Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201397 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11250 on: October 08, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »
This is actually my "friend's" ass and his nice carry rig (I AM the photographer, par excellence nice pic of a carry rig, right?), but we have all decided to not use Levi's anymore after they donated a crazy bunch of money to getting rid of our guns.

No more Levi products for this redneck.

He carries a quite a bit more "fancy" version of the same weapon I carry. (his is like wearing jewelry or some shit. I give him shit all the time Ours both shoot the same, within the shooters capabilities, but his is SO pretty) Like minds and all.

This movement by Levi is just another one of those "take guns away from law abiding citizens to keep criminals from using guns" things. It is just stupid!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:43:44 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11251 on: October 08, 2018, 06:33:19 PM »
Well, it's official....Carla and I have decided (after much hemming and hawwing by me) that for our 30th wedding anniversary we will go to Iceland and maybe, hopefully witness an eruption and experience the great hospitality of the Icelandic people.  I cannot think of the 18 or so hours it would take us to go to Hawaii and the untold dollars to go there.  As my late friend put it, "When going to Hawaii, pack your suitcase, then open it and throw everything out and and just pack cash."  At least Iceland is only a 6 hour flight from Logan airport, and since I'll be 66. it will be now or never.  Besides, my gut feeling is that then will be the time to do it!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11252 on: October 08, 2018, 06:47:31 PM »
You deserve it. Enough hemming and hawwing. GO and enjoy yourself!

I am astounded!

... and just a little jealous.
 :2thumbsup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11253 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:40 PM »
Well, it's official....Carla and I have decided (after much hemming and hawwing by me) that for our 30th wedding anniversary we will go to Iceland and maybe, hopefully witness an eruption and experience the great hospitality of the Icelandic people.  I cannot think of the 18 or so hours it would take us to go to Hawaii and the untold dollars to go there.  As my late friend put it, "When going to Hawaii, pack your suitcase, then open it and throw everything out and and just pack cash."  At least Iceland is only a 6 hour flight from Logan airport, and since I'll be 66. it will be now or never.  Besides, my gut feeling is that then will be the time to do it!   8)

Awesome.  8)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11254 on: October 08, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »
Try to be less boring than I was when I went to Iceland 20 years ago. In the days before online bookings were common, so I booked via phone (Flight Centre was the best known flight booking agency back then).

Flight Centre told me that the cheapest flight from London to New York was via Iceland, and would I be okay with that?

I said "yes, and by the way would it cost any more to do a 24 hour stopover?".

The answer from Flight Centre was "no" so I scheduled a 24 hour stopover on the way back from New York to London.

By the time I found a hotel and checked in and all that I just fell asleep. When I woke up I went out and walked around Reykjavik, looked at the fishing boats and marvelled at how clean the water was, went to a supermarket and saw all the tropical fruits and stuff that they grow in the greenhouses. Then got a taxi back to the airport. The taxi driver told me to come back in summer when it's only dark for a couple of hours at midnight. I always meant to go back some day in Summer, never did.

I can't remember exactly when it was, around late September or early October I think. It was cool in Reykjavik. It's a cool temperate climate so cool weather is not that uncommon there.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11255 on: October 08, 2018, 11:07:27 PM »
Just taken my night time morphine shot, 20mg oxy IR and night time dose of chlormethiazole (seizure med), cimetidine (stomach med, helps pain meds avoid metabolism longer too) and antibiotic. Might take a sleeping pill when I actually go to sleep.

But, while it's just beginning to do it's thing, I'm going to stay up, enjoy the relaxation, smoke cigars and probably eat 2-3 tubs of ice cream, plus a carton of cold guava juice and one of watermelon juice to wash it down. Or rather than ice cream, I've both canned custard and canned ice cream in the fridge. I might have some of that instead. I never have either hot, I like cold rice pudding far more than I like it hot, it tastes much better and the thicker texture is far more appealing on a spazzy sensory level too. In fact, I'm going to finish my cigar, grab a  hdnful of the candies  I've been eating (got £3 worth of 5p candies, a mixed selection, although I've eaten all the jelly lizards and all the banana flavoured foam candy toothbrushes. All thats left are the big blue pairs of lips, that taste of blue raspberry with hints of bubblegum. Had been saving the best for last)

