Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10830 on: July 14, 2018, 08:58:31 AM »
Not everything is Black and White.  Why not ask the question Female and Male?  I'm sure a woman would not have been subjected to the same treatment as Dirtdawg.

And yes, I know the black/white treatment division.  I live in the South.

And maybe Dirtdawg's driving a truck, having a beard (I think he has a beard), staring at the school building, etc. had some place in the officers' actions.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10831 on: July 14, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »
Not everything is Black and White.  Why not ask the question Female and Male?  I'm sure a woman would not have been subjected to the same treatment as Dirtdawg.

And yes, I know the black/white treatment division.  I live in the South.

And maybe Dirtdawg's driving a truck, having a beard (I think he has a beard), staring at the school building, etc. had some place in the officers' actions.

You are correct upon all inferences. I drive a large crossover SUV. I could fit a fucking cannon in the back or about fifty six bags of mulch (more often and more common) and I was definitely checking out the entire building, while pacing around the car smoking my pipe. Now I do have a beard, but I keep it trimmed. It barely goes more than a tiny bit below my collar bones. My beard fucking kicks ass!  When I recently traveled to Texas to visit my mom in the hospital, she did not recognize me until I had convinced her that some wild looking strange man was about to hug her.
(I still kind of cry a bit at times, missing her hugs, but she is doing better. Hopefully, I will have many more!)

As a hobby endeavor, during my young years, I pretended to explore various thespian interests and, even young, well shaven, trim and trying my best to be faggotty, I could never pass for a woman, until I made myself into a sparkle top, wore a couple of pillows strategical placed, tied my knees together so I could actually waddle properly, donned an apron, hideous dress, size twelve old lady shoes and brandished a larger than usable rolling pin. I was always considered to too "butch" to pull off being a woman.

Pretty sure these cops, who I have the greatest respect for, BTW assumed they were dealing with a male.

Had my cousin been there with her 9mm on her hip, I would bet she would also have been identified and questioned.

Not everything is about black or white ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10832 on: July 14, 2018, 12:50:44 PM »
Oops, sorry Dirtdawg.  I wasn't posting in reply to you, but to Minister of silly walks video.

@ Dirtdawg  -  So happy your mom is giving her illness a run for its money.

I'd love to se you ala Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10833 on: July 14, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
The YouTube video was just something that DirtDawg's post reminded me of. And the way that people are treated for exercising their rights. Not a direct comment on what happened to DD.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10834 on: July 14, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
The YouTube video was just something that DirtDawg's post reminded me of. And the way that people are treated for exercising their rights. Not a direct comment on what happened to DD.

Yes you were downplaying his experience and outrage and saying he should thank his lucky stars that he was not black. Like telling someone who is beaten up that they are lucky they weren't raped. It is very good on pushing identity politics but a little short on being either constructive or empathetic.Not that I have ever accused you of either.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10835 on: July 14, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »
Thanks for telling me what I'm thinking Al, it's really cute and quite funny.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10836 on: July 14, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »
Thanks for telling me what I'm thinking Al, it's really cute and quite funny.

Bet it is and you are very welcome.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10837 on: July 16, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »
I only have to drop in to check on mum once a day now.
Apparently she's not allowed to drive for another 5 weeks! Surely they could medically clear her to drive before then?
In the meantime I'm phat lapping in her car until my tyres are fitted later this week (hopefully). I'm umm, making sure the battery doesn't go flat :zoinks:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10838 on: July 16, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »
Smelling gas in the truck. Not leaking anywhere overnight, guessing maybe a pinhole somewhere and she's spraying when the line gets pressure when she's running.

Now to just find out where.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10839 on: July 16, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »
Oops, sorry Dirtdawg.  I wasn't posting in reply to you, but to Minister of silly walks video.

@ Dirtdawg  -  So happy your mom is giving her illness a run for its money.

I'd love to se you ala Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

Thanks for positive thoughts for my mom.
She has gone back and forth a bit lately, but things seem to be better now. She comes from strong stock and just a year ago she was still doing all the farm stuff she did as a teen. AND taking all the aging and failing siblings all over three counties to doctor appointments, physical therapy sessions, dietitians, blood work labs, etc, etc.

We have lost two of her brothers and one of her sisters husbands lately, but she comes from a family of eight kids and the nieces and nephews that that implies.

Not sure if I mentioned them all, but we have had six elder family deaths in the past year. Rough times for us all, but particularly odd for those of us in our sixties or approaching that age, who are looking up and having to face the fact that WE are now the elders in charge of all the land holding, homesteads, varied businesses and the last of the "still alive" older ones who are beginning to need more and more care.
Needless to mention, my older cousins and I have become "RE-acquainted" over this past year and we all have each other on speed dial.

Just another one of those things that you either learn to live with or die because of.  (Sorry for the hideous grammar, but I was paraphrasing one of my grandfathers who had a third grade education and still fought in WWI, survived The Great Depression raising a decent family any way he could while keeping the taxes paid on a family homestead)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10840 on: July 16, 2018, 12:18:42 PM »
I'm thinking about the rack of battered cod fillets set to a good sizzlin' in the oven, and the taste to come as I begin to sink my gnashers into the first juicy, tender battered package of quality white god fillets. A bit of a pain they take doing for 20 min in the oven rather than being suitable for a quick MWing, but that wouldn't get the batter right IMO. I want that to undergo it's Maillard reaction to lightly-medium browned and lovely crispy flavourful aromatic perfection. Not just get nuked in the microwave. Some things do need the oven to do them properly, and IMO battered fish is one of them. Got to get the batter right.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10841 on: July 16, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »
I'm thinking about the rack of battered cod fillets set to a good sizzlin' in the oven, and the taste to come as I begin to sink my gnashers into the first juicy, tender battered package of quality white god fillets. A bit of a pain they take doing for 20 min in the oven rather than being suitable for a quick MWing, but that wouldn't get the batter right IMO. I want that to undergo it's Maillard reaction to lightly-medium browned and lovely crispy flavourful aromatic perfection. Not just get nuked in the microwave. Some things do need the oven to do them properly, and IMO battered fish is one of them. Got to get the batter right.

I love all kinds of fish, but cod is one of my favorite white fish catches.

It has been years since I had some cod that I did not have to buy at a store somewhere.

I enjoyed how you misspelled cod once and called them god fillets.  Now that might open another discussion. God fillets, indeed. How about a rack of God ribs, would it ever end? I am also partial to chicken breasts, but does God have breasts?   Hmmm ...

I like it!
 :headbang2:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:52:40 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10842 on: July 16, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »
Haha. I knew it tasted heavenly, but I hadn't realized I was having a deity round for supper, as the main course :autism:

And does god have breasts? yes, but they ain't for the knowledge of anyone else, I was lucky enough to spend the best years of my life with her, and they ain't for public consumption. That's my ex fiancee yer' talking about :P Because yes, she was indeed, a goddess. Albeit rather...young, but a very, very, VERY beautiful, stunningly sexy, astonishing autie lass who could turn my legs and spine to tingling liquid with the consistency of a boneless water bed just by calling to me from far down the road as we would meet, and on seeing each other, both howl each other's name, heedless of anything or anyone else, as we would both take off like a bullet from a high-caliber anti-materiel rifle, paired, and fired directly into each other, crashing together like a storm, spinning each other through the air, or just knocking straight into each other, all the while, with the name of one another, being SCREAMED, at the top of our lungs, things like the distinctly 'special ed' and kinda obviously classically autie vocal tonal modulation, every little quirk of amplitude and frequency just making me melt. That really was all she had to do, to kinda put me in a weird sort of almost trance like state, and have me melt to a figure-hugging, form-fitting skintight outfit for her to wear. So yeah, god...is a she, and she has them. But they ain't for general consumption by the public at large.

Although yes, they are indeed the most wonderful set to ever grow from a special little autie angel. A dark-winged angel for sure, and a naughty one. But in the best way.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10843 on: July 16, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »
Thinking about the open carry laws.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10844 on: July 16, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »
Haha. I knew it tasted heavenly, but I hadn't realized I was having a deity round for supper, as the main course :autism:

And does god have breasts? yes, but they ain't for the knowledge of anyone else, I was lucky enough to spend the best years of my life with her, and they ain't for public consumption. That's my ex fiancee yer' talking about :P Because yes, she was indeed, a goddess. Albeit rather...young, but a very, very, VERY beautiful, stunningly sexy, astonishing autie lass who could turn my legs and spine to tingling liquid with the consistency of a boneless water bed just by calling to me from far down the road as we would meet, and on seeing each other, both howl each other's name, heedless of anything or anyone else, as we would both take off like a bullet from a high-caliber anti-materiel rifle, paired, and fired directly into each other, crashing together like a storm, spinning each other through the air, or just knocking straight into each other, all the while, with the name of one another, being SCREAMED, at the top of our lungs, things like the distinctly 'special ed' and kinda obviously classically autie vocal tonal modulation, every little quirk of amplitude and frequency just making me melt. That really was all she had to do, to kinda put me in a weird sort of almost trance like state, and have me melt to a figure-hugging, form-fitting skintight outfit for her to wear. So yeah, god...is a she, and she has them. But they ain't for general consumption by the public at large.

Although yes, they are indeed the most wonderful set to ever grow from a special little autie angel. A dark-winged angel for sure, and a naughty one. But in the best way.

I knew my whimsical thoughts would be pontificatable.  (surely THAT is not a real word -  :green:)