While I finish the mission I'm on in my X-com-terror from the deep game, probably play two or three more, as I've hunted down at least two alien bases. Both will be in need of being exterminated, the moment I finish research on my sonic cannon ammunition R&D project so the combat dive teams have something better than sonic rifles and confined antiproton shell-firing gauss rifles. If I can get body armor research done in time to make some for the squad  AND wipe out both bases within the month then I will. Otherwise  they'll have to go in packing sonic and gauss rifles plus a fuckton of explosives, a pair of gas-powered bolt-thrower cannons with a magazine each for both of high explosive tipped bolts and incendiary tipped bolts, plus one guy with both a sonic rifle and  a heavy infantry version of the gas cannons, basically a miniaturized, fully automatic torpedo launcher, capable of using either armor-piercing bolts, high explosive mini-torpedoes or white phosphorus torpedoes. Might give that guy an extra clip of both HE and IC rounds, as automatic fire can use up all the rounds in a mag pretty fast. Plus cryogenic shock prods for close combat stunning and capturing living specimens.

Got a medium sized cruiser or assault craft downed though first that I'm part way through killing everything or else taking them alive as many as possible. Nearly done I think. Just a handful of the tough as nails giant mutated cybernetically enhanced, armored and armed to fuck aliens in their craft, hiding. It's down to a bug hunt now.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11256 on: October 09, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
Try to be less boring than I was when I went to Iceland 20 years ago. In the days before online bookings were common, so I booked via phone (Flight Centre was the best known flight booking agency back then).

Flight Centre told me that the cheapest flight from London to New York was via Iceland, and would I be okay with that?

I said "yes, and by the way would it cost any more to do a 24 hour stopover?".

The answer from Flight Centre was "no" so I scheduled a 24 hour stopover on the way back from New York to London.

By the time I found a hotel and checked in and all that I just fell asleep. When I woke up I went out and walked around Reykjavik, looked at the fishing boats and marvelled at how clean the water was, went to a supermarket and saw all the tropical fruits and stuff that they grow in the greenhouses. Then got a taxi back to the airport. The taxi driver told me to come back in summer when it's only dark for a couple of hours at midnight. I always meant to go back some day in Summer, never did.

I can't remember exactly when it was, around late September or early October I think. It was cool in Reykjavik. It's a cool temperate climate so cool weather is not that uncommon there.

As a volcano fanatic, Iceland has been one of my top reads.  And I have seen shows that feature the foods, the culture and the climate, as well as the geology.  They have quite a volcano tour system in place to visit certain places like the site of the Laki fissure eruptions.  Some of the myths and legends are still in my memory banks as well!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11257 on: October 09, 2018, 12:22:50 PM »
Thinking about work.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11258 on: October 09, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
As a volcano fanatic, Iceland has been one of my top reads.  And I have seen shows that feature the foods, the culture and the climate, as well as the geology.  They have quite a volcano tour system in place to visit certain places like the site of the Laki fissure eruptions.  Some of the myths and legends are still in my memory banks as well!   8)

Icelandic people can still read the old Viking texts, and they still name their children as the Vikings did. They are a lot closer to the Vikings in terms of culture and language and genetically than are other Scandinavian people. I read that some time ago, not sure how true it is.

Food there is pretty good, they have lots of fresh seafood oddly enough.

It's actually a cool temperate climate, not nearly as cold as people imagine based on the name and how far North it is. In Winter Reykjavik is often warmer than New York and London.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11259 on: October 09, 2018, 10:22:39 PM »

Icelandic people can still read the old Viking texts, and they still name their children as the Vikings did. They are a lot closer to the Vikings in terms of culture and language and genetically than are other Scandinavian people. I read that some time ago, not sure how true it is.

Food there is pretty good, they have lots of fresh seafood oddly enough.

It's actually a cool temperate climate, not nearly as cold as people imagine based on the name and how far North it is. In Winter Reykjavik is often warmer than New York and London.

The surrounding ocean is a good moderator of temps.  We will most likely go in summer and it will be interesting to experience the midnight sun.  I have heard about their embracing their Viking roots and it is at the core of their living in such a geologically active place.  Their ingenuity in making it work for them is legendary.   8)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11260 on: October 10, 2018, 03:20:16 AM »
I'm thinking of getting into proofreading. When I told my friend about it, she said I may as well give up now because work would be very hard to find. So positive. Now I'm more determined to actually do it. I bought a Kindle book online about it for less than $10 and it has some good tips.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11261 on: October 10, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »

Enjoy, mate
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11262 on: October 10, 2018, 08:24:46 AM »
How much stuff I have been posting on Facebook as of late.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11263 on: October 10, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »

Enjoy, mate

Thanks.   8)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11264 on: October 10, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »
Great rock hound.   :2thumbsup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